Smith and Slater

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Personally, Slater is RIGHT up there in my pantheon of most hated players...(they are getting fewer, as people like Crocker, Hodges etc retire). But I do remember him stopping play and cradling Wolf's head, when he broke his neck. Gives him one very small redeeming feature in the great list of injustices and foul play he's responsible for over the last 15 years or so.

I don't count that as a redeeming feature, to be honest - it got talked up at the time (and still does now) as if Slater did something special or out of the ordinary, but really, almost any player would've done the same thing. You grow up playing contact sports, you learn about not moving someone with a suspected neck/spinal injury very early on.

Besides that, think about how many times you see all the players stop and try to assist when, say, they hear something go crack in a tackle, or a guy is concussed and multiple players are trying to get his mouthguard out, get the officials' attention etc. Not uncommon to see, just for example, a tackler stay still when the guy he's tackled has busted his knee or something - they will sit there until the trainers/medics move the injured player off them.

TL;DR: Slater's a filthy grub and doesn't deserve any kudos for doing what any player would've done in that situation.

I don't count that as a redeeming feature, to be honest - it got talked up at the time (and still does now) as if Slater did something special or out of the ordinary, but really, almost any player would've done the same thing.

Everytime someone on here posted about slater and wolfie, I used to reply with something very similar. But time and old age has worn me down. The mantle has passed to you! Enjoy.

And in that same game DCE tackled slater and while DCE was on the ground, the grub started to get up and then dropped straight down on his face with his forearm. Can't believe he got away with it but mainly because DCE got straight up and didn't make a fuss.

And in that same game DCE tackled slater and while DCE was on the ground, the grub started to get up and then dropped straight down on his face with his forearm. Can't believe he got away with it but mainly because DCE got straight up and didn't make a fuss.
73 minute, elbow straight into Chez's face :mad:

IMG_0275.JPG

I can't take credit for this meme but I like it

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...d/news-story/6c6c5ff5f9c559cdfeeff7ca8dd6a587

SEA Eagles doctor Luke Inman has raised serious concerns as to why officials took no action after Manly’s Cameron Cullen was knocked out during Sunday’s 52-22 loss to St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium.

In Sunday’s game Dr Inman said that Cullen had the ball but there were definitely no arms in the tackle which flattened him and it was a shoulder charge.

He wondered if the response would have been different if it was a more high profile player involved.

I have never seen such a pussy bunch of referees. Cowards all of them. Scared of Rupert, Nein and Toddy. Unable to enforce the rules, unable to discipline players on the field for fear of affecting the TV product - They're affecting it anyway. At times unable to even give a penalty. They should all be read the rules re on field bad conduct by players.
the 5 min bin should be introduced and used. esp for professional fouls near the goal line.
Use of the 10 min bin should re-commence. (cause its barely used presently)
Players guilty of deliberate violent illegal play, - cheap shots - (head highs, chicken wings) should be sent off and 'put on report' only where there is doubt.

Who is watching fox? Blocker saying slater slipped and still high but not intentionally high all others on the show absolutely giving it to him saying it was intentional and needed a send off. Blocker also mentioned a huge deal because its slater but again got shot down. I reckon it was a cheap shot but made a lot lot worse because he slips

Who is watching fox? Blocker saying slater slipped and still high but not intentionally high all others on the show absolutely giving it to him saying it was intentional and needed a send off. Blocker also mentioned a huge deal because its slater but again got shot down. I reckon it was a cheap shot but made a lot lot worse because he slips
blocker is 100% correct and yeah slater is an endangered species always protected by the boys club. He slipped that's it otherwise he hits his shoulder. maybe for the best could of ended his career of he smashed his shoulder

Given Slaters memory loss, I cant see him playing this week. Sounds like a nasty concussion.

They said last night that Smith is now an outside to play. Given the Storm are guaranteed a finals spot now, I cant see him playing.

This game of ours is so pussy nowdays,protected stars,ref whisperers,no shoulder charges except if it on a Manly player,if they do anything to move our team anywhere,i am going to follow soccer,and we all know that is not a sport because anything a 5 year old can do is not sport,including cycling

Last edited:
Smith will apparently have a fitness test on Saturday. If he plays it'll be his 350th NRL game and one thing Melbourne do well is milestone games - especially at home. Probably no bigger milestone game then Scam's 350th so if he plays they will be up for it. Let's hope we can spoil the party

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8