Sitili Tupouniua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll never get the obsession on this forum on moving players out of position

Let move Turbo to centre
Marty to and edge
Tunoupinua to the middle (if signed obvs)
Parker to an edge
Taufua to an edge
Harper to hooker
DCE to hooker
Walker to hooker or Fullback
B Turbo to the wing

No don't get me wrong, at times it has merit (Cust or Foran to hooker) but if the coaches on this Forum had their way the team would look like this

1.Sironen
2.DCE
3 Jake
4.garrick
5.Cust
6 Harper
7.Oluka'atu
8.Foran
9.Tapau
10.Parker
11.Walker
12.Paseka
13.Funa
No problem with Taupau remaining a workhorse prop for the remainder of his career. He's getting older though and if he keeps playing the role he is for us as a prop he will have no spine or shoulders left by 2023. Pretty sure he started as a second-rower at Tigers but eventually in 2016 barrett shifted him to prop so we could get metres from him, starting our reliance. I don't think we need to rely on Taupau for metres anymore, I think we can use him as a weapon now. That's my thought process anyways

Balances the team a little, allows Jake to return to prop (pretty much his natural position), puts our best players in the starting 13. He can be lead more and play him 80 minutes. Offers a big body to protect our halves and centres but is also mobile and has started to run some strong lines which would work well outside of DCE, Schuster and Foran.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem with Taupau remaining a workhorse prop for the remainder of his career. He's getting older though and if he keeps playing the role he is for us as a prop he will have no spine or shoulders left by 2023. Pretty sure he started as a second-rower at Tigers but eventually in 2016 barrett shifted him to prop so we could get metres from him, starting our reliance. I don't think we need to rely on Taupau for metres anymore, I think we can use him as a weapon now. That's my thought process anyways

Balances the team a little, allows Jake to return to prop (pretty much his natural position), puts our best players in the starting 13. He can be lead more and play him 80 minutes. Offers a big body to protect our halves and centres but is also mobile and has started to run some strong lines which would work well outside of DCE, Schuster and Foran.
Jokes aside Taupau was mainly a prop who played 2ndrow.

I dont think he has the speed, lateral movement, hole running, hands or decision making on an edge to dominate at backrow.

His power game and offloads are perfectly suited to prop imo

If it was down to just good governance, then why is NRL HQ silent on repeated accusations against the Roosters? Why won't they just Release the aggregate values of third-party agreements for each club? Only then, will all the fans feel more comfortable
I dont believe in flying saucers and conspiracies and only care about results on the field feathered friend

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

Let move Turbo to centre
Marty to and edge
Parker to an edge
Taufua to an edge
Harper to hooker
DCE to hooker
B Turbo to the wing

No don't get me wrong, at times it has merit (Cust or Foran to hooker) but if the coaches on this Forum had their way the team would look like this

1.Sironen
2.DCE
3 Jake
4.garrick
5.Cust
6 Harper
7.Oluka'atu
8.Foran
9.Tapau
10.Parker
11.Walker
12.Paseka
13.Funa
-Turbo plays centre in rep teams
-Marty used to be a backrower
-Tupouniua could easily and probably will play middle
'DCE would make a damn good hooker (although it probably won't happen)
-B Turbo has been training as an outside back
-Walker has filled in at Fullback before.
-Harper used to play in the halves before

Most of those "playing out of position" aren't really crazy ideas.

"Just sayin" ;)

Jokes aside Taupau was mainly a prop who played 2ndrow.

I dont think he has the speed, lateral movement, hole running, hands or decision making on an edge to dominate at backrow.

His power game and offloads are perfectly suited to prop imo
Good points, especially re lateral movement. I think his hole running has been improving a lot this season though. I'd like to at least see it trialled because if he can work an offseason on it and he shows some hope in the areas you mentioned he could add some presence, leadership and fear onto our edges. Just think it would freshen up our side and change Marty's role into one more based off his leadership and strike than his metres and hitups. I feel like we are not getting every aspect of Marty's potential yet.

He'a sure got speed and a good fend!

Last edited by a moderator:

Let move Turbo to centre
Marty to and edge
Parker to an edge
Taufua to an edge
Harper to hooker
DCE to hooker
B Turbo to the wing

1.Sironen
2.DCE
3 Jake
4.garrick
5.Cust
6 Harper
7.Oluka'atu
8.Foran
9.Tapau
10.Parker
11.Walker
12.Paseka
13.Funa

You left out the one obvious and most likely change of position .... Turbo to his rightful natural habitat ... 2nd row !

Would prefer Marty at prop... problem with Jake at prop is that it would put the nail in the coffin of his passing game - which has been so effective prior to halfway through this season or before the rule change, could argue either way.

Schuster getting some minutes at 13 would be good tho. Looking at Penrith they’re a pretty mobile team, JFH was a 13, YEO was a 2row, leniu off the bench is extremely quick.

Schuster at 13 for 20 minutes would let foran into the game more (hoping he’s off the bench)

-Turbo plays centre in rep teams
-Marty used to be a backrower
-Tupouniua could easily and probably will play middle
'DCE would make a damn good hooker (although it probably won't happen)
-B Turbo has been training as an outside back
-Walker has filled in at Fullback before.
-Harper used to play in the halves before

Most of those "playing out of position" aren't really crazy ideas.

"Just sayin" ;)
Agree. Being able to play out of position could be a little bit important.
**** happens. During a game. During a season. It's irrelevant. How you adapt and the mind set you take into conquer ing those challenges, now that is important. Training out of position was a big part of MANS 2019 preseason. I recall Jorge spent time at centre for example. He's never played there in a game, and possibly for good reason;-). There is lessons learnt and not all of which will be by the players.

I'd let Walker go to get him. Funa and Suli as centres with Parker, Harper and Burbo as depth. Go buy Robert Jennings at half Walkers money. He has scored 33 tries in 62 games and is a real strong carrier of the ball and quality finisher.
Yes we’ve got to start thinking out of the box , wonder if our recruitment team read Silvertails??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4