sMyth must be the dumbest bloke around

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Players deserve premierships: captain
STATHI PAXINOS
July 17, 2010

MELBOURNE Storm players were comfortable in their refusal to co-operate with the News Ltd-commissioned audit into the club's books and still believed that they deserved the premierships which have been stripped, skipper Cameron Smith said yesterday.

News Ltd boss John Hartigan, in releasing the results of the forensic audit on Thursday, revealed that 13 players - including seven who are still at the Storm - had been receiving payments outside the regulations of the cap.

Hartigan said no evidence had been found that the players or their managers had been aware of the illegality of the payments, but he had been critical that the players had not co-operated with the investigators from accounting firm Deloitte.

However, Smith yesterday said the players' stance had been vindicated.

''We were given advice at the time of those investigations that it was probably best that we didn't go in and have those interviews. At the time there was plenty going on, the rep season had just started and eventually the investigation was sorted out by itself,'' Smith said.

''That was the advice we were given and that's what we stood by. We like to think that we're given fairly good advice by the people we trust and at the time we did what was right for us.''

He was also unequivocal when asked whether the players still deserved the premierships from 2007 and 2009. The audit found that the club was nearly $3.2 million over the salary cap since 2006 but, when asked, Smith declared that the players ''absolutely'' deserved the lost premierships.

The players yesterday woke to a rumour that was spreading through league circles that they would boycott tonight's game against the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland. However, club officials moved quickly to quash the speculation as the team arrived at its old home ground of Olympic Park for a final training session.

The media was kept a distance away from the players as they walked between AAMI Park and Olympic Park, and was forced to stand on the footpath to take pictures and television footage as the Storm kept to its practice of closing its final session before a game.

The players, however, showed they had not lost all their humour when television networks countered by taking to the air and shooting from two helicopters. In response, the players lay in formation on the ground to spell out ''hi''.

However, they were in little mood to talk when they arrived at the airport to fly to Auckland. The players bore stand-offish body language and barely acknowledged the waiting media.

However, Smith spoke for the team and declared that the players would play out the year.

''We're committed to playing football for our club for the rest of the season and playing for the fans. They're the ones who have stuck behind us the whole time,'' he said.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leagu...716-10e9b.html

what a fool he still thinks they deserve the premiership..  losers..  cant they get it through their heads they only made them 4 GF `s in a row because they were cheating fuk me any team would have had the same success if they were rorting like them..

Did anyone else see the sign held up by a Warriors fan at Mt Smart stadium last night in the game between Storm & Warriors? It said...

"What's the difference between the Melb Storm & a triangle ... ?

A triangle has 3 points ! "    Made me chuckle

..oh yeah, Smith is a goose. Is his conduct befitting an Australian captain? the question needs to be asked i think.

zab link said:
Did anyone else see the sign held up by a Warriors fan at Mt Smart stadium last night in the game between Storm & Warriors? It said...

\"What's the difference between the Melb Storm & a triangle ... ?

A triangle has 3 points ! \"    Made me chuckle

..oh yeah, Smith is a goose. Is his conduct befitting an Australian captain? the question needs to be asked i think.

And another "The most expensive wooden spoon ever"

smith is the number 1 F****ng grub.And we know,there's only 1 Billy slater,with a packet of sweets,and a cheeky smile,slater is a f*****g _________ !

The Storms attitude to what has happened has been appalling, partilcularly from the players. In my opinion its not the players job to ensure a club is under the cap, but to deny what has happened is crazy.

All we want is an apology.

Red Sea Eagle link said:
The Storms attitude to what has happened has been appalling, partilcularly from the players. In my opinion its not the players job to ensure a club is under the cap, but to deny what has happened is crazy.

All we want is an apology.

Well put Red Sea Eagle. Surely it's not that hard to apologise. It would also save a lot of face from the club's point of view as well

Public apologies are awkward & meanlingless & embarrassing for everyone.

It happened, they've been punished, move on.

The NRL should have a televised award night for Manly and Parra to hand them the GF medals and trophies for the years they lost the GF's to the cheats. Imagine if we lost the 08 GF as well. Luckily we didn't.

G-Land Express link said:
The NRL should have a televised award night for Manly and Parra to hand them the GF medals and trophies for the years they lost the GF's to the cheats. Imagine if we lost the 08 GF as well. Luckily we didn't.
.. it  just goes to show what a champion team we really were to make 2 legitimate grandfinals in a row & win 1 40-0 in this day & age, the way the game is played now & how evenly matched all the players are fitness wise.
pretty good accomplishment from us , but it wont be recognised by many (within the league circles) because storms crap has taken that away...

ayjay007 link said:
smith is the number 1 F****ng grub.And we know,there's only 1 Billy slater,with a packet of sweets,and a cheeky smile,slater is a f*****g _________ !

hahahahaha. Well said ajay. I share your passion in regards to those two

ayjay007 link said:
And we're all forgetting that other grub crocker was in the team.I bet he got a few brown paper bags!

Yes, no doubt a nice sum to take out Snake in the 07  GF

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6