Sirro / lane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The problem isn't with these players necessarily, our second row is being coached to stay out wide and not get too involved in the tough work out of our own end, rather to wait for the ball to come to them on the edges.

I think Siro and Thompson are both good enough to team with Jake and form a strong second row. Lane is developing into a respectable bench forward that doesn't lose us too much when he comes on - but he's not a starting level second rower or prop (at least yet).

I think that if we encouraged the second rowers to have more involvement in the hard carries OR to take responsibility for putting hits on/defensive line speed then these players are up to it. We need to address the issue of AFB and Marty both starting as well, they're impact props and the central focus of our attack - they shouldn't both be exposed to defensive fatigue during poor periods (especially at the start of the game). A hard working toiler to assist these guys would be best (Tolman, Kite type).

We miss some one who is a nutter & by that I mean takes it to the line in attack and defense like a crazy .... we miss Kelepi Tanginoa and if the rumour that we are after Hipgrove is correct then bring it on ... I have been absent for a few days but was there any discussion about Suli being dropped for not showing up at training?!

We miss some one who is a nutter & by that I mean takes it to the line in attack and defense like a crazy .... we miss Kelepi Tanginoa and if the rumour that we are after Hipgrove is correct then bring it on ... I have been absent for a few days but was there any discussion about Suli being dropped for not showing up at training?!
Hoping Tanginoa gets an extension on what should be a minimum base contract. Hipgrave would be a good signing, I like his mongrel

Mongrel is another word for pee pee @sean john

Fact is, we need four forwards on the bench and with Siro injured we have a relatively weak bench. And no depth.

A fit ball playing line runner like Siro is a good thing and we simply can’t play in the comp with Thompson/Lane and no backup. Siro/Lane/Thompson plus Tangles and Siply is starting to look good. I say we keep what we have (but holy fk it ain’t Gos sorry but he isn’t very good).

Not saying that I totally agree with it but I can see why mate. He has spent more time injured than playing for the last 3 seasons, AND it effectively more than doubles what he costs per game.
I understand 40 yrs......he injured his pec & then his knee playing for us & both are unfortunately long term injuries, however the time he has been on the field he's been pretty good & when in form great! We have many players that have been injured a lot more than Siro yet no one mentions getting rid of them......example Taufua is injured often, Tom T has suspect ankle & has been injured quite a few times, Stewart had bad knees & hamstrings yet no one called for their early releases! I'd be letting players like Brown, Winterstein, Hastings, Croker, J Wright, Hodkinson go before even considering Siro!! .

Mongrel is another word for pee pee @sean john

Fact is, we need four forwards on the bench and with Siro injured we have a relatively weak bench. And no depth.

A fit ball playing line runner like Siro is a good thing and we simply can’t play in the comp with Thompson/Lane and no backup. Siro/Lane/Thompson plus Tangles and Siply is starting to look good. I say we keep what we have (but holy fk it ain’t Gos sorry but he isn’t very good).
Hipgrave is a middle forward. So I wouldn't mind some pee pee on the field. Sironen is very injury prone. But is probably the best we can do at the moment in terms of a backrower to pair with Thompson. I wouldn't be so eager to extend him for the reported three years just yet. I think lane Is doing well thus far this year, besides the few defense errors he has made. Still young as well

So you want us to spend another $10m to have someone hold DCE's hand..??
He didn't say anything about another $10 million player - slight exaggeration. What are the alternatives? DCE isn't going anywhere with the contract he is on and he can't organise sufficiently (and never will no matter how much we want him to) - we need an organiser, that much is clear.

We would love to be able to jag the next Nathan Cleary; however, nobody knows who that is going to be, so we need to spend some decent coin on a half that will complement DCE. I am not sure who that is, maybe Corey Norman; however, if he is too far gone with the off field stuff then it's back to the drawing board.

We need to make some changes and it is about priorities. The coach seems to be the biggest one though.

Hipgrave is a middle forward. So I wouldn't mind some pee pee on the field. Sironen is very injury prone. But is probably the best we can do at the moment in terms of a backrower to pair with Thompson. I wouldn't be so eager to extend him for the reported three years just yet. I think lane Is doing well thus far this year, besides the few defense errors he has made. Still young as well
I think Lane showed he is best in the middle. It would seem that Barrett agrees and has put him back there from the bench.

He didn't say anything about another $10 million player - slight exaggeration. What are the alternatives? DCE isn't going anywhere with the contract he is on and he can't organise sufficiently (and never will no matter how much we want him to) - we need an organiser, that much is clear.

We would love to be able to jag the next Nathan Cleary; however, nobody knows who that is going to be, so we need to spend some decent coin on a half that will complement DCE. I am not sure who that is, maybe Corey Norman; however, if he is too far gone with the off field stuff then it's back to the drawing board.

We need to make some changes and it is about priorities. The coach seems to be the biggest one though.

HELLO..!!! he said HIGHLY paid..!!!!!

I think Lane showed he is best in the middle. It would seem that Barrett agrees and has put him back there from the bench.
I said the same in the pre-game thread but Winterstein doesn't make too many errors in defence and can hold his edge quite well. Lane does have the tendency to make one or two crucial defensive errors a game but has a solid technique otherwise. I'd rate his technique third best in our pack after Jurbo and Api. In the middle he doesn't have to make the tough decisions in defence so he can just tackle all day and run hard which he does really well.

Needs v wants. Im not saying sirro isnt important but with cherry needing someone highly paid to do his job next to him , can we support 4 established backrowers in the squad. Not want , afford.

To keep sirro, and upgrade lane which we should , we should we have to spend less elswhere, possibly needing to offload walker or tapau.

Remember we are going nowhere without spending on the halves. It would be great to keep sirro, its not about his ability but in unearthing lane i think we could . And i think id prefer lane than sirro anyway.

You cant keep em all and if sirros contract hasnt been eyeballed and had the intoddgrity unit finalise it it may help 2018

Its just a discussion

See your point .... but if Lane is being groomed for a permanent switch to prop .... how does that impact on your discussion?

See your point .... but if Lane is being groomed for a permanent switch to prop .... how does that impact on your discussion?
With Lane groomed as a prop, we'd start getting a little light on genuine backrowers. Sirro, Thommo, Winterstein and Gosiewski end up being our only options in the top 30 with only Sirro and Thommo being on decent coin. I think we'd be well placed to start looking to bring up someone from the reserves like Tom Amone. At prop, we should be alright with AFB, Taupau, Tanginoa, Lane, Paseka, Sipley and Perrett.

It's our depth in the backline that isthe biggest worry. We were found out this year with injuries throughout the back 5 and at 6.

A lot mate. If his future is in the prop rotation primarily then my point is well pointless id say. Id love to see him out with the centres though, his reach and ability to offload once through the line could be very damaging if the centres ever catch on

And once we get a few of those going he would make teams worry a lot

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7