Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He beat a tired second rower and there was no FB covering.

That's an assumption. What I saw was he flew past the player. Would he be any less tired than the full back. You aren't just trying to find fault in the player to justify a dislike are you? Emotional reactions always colour perspective, even though they may be subliminal. Very human to pay extra attention to something you like or dislike to find something to fault or praise to justify an attitude about them. I notice this with a number of people on these sites.

That's an assumption. What I saw was he flew past the player. Would he be any less tired than the full back. You aren't just trying to find fault in the player to justify a dislike are you? Emotional reactions always colour perspective, even though they may be subliminal. Very human to pay extra attention to something you like or dislike to find something to fault or praise to justify an attitude about them. I notice this with a number of people on these sites.
No, I've given him a few wraps this year when deserved But he has let in more trys than he has scored this year. ( Used to be able to see try causes as a defensive stat but can't find it now, probably too many with the big scores lol)
I remember people on here wetting themselves when he scored that try but it wasn't any quick player he beat.
I actually suggested last year that 14 might be his best position, well before the idea took off.

All that stuff people write about drinking too much is rubbish and done by wowsers.
I don't drink much any way and if I did, its my business anyway

Walker has "caused" 8 trys in last 12 games. One every 1.5 games
Parker one every 1.9 games.
Harper just six all year!

Sirro Pros:
  • Experience, Fwd Leader
  • Perspective: Long time in Manly System under multiple coaches/coaching staff
  • Ex-5/8th with Ball-playing capability
  • Aged 28, Big Unit, Fwds are late-bloomers; 28 is arguably close to peak-powers
  • Versatile potential between 2nd-row and Prop

Sirro Cons:
  • Injury Prone, Limited to 62 games over 5 seasons for MWSE
  • Has lost some mobility off the back of injuries
  • Undeniably superior alternative options for 2nd row currently exist (Guac/Schuster/Lawton)
  • Undeniably superior alternative options for Prop currently exist (Marty/Keppie/Tent/Aloiai)
  • Purported Salary bloat when compared to current better options
  • Play-stifling instincts (default cutting back in against the grain, starving outside backs - seems the only remaining play in his repertoire)

Conclusion:
  • It becomes a Loyalty vs Utility question. Is it worth investing in a player like Sirro when there are better-performing options in the modern game?
  • If he is willing to remain at a value that allows the team to thrive and retain their future core, then maybe. If Sirro insists that the existing salary outlay needs to be retained then the team is entitled to expect a payoff for that salary cap percentage (we aren't the Rooters after all..)
  • If retaining Sirro means losing younger talent that potentially has filled in during his absence, and out-performed him in that time in the modern game, then the team loses out for a perception of loyalty - this weakens the club.
  • Overall, it only makes sense to retain Sirro at a reduced price - else let him go and earn what he feels he is worth at a club that might benefit from him being a starting/top-17 option, because at a fully-fit Manly, he no longer is. Might sound heartless, but unfortunately the game is a business. Its nothing personal.

Sirro Pros:
  • Experience, Fwd Leader
  • Aged 28, Big Unit, Fwds are late-bloomers; 28 is arguably close to peak-powers

Sirro Cons:
  • Undeniably superior alternative options for 2nd row currently exist (Guac/Schuster/Lawton)
  • Undeniably superior alternative options for Prop currently exist (Marty/Keppie/Tent/Aloiai)
  • Play-stifling instincts (default cutting back in against the grain, starving outside backs - seems the only remaining play in his repertoire)

Conclusion:
  • It becomes a Loyalty vs Utility question. Is it worth investing in a player like Sirro when there are better-performing options in the modern game?
  • If he is willing to remain at a value that allows the team to thrive and retain their future core, then maybe. If Sirro insists that the existing salary outlay needs to be retained then the team is entitled to expect a payoff for that salary cap percentage (we aren't the Rooters after all..)
  • If retaining Sirro means losing younger talent that potentially has filled in during his absence, and out-performed him in that time in the modern game, then the team loses out for a perception of loyalty - this weakens the club.
  • Overall, it only makes sense to retain Sirro at a reduced price - else let him go and earn what he feels he is worth at a club that might benefit from him being a starting/top-17 option, because at a fully-fit Manly, he no longer is. Might sound heartless, but unfortunately the game is a business. Its nothing personal.
Conclusion.... sold!!!

Walker has "caused" 8 trys in last 12 games. One every 1.5 games
Parker one every 1.9 games.
Harper just six all year!
Where did you get those numbers? That's so bad if true given he doesn't play as much minutes each week. Harper what a player! May he never cut his hair

Sirro Pros:
  • Experience, Fwd Leader

Sirro Cons:

Conclusion:
Couldn't have said it better myself. @:cool:
J/K Extremely well argued mate. 🙌

No, I've given him a few wraps this year when deserved But he has let in more trys than he has scored this year. ( Used to be able to see try causes as a defensive stat but can't find it now, probably too many with the big scores lol)
I remember people on here wetting themselves when he scored that try but it wasn't any quick player he beat.
I actually suggested last year that 14 might be his best position, well before the idea took off.
I remember you saying this and I was saying the same about Harper being able to play our utility role (before he locked up centre) Not many were on our side back then.

Fair enough MF76. I was merely responding and I guess conjecturing over what I read from some on these and other sites to something I had to discuss with people in anger management groups I used to run. I sense that many have an emotional negativity about Walker because of his personal behaviour off field (and sometimes on field) and this colours how they view his performances by subliminally looking for reasons to reinforce that negativity. Its a normal human response but its not seeing the player's performance impartially. It was about reacting to an emotion.

Excuse my bantering but its something ingrained in me and which I have had to learn for myself. Justice, respect and impartial examination of information. Its probably reflected in a lot of my comments. In your particular response perhaps I was responding emotionally rather than examining your overall perspectives more fully, because I view a lot of the negativity towards Walker, generalised and seemingly relating to a feeling of dislike about the player. Logically he is there to play a game and entertain us on the field, a gladiator of sorts. His personal life is irrelevant to how we should enjoy the game.

Parker is definitely not quick but his lack of speed has not really been a factor in defence until last night.

If you watch the replay of the try the fullback scored that people are saying Parker got burnt for pace ... you will see that Parker had to stay close inside because his man Talakai was running inclose straight at him causing him to commit, whilst Kennedy timed his run perfectly to the outside to make the extra man, with the winger staying out it was then simply a case of a fast fullback at full pace against a stationary defender ... would have been a no contest against any centre, and to Parker's credit he nearly got a hand to him .... It was a beautifully constructed and executed try ... but the haters will hate

Fair enough MF76. I was merely responding and I guess conjecturing over what I read from some on these and other sites to something I had to discuss with people in anger management groups I used to run. I sense that many have an emotional negativity about Walker because of his personal behaviour off field (and sometimes on field) and this colours how they view his performances by subliminally looking for reasons to reinforce that negativity. Its a normal human response but its not seeing the player's performance impartially. It was about reacting to an emotion.

Excuse my bantering but its something ingrained in me and which I have had to learn for myself. Justice, respect and impartial examination of information. Its probably reflected in a lot of my comments. In your particular response perhaps I was responding emotionally rather than examining your overall perspectives more fully, because I view a lot of the negativity towards Walker, generalised and seemingly relating to a feeling of dislike about the player. Logically he is there to play a game and entertain us on the field, a gladiator of sorts. His personal life is irrelevant to how we should enjoy the game.
Fair enough Bear.
I would say that off field can affect the on field. Players need to not be thinking about what's going on at home or indeed in the courts. I read a bit on sports psychology and the modern way is to have off field sorted and then focus on the task at hand.

On the other hand don't they also say not to overthink, or play the game in your head in advance, etc.
So I think having some domestic dramas or the odd criminal prosecution to deal with could work in your favour, to take your mind off the footy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8