Snake on outer and Starling (not Vave to Sharks)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Said before someone needs to tell him or he needs to know himself. I don't think it's misguided to want a champ to go out a champ. I'm just taking no delight in his current performance. Unlike some.

I dont think any Manly supporter is taking any delight at all in calling for Snake to call it a day. We all love Stewart and what he has done for the club. He's been a champion.

But in every footballers life comes a time to move on, and to do it before they become a liability and worse, an embarrassment, and lose the admiration that has been earned over the years. He is playing at present like a burnt out spark plug and its affecting the team's performance.

Its not like he is having the occasional bad game. He hasnt had even an average game for months. He's broken for whatever reason and like Lyon he needs to realise the time has come.

Like other Manly supporters I want to remember Stewart as that great full back up there with Eadie in Manly history. What's happening now is just sad and tarnishing his fine reputation.

I should have added that Champions deserve to go out in style , as does he, it can be managed , he needs to announce he's retiring after the next home game, people would still attend in droves and he'd get a hero's farewell.

If it's mental ( which I think it partly is) he's a shot duck.

If it's a long term injury ( which I think it partly is) he's a shot duck.

If it's a short term injury, and he's in depression but wants to play another year if his form dictates this , then stand him down for the rest of the year and give him time to heal.

Sadly I think it's a combination of all if the above and there's no coming back.

The mettle of the man, his family, his mentors and the coaching staff will be what happens next!!

I dont think any Manly supporter is taking any delight at all in calling for Snake to call it a day. We all love Stewart and what he has done for the club. He's been a champion.

But in every footballers life comes a time to move on, and to do it before they become a liability and worse, an embarrassment, and lose the admiration that has been earned over the years. He is playing at present like a burnt out spark plug and its affecting the team's performance.

Its not like he is having the occasional bad game. He hasnt had even an average game for months. He's broken for whatever reason and like Lyon he needs to realise the time has come.

Like other Manly supporters I want to remember Stewart as that great full back up there with Eadie in Manly history. What's happening now is just sad and tarnishing his fine reputation.
What I originally responded to was turbos quote that he was " pretty happy about it ".

I have no idea how Starling is going to get into the Sharks pack this year.
Maybe if a couple depart at the end of the year he could see game time in 2017

Plenty of great players played one or two years to many but we always remember them as the great players they have been for the club still hurts watching them be the guys that cost us games. This season is dead and gone so time to let it go and move on, where to who knows?

Ive got no problem saying it.

Seems to me a lot of the guys who lament Tooveys exit are now crying crocodile tears for Snake. He and his 2 little mates chased Toovey out of this club after he made an absolutely correct decision on Gift,and we have threads a mile long maligning Choc and Foran for this. Why the difference in treatment? Because he stays and eats up 650K in cap?Choc in particular and Foran are both highly decorated Manly players. So Snake stays,hangs around with his buddy Eddie and his mobster mates and doesn't try and he should be lauded for that. What a joke!

Our club has gone downhill ever since the lunatics ran the asylum and hunted a true legend out of this club and anyone who cant see that that was when we lost the Manly mojo has their head in the sand.Can you imagine Tooves playing like a cardboard cut out!He must be shaking his battered head every day.

That tap out over the dead ball line says it all in a nutshell.There is not a club in the NRL who would tolerate all this, regardless of past achievements.

Last night we were 4 points down with 2 minutes to go.

We were defending a repeat set on our line after Thurston forced a goal line drop out.

With 2 minutes to go the Cowboys put in another grubber.

Snake makes no attempt at the ball and watches as it slowly crosses the dead ball line.

He HAD to make a play for the ball. However tough it would have been to return the ball to the field of play he still had to make a play. His actions were a complete surrender of the match and he may as well have blown the full time siren himself.

Let's face it. Snake has stopped competing. He's been there for a while now as I saw evidence of this last season as well.

Last night we were 4 points down with 2 minutes to go.

We were defending a repeat set on our line after Thurston forced a goal line drop out.

With 2 minutes to go the Cowboys put in another grubber.

Snake makes no attempt at the ball and watches as it slowly crosses the dead ball line.

He HAD to make a play for the ball. However tough it would have been to return the ball to the field of play he still had to make a play. His actions were a complete surrender of the match and he may as well have blown the full time siren himself.

Let's face it. Snake has stopped competing. He's been there for a while now as I saw evidence of this last season as well.
Yep noticed this and thought it was a soft option

Suprised nobody else has raised it

Yep noticed this and thought it was a soft option

Suprised nobody else has raised it
Was raised on the game thread. Along with a couple of minutes beforehand, Killer put up a bomb, Snake ran through to contest it with Coote but when he got there, he just kind of chucked an arm out at it and that was it. Didn't jump at the ball or challenge Coote in anyway. Just kind of stuck the arm out and ran through. When I saw it, I thought to myself "I bet that was Snake" and sure enough a few seconds later he's jogging back on side.

With that tapping the ball over the dead ball line late in the game.....the sad part is that he had Tommy and Jorge there who might have had a chance of getting back into play if he had grabbed the ball and passed it. At least that would have been some sort of effort.

But to just knock it dead when it still had about 3 metres to go before it actually went dead.....that was more of a "I don't want to be tackled here" action than anything. And that showed me that his heart just isn't in it any more and he's more interested in self preservation than anything.

I think with Snake it has reached the point of no return and its only hurting the side having him out there. Tom is ready to be the fullback.....unleash the kid and let a champion bow out as gracefully as possible.

Funny game last night. After watching the first half i would have hooked him for sure, even though williame who would be a better fullback was injured.

The early part of the second half he almost got his hands dirty, may have been tackled twice and for a few minutes i went from frustrated to sadness for the guy.

Then when the game was on the line he pulled his heartlidge. We probably wouldnt have won the game, he probably would have got caught in goal but gee whiz. It was telling.

Plenty give it to barret about it being a results driven business, well what about snake. He is without doubt the weakest link and needs to be saved from himself. If he wont bow out gracefully then barrett needs to do the honourable thing and cut him, just for his own legacy. 10 more games like this and he will be the laughing stock

But the worst for mine is that its so obvious. Everyone can see it. Can you just imagine what this does for team harmony. The guys busted there gut last night and to see and old man with a chip on his shoulder put the cue in the rack would divide any team, and to be honest i hope it does. The sooner the team bonds on a common goal the better

He has a contract, i get he wants his cash, fair enough but play this out behind the scenes for the good of our once mighty champion. Stewy has been a manly legend , a role model but make it stop

Who was the french fullback from the seventies who had a philosophy that if the front 12 cant stop him, im not going too

We are mostly all on the same page here on Silvertails with this issue and I see that the commentators are starting to make similar comments , but it's far from " mainstream " as yet.

Nothing in the press ( no doubt ZtH calling in favours), and I suppose as we are running down the bottom we are hardly a news item with the likes of NRL 360, but you'd have to say this can't last.

I imagine the pressure is starting to build and ZtH can only hold up the dam wall for so long but the next 10 weeks is going to be very telling.

If nothing happens you'll know for sure that Yeah Nah is just there in name, and the real driver of the decisions are Bozo & ZtH.

Snake & TB
Its sad to see how our once prolific tryscorer and the difference between winning and loosing games is a shadow of his former self .

My concern is (and i dont know him personally) that he looks very unhappy, depressed is a better word, havnt seen him simply smile in a while.

My thoughts go to TB who as a coach should be able to get into the head space of individuals in order to get the best out of them both mentally, emotionally and physically , and this is evident he cannot do.

TB get out of our crumbling fortress so we can rebuilt it.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that TB is not in control of this team. How anyone thinks that something as blatantly obvious as a leader that isn't truly in control won't have an effect on the team is amazing.

How is Trent supposed to develop working relationships, trust and mutual respect with the team when they know he is being used as a puppet? If anyone is on hiding to nothing here, it's Trent Barrett. I can't believe, and don't believe he signed up for this. Neither did his assistants. Lies have been told and the apple is rotting from the core out.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that TB is not in control of this team. How anyone thinks that something as blatantly obvious as a leader that isn't truly in control won't have an effect on the team is amazing.

How is Trent supposed to develop working relationships, trust and mutual respect with the team when they know he is being used as a puppet? If anyone is on hiding to nothing here, it's Trent Barrett. I can't believe, and don't believe he signed up for this. Neither did his assistants. Lies have been told and the apple is rotting from the core out.

Be funny if he pulled the pin and wrote a tell all story, although I know he wouldn't do that as it would be a career killer.

But, he's on a hiding to nothing anyway!!

Funny game last night. After watching the first half i would have hooked him for sure, even though williame who would be a better fullback was injured.

The early part of the second half he almost got his hands dirty, may have been tackled twice and for a few minutes i went from frustrated to sadness for the guy.

Then when the game was on the line he pulled his heartlidge. We probably wouldnt have won the game, he probably would have got caught in goal but gee whiz. It was telling.

Plenty give it to barret about it being a results driven business, well what about snake. He is without doubt the weakest link and needs to be saved from himself. If he wont bow out gracefully then barrett needs to do the honourable thing and cut him, just for his own legacy. 10 more games like this and he will be the laughing stock

But the worst for mine is that its so obvious. Everyone can see it. Can you just imagine what this does for team harmony. The guys busted there gut last night and to see and old man with a chip on his shoulder put the cue in the rack would divide any team, and to be honest i hope it does. The sooner the team bonds on a common goal the better

He has a contract, i get he wants his cash, fair enough but play this out behind the scenes for the good of our once mighty champion. Stewy has been a manly legend , a role model but make it stop

Who was the french fullback from the seventies who had a philosophy that if the front 12 cant stop him, im not going too
Exactly how I saw it. I thought maybe he only wants to try if he thinks we have a chance. But then, as you say, no.

"I can't believe, and don't believe he signed up for this."

Yes this must be the case, otherwise what would have been the negotiation for the position have been......?

'Listen we've got this football team that needs a coach and you're a rookie coach that needs some experience, look we'll do all the selections and decision making, so no pressure, real easy gig see.....all you have to do is turn up, look pretty and bumble your way through a few press conferences, our expertise will make you look good too! Whadiya say?'

Last edited:

Eadie and snake were neck an neck as the best. Now wombat is the clear best manly fullback, he retired too early from manly. Brett a year too long.

Snake has been an out and out champion for Manly over the years but something has gone amiss this year. I have loved watching him play and scoring all those tries at Brookie but I was very disappointed watching him last night.

Snake was the guy who the team could always count on to pull a game out of the fire. If Manly were down then he would invariably be the one to make that big play to get Manly home. He was an integral part of the team, so much so, that when he played, Manly more often won than lost. But unfortunately not this year.

He is now a shadow of his former self and I just hope somehow he can find it in himself to find form so that he can end his career on a high.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6