SN: Monas meeting aftermath quotes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HK

This isn't for advertising but ive got quotes from Banaghan on SportsNews.com.au...

I'm sure all from AE are interested and anyone, feel free to post the quotes up...cheers

http://www.sportsnews.com.au/news.php?extend.1383

thanks Haig. You should do this more often.

It's obvious were getting Orford.

Whats your feelings on the whole situation Haig?

your message this morning woke me up, I read it and though....dont know if i should bother getting out of bed :D

Byso, in all honesty i am of the opinion that Orford is a better number 7, but Monaghan is 3 years his junior and would make a perfect hooker should Randall be released as expected.

And with his game on the improve, maybe Monas can become even better in 3 years time.

I'll also say, yesterday my mail from Melbourne told me of a significant breakthrough in talks with Orford, with Mimis stating he WILL start talks for the 3 year deal Melbourne wants - initially that was the stumbling block with Orford preferring a shorter commitment.

Could this mean Anasta is in the equation?

I mean, i can only expect the club is somehow prepared for losing Monaghan, because covering him within our ranks will be impossible with nobody standing up to play 7 better than him, while Mullane is the only 6 able to play outside Witt.

I could see a good combination with

7 - Witt
6 - Anasta
9 - Monas

or

7 - Witt
6 - Anasta
9 - Dunley

or

7 - Orford
6 - Witt
9 - Monas/Dunley

Dunley is one of my favourite players, but according to the club statistician, he missed an average of four tackles in 50 minutes on his better days. Over 80 minutes, that could be suicide around the ruck...

yeah but he would miss most of them from marker! I am ok with him missing tackles from marker

The concern is his failure to grasp the tackling style. You need solidity in defence as a hooker, and Dunley does not provide that for a gruelling 80 minutes.

I think it is absolutely disgraceful.

We tell the guy to play well for 2 weeks to get a contract,he does just that,and we tell him to take a jump.

We tell the bloke that we want to build a team around HIM,and 18 months later pi$$ him off.

IMO it just isn't on,and I am embarassed by our club officials at the moment

I think it is absolutely disgraceful.

We tell the guy to play well for 2 weeks to get a contract,he does just that,and we tell him to take a jump.

We tell the bloke that we want to build a team around HIM,and 18 months later pi$$ him off.

IMO it just isn't on,and I am embarassed by our club officials at the moment

Exactly, if they told him earlier on that they didn't want him then I wouldn't be as dissapointed. He has been treated like absolute rubbish.

I would love to have Orford but this Monas saga is not good for the club. Why is this being carried out in public or is there something else going on we don't know about. Surely the club and Banaghan should be doing this in private rather than in press releases.

I am speechless at that one. To shaft Monas for Mullane would seem an unbelievable act!!!!! Berrigan and Bailey would be sensational - the ST G one not the Shark one!

I'm not that concerned with what is happening, I think I've learnt over the last few years not to believe anything until a contract is signed, whether they are new recruits or players leaving, whatever. The only thing I don't like is the way it has been handled so publicly, most clubs would be going through the same kind of thing but it isn't being played out in the media, Banaghan and Monaghan don't help much, they seem willing to give a quote to any Tom, Dick and Harry with a pen. I'd like to see him stay on as hooker and captain at the expense of both Randall and Dunley.

The Anasta conspiracy is an interesting one seeing as through his union decision kind of coincided with the 2 week trial for Monas. :p

This opens up the next question, who would be up for the captaincy? BK or Beaver for the year or two they have left? Watmough? Orford? :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4