So After That Cowboys Win, Where Will We Finish?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No chance for the top 8. 12th to 14th.

Would love to be wrong though.

This team will be better next year, especially with a few signings.

We will be in the fight for the 8, if we are close at rd 22 we will make it..

Our last 4 games are Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors and Panthers.

no not those pictures ....
these pictures
img_9810.jpg

Premiers!!! Then world club champions. **** we may as well enter Manly into the World Cup and get the trifecta.

I don't know if I've changed my view because I forget what my first prediction was.
I do know 10 teams are level with us in equal last!

Nrl is such a lottery and I honestly think that most clubs have fairly poor depth in 2017. Lose a couple of key players and you go from a top eight side to a bottom 4 side. I will go 10th. We will lose the turbos through origin and that will have an impact. I pray we stay healthy and avoid suspensions. Who knows we could finish higher.

After seeing the Cows game i firmly believe that Nate Myles (of all people), is one of our most influential players. That game showed exactly why he was bought to the club.

If he lifts his intensity and plays to that level most weeks, then we will have a good chance of finishing top 8. The whole team seemed to lift to another level in defence when he did.

Conversely, in our first 2 games he lacked intensity and was generally mediocre. I dont think its a coincidence that when he lifted, the rest of the team did too... he will have a huge bearing on our final season position imo

Last edited:
Still think 14th and really, really hoping no lower than that.

Our roster has far too many reserve graders in it and until our recruitment improves, which is unlikely this year. I just don't have the confidence to say we will finish any higher.

Our next five games are against (in order) the Dogs, Rorters, St Merge, Scum and Faiders. I think we might jag one win out of these, so we could be 2 wins from 8, after almost a third of the season gone.

I would love to be wrong though.............!!

Last edited:
still think bottom 4
Yeah. As someone said, its a bit of lottery innit. Very hard to pick.

We get a few players suspended/injured - bottom 4.
Nate Myles decides he's had enough and only gives 50% - bottom 4.
Hardly any injuries/suspensions & Myles lifts intensity, as well as continues leading with his head in tackles - maybe sneak into the top 8

8th.

Then many a famous battle in the semis that will go down in the record books as the greatest Manly team of all time after we win the GF against the evil football overlords the Storm.
Turbos to be knighted, DCE to knock out Gordon Tallis in a bar fight after the game. Lewis Brown to be useful, Nate Myles to use his head to bust open Cam Smith and Billy Slater in the same tackle, Api to win a pass the ball comp on the Sunday Footy show the week leading up to the GF and Tooves to be the CEO of the NRL.
I think I just came a little.

Stick with just inside the 8.
Showed any team can win any game based on desire but importantly for us....also have a few game breakers who can turn a game.
Really need to build on that win with consistency and with key players coming back - have a good chance to do that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7