• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
for a few hours this morning.

what was I to do?

just so ya know unkie dan.

edit: meaning both chrome and firefox couldn't 'find' the site.

@[Daniel]

@[globaleagle]
Hmm what time was that mate, and what was the error?

I was on the site at about 5:30 this morning and all was fine from my end.

Dan

Daniel said:
@[globaleagle]
Hmm what time was that mate, and what was the error?

I was on the site at about 5:30 this morning and all was fine from my end.

Dan

You know, with all this technology, I should really remember to record little things like details!!

*thinks*

I remember it being 6 - something am your time.

I tried quite a few times over about 30mins.

Other sites google news, etc worked fine for me here.

I guess I noticed it was working about 10 mins before this first post (7.55am) then - approx.

@[Daniel]

hmm odd. I will check the logs later and see if I can find a cause.
Thanks for the heads up

@[globaleagle] you are correct there was continued downtime across Monday the 10th US time, i.e when you replied to this, that made them breach their 99.9% uptime policy and we have been compensated for it.

Daniel said:
@[globaleagle] you are correct there was continued downtime across Monday the 10th US time, i.e when you replied to this, that made them breach their 99.9% uptime policy and we have been compensated for it.

I donate all the $$$ you were about to share with me back to you and this site!

;):angel:

Sounds like you host with go daddy.

@[Daniel]

Correct. We have a VDS with Go daddy. We were hosting directly in Australia but they just can't compete. We needed more RAM particularly with the old site, so I headed to GoDaddy VDS from a local VPS and now have dedicated 2GB RAM.

The trade off was a Sydney server vs a Server in Hong Kong or Singapore, but ping times weren't too bad so decided it was worth it.

GoDaddy have actually been really good in what they offer and the assistance they have provided, plus extra benefits for the length of time we have been with them.

I ran a few more tuning options on our advertising JS yesterday and hope that it has made page loads slightly faster.

Just letting you know that I was unable to access the site from about 11pm last night the 15th up until about 7pm tonight.

I tried to access it a number of times through Google and Firefox with no luck....!

Cheers,
Eagleheart.

Thanks mate I'll take a look at the logs

Hiya Dan,

Site was 'down' this morning ...or at about 6.18pm your time (well paris time anyway if that equates.) It's happened a few times recently but this morning was the only time I decided to keep the details (sorry). Checked that 'is it down for everyone' site and it confirmed s'tails was down for all.

fyi

aveagoodday

Hiya Dan,

Site was 'down' this morning ...or at about 6.18pm your time (well paris time anyway if that equates.) It's happened a few times recently but this morning was the only time I decided to keep the details (sorry). Checked that 'is it down for everyone' site and it confirmed s'tails was down for all.

fyi

aveagoodday
Yes we had a runaway process that shouldnt have been there, it was actually a server install process that I needed to complete. No idea why it stuck, so I rebooted the server which brought it all back online and killed the process. Shouldn't happen again now

@Dan

Hi mate,

last 3 mornings my time (maybe 4) the site has been down.

I think that's about 5.30pm your time.

dunno if it's anything drastic.

Have a great err...night!

I can't open ST on my desktop - fatal error on Line 119 (?!)
However it's working on this iPad

@Dan

Hi mate,

last 3 mornings my time (maybe 4) the site has been down.

I think that's about 5.30pm your time.

dunno if it's anything drastic.

Have a great err...night!
Thats the time I take backups. The job basically kills the site for about 20 minutes

Fatal error:include():cannot redeclare class silvertails_pickemimporter_listener_loadclasscontrollerfegame in /home/silvert/public_html/library/Xenforo/Autoloader.php on line 119

Working now!
Yup I am building out some updates to the tipping comp that are causing me to rewrite plugins so I dont have to mess about with the core code. But having issues between the test environment and when I bring it over to the live site.

Anyway all good now

You would have found it funny watching me try to copy the error the error message send it to the ipad then copy it to a post, in the end I gave up and typed it in directly!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4