Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fair enough Bear.
I would say that off field can affect the on field. Players need to not be thinking about what's going on at home or indeed in the courts. I read a bit on sports psychology and the modern way is to have off field sorted and then focus on the task at hand.

I accept that. I was more looking at the response of the audience rather than the player. If his off field behaviour affects his on field performance negatively, certainly that is an issue, as I kind of alluded to in my previous comments. I was more concerned with how we perceive and appreciate what he produces on the field, which is separate from what he does elsewhere.

Its a bit like the issue relating to Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise and even Rolf Harris or for that matter Vincent Van Gogh. You can admire their work impartially for what it is. Their personal foolish and at times criminal behaviour does not diminish the value of work they produce, even though their personal life may be in some ways reflected in their art. We can hate the action, but people are more than just specific negative elements of their life. Some quite vicious gang land people I knew were kind and considerate to their family. Some people considered saints in the community, were horrors in the home. You never really know the full complexity of an individual and why they are what they are.

If you watch the replay of the try the fullback scored that people are saying Parker got burnt for pace ... you will see that Parker had to stay close inside because his man Talakai was running inclose straight at him causing him to commit, whilst Kennedy timed his run perfectly to the outside to make the extra man, with the winger staying out it was then simply a case of a fast fullback at full pace against a stationary defender ... would have been a no contest against any centre, and to Parker's credit he nearly got a hand to him .... It was a beautifully constructed and executed try ... but the haters will hate
It's only my opinion Woodsie but I think it's Parker's job is to trust Foran there and not bite in. Although, the old 'defend inside shoulder' means Foran should have trusted Schuster (Josh turned his shoulders in too). So it's all residual and not totally Brad's fault. I'm basing this off how other team's use their halves to defend edges.

It also happened 25m out, which means most quicker centres would have had the time to adjust and make the tackle.

In saying that, I am not a hater of Parker and think that he is good enough to remain in the side. Most of the year he has been one of the very best defensive centres and runs terrific lines. Sometimes fast players beat slower players in the game; it happens every week. It doesn't mean the player is not up to it or should be dropped. Even on a bad night, Parker looks more reliable in D than Walker.

It's only my opinion Woodsie but I think it's Parker's job is to trust Foran there and not bite in. Although, the old 'defend inside shoulder' means Foran should have trusted Schuster (Josh turned his shoulders in too). So it's all residual and not totally Brad's fault. I'm basing this off how other team's use their halves to defend edges.

It also happened 25m out, which means most quicker centres would have had the time to adjust and make the tackle.

In saying that, I am not a hater of Parker and think that he is good enough to remain in the side. Most of the year he has been one of the very best defensive centres and runs terrific lines. Sometimes fast players beat slower players in the game; it happens every week. It doesn't mean the player is not up to it or should be dropped. Even on a bad night, Parker looks more reliable in D than Walker.
Obviously there is only one person qualified to settle this issue....
Over to you Technical Coach.

I’ve played on the outside of players like Sirro! It’s not fun!

just sayin’
He wasn't playing an edge forwards role - he was playing a middle forwards role. All Des asked him to do was take some hit ups - nothing else was required. He is still finding his feet and was certainly out of sorts in getting his tinming off the play the ball right etc. I still don't believe he is in our best 17 but call him out for not doing what he is supposed to - not for doing exactly as he was supposed to. Take a hit up - play the ball - pretty simple and that is what he did.

I’ve played on the outside of players like Sirro! It’s not fun!

just sayin’

Re-watched the game and saw one run where he drifted right, saw Haumole charging on his outside... 'cut back in'... had at least 5 backs to his left, but slowly tried to run around a tired sharks prop and took the tackle. Did my head in.

Ah well, onward and upward, gotta be ****ty to get better..

Re-watched the game and saw one run where he drifted right, saw Haumole charging on his outside... 'cut back in'... had at least 5 backs to his left, but slowly tried to run around a tired sharks prop and took the tackle. Did my head in.

Ah well, onward and upward, gotta be ****ty to get better..
I thought Des bought them all iPads so they could study videos and their plays?

someone is not doing their homework !

just sayin’

He wasn't playing an edge forwards role - he was playing a middle forwards role. All Des asked him to do was take some hit ups - nothing else was required. He is still finding his feet and was certainly out of sorts in getting his tinming off the play the ball right etc. I still don't believe he is in our best 17 but call him out for not doing what he is supposed to - not for doing exactly as he was supposed to. Take a hit up - play the ball - pretty simple and that is what he did.
I wouldn't call those runs hit ups, still crabbing back inside, a waste of a play. Hence not taking up a spot in the 17 this week

We see it slightly differently ... but as you say Parker is amongst one of the best defensive centres in the game ... and given that nearly 90% of all tries are scored by a winger, centre or fullback out wide, the fact that we are even discussing one involving Bradley, it's revealing on it's own.

I wouldn't call those runs hit ups, still crabbing back inside, a waste of a play. Hence not taking up a spot in the 17 this week
He was just doing his job. Surely you understand that Des/game plan requires players to get to a particular spot on the field - especially the middle forwards. Your comment about him coming back inside might well be that he was getting to that spot. That is how game plans work - do your job - get to your spot and then let the play makers play. I have no idea if he was getting to his spot or not but knowing Des if he wasn't - he will know all about it. He will get more game time I guess after the Eels game. I agree he was rusty as hell. His performance last week has nothing to do with him not being in this week's side. He would never be in this week's team or next week's given he isn't in our best 17 at the moment and he needs much more game time to be considered to be in the top 17. I will say again... do I think he is in our best 17 at the moment or maybe at semi time - no. But I also know at his best he is a bloody good player. Is he that player still.... I don't know until he gets more game time. I have doubts but gee people need to get off his case.

I've noticed in Instagram comments that the nickname team mates use for Sironen is 'Sizzler' (probably referring to his omnivore diet).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4