• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyvb88

Reserve Grader
Anyone else hear about the rumour that sironen was done for high range drink driving? I hope it’s not true

Anyone else hear about the rumour that sironen was done for high range drink driving? I hope it’s not true

Only saw it on a dodgy FB page. I believe he was off the booze during the season, doubt he’d be that silly, but a strange post to pop up on FB none the less.

Sadly sounds like some significant culture issues at our club remain.

I will say the Thommo's incident was just so disappointing a couple of months back. Rightly or wrongly I am holding him up on a pedestal higher then every one else. He is that elder statesman of our pack. He carriers the responsibility of leading by example. His off field behaviour let himself down. He let his family down. And the wider Manly family down as well.

It may well be one isolated incident. Or further suggest a systemic problem which still hasn't been tidied up yet as well.

If this Siro thing is true, I'm declaring it the later.

manly has always had a drinking culture, as does mainstream australia, id prefer them on the grog than other substances like the rest of the sydney and and a couple of clubs also located on beaches

I fit were true, it would be ALL OVER mainstream media... and I’ve heard and seen nothing at all...

I saw Siro at Lennox Hotel Christmas Eve during the day. Hope it wasn’t that day if any truth to the rumour. He was sober and super polite . He said he wished he had moved to Dee Why already

Whether or not your club has a systemic drinking/drugs problem depends on how well your club can control what gets out in the media. At their core though they all have equally bad problems because the sad fact is most players are idiots...
Most players are NOT idiots. It’s the minority that cause the issues at hand. To paint all players with the same brush is silly. I can’t believe that someone posts a rumour that may or may not have any fact & everyone starts accusing teams & players of having systematic drinking or drug problems. Like all supporters are angels.....obviously nothing else to talk about!

If it were true I suspect that by now Greenberg would’ve suspended him for the season, fined Manly $100k and deducted 10 competition points from us.

Most players are NOT idiots. It’s the minority that cause the issues at hand. To paint all players with the same brush is silly. I can’t believe that someone posts a rumour that may or may not have any fact & everyone starts accusing teams & players of having systematic drinking or drug problems. Like all supporters are angels.....obviously nothing else to talk about!
Most is an exaggeration but it's a portion greater than the minority. The minority are the ones getting caught doing dumb ****. Another minority are the Tom Turbos out getting double degrees while playing but that's another less interesting story...

4 days later and not a single link to any news report about this, so at this stage it remains unsubstantiated gossip and not fair at all to publish as you have done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7