• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** this guy was good. Why was Boyle ever considered over him?
He did make a gig difference with our go forward. My only concern and I have seen it two or three times now is his lack of lateral movement in defence - especially at marker - he is slow and a bit lazy/unfit and I think the Panthers scored on a short side when he didn't work from marker and last night he got caught out and they scored. He might have also been the reason (can't recall but think he was) when DCE was late on his man and Harper had to come in... I think DCE thought Sipley needed help and came in resulting in DCE being too late on his man. I could be wrong but think it was Sipley.

He did make a gig difference with our go forward. My only concern and I have seen it two or three times now is his lack of lateral movement in defence - especially at marker - he is slow and a bit lazy/unfit and I think the Panthers scored on a short side when he didn't work from marker and last night he got caught out and they scored. He might have also been the reason (can't recall but think he was) when DCE was late on his man and Harper had to come in... I think DCE thought Sipley needed help and came in resulting in DCE being too late on his man. I could be wrong but think it was Sipley.
He definitely gassed in the 2nd half and about 3 mins before the warriors scooted past him for a try I said to my Mrs Sipley is gassed, get him off! Hasn't had many games in the past 2 seasons so will only get better but Des needs to keep him fresh and he is an important part of our side this year. He massively changed momentum when he came on

World mysteries:

How bumblebees fly when their wings are too tiny for their bodies,
Why the whole world wont realise aussies don't drink fosters, and
Why Tof doesn't get selected every week.
Every time he's got a run in our side he looks good with strong carries, but I have no real doubt that his sideways mobility and maybe overall stamina are the things that have led to others getting selected ahead of him. Hardly a shock, he is a huge body and also had a serious injury and no game time last year.
We've now run out of troops so he should get an extended run in firsts. If he is capable of getting NRL match fit, ie stepping up in defence and stamina, then he will be a gun for us in a month or two.

I like sipley and he went great guns. Last night the forwards had that backs to the wall seige mentality. Sipley always seems to play against the warriors and has reserved his best games for them also.

While he has always impressed me he had something last night he hasnt shown before. He really wound up. Id suggest if he played like that more often he would have more appearances. He is never bad, just not usually that good. Better than boyle

He definitely gassed in the 2nd half and about 3 mins before the warriors scooted past him for a try I said to my Mrs Sipley is gassed, get him off! Hasn't had many games in the past 2 seasons so will only get better but Des needs to keep him fresh and he is an important part of our side this year. He massively changed momentum when he came on
spot on and great analysis

He definitely gassed in the 2nd half and about 3 mins before the warriors scooted past him for a try I said to my Mrs Sipley is gassed, get him off!
I'm pretty sure it was Keppie who missed the tackle on O'Sullivan. He was side-stepped and looked cumbersome. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of progress by Keppie who was playing stronger when he came into first grade two seasons ago.

I'm pretty sure it was Keppie who missed the tackle on O'Sullivan. He was side-stepped and looked cumbersome. I'm a little disappointed with the lack of progress by Keppie who was playing stronger when he came into first grade two seasons ago.
You might be right that it was Keppie. Keppie is not that laterally agile but he does a power of work and carries the ball strong. But he has his limitations.

Last edited:
Don’t want sound contrary because he did bring some starch with the ball but he looks overweight and he was the prop that failed to push across and fill the whole when Sullivan went through. Keppie’s attempt wasn’t great but he should be able to show a runner his inside shoulder there and expect some support to come from his inside.

but I have no real doubt that his sideways mobility and maybe overall stamina are the things that have led to others getting selected ahead of him. Hardly a shock, he is a huge body and also had a serious injury and no game time last year.
We've now run out of troops so he should get an extended run in firsts. If he is capable of getting NRL match fit, ie stepping up in defence and stamina, then he will be a gun for us in a month or two.
Exactly this. His lateral movements in defence and fitness have always been my concerns with him. However, he appears to be a tremendous team guy on the field and in the sheds and leaves nothing out on the field. I look forward to his progression.

I agree, it was as much Sipley’s fault as Keppie. You just have to push across there in 1st grade.

Don’t want sound contrary because he did bring some starch with the ball but he looks overweight and he was the prop that failed to push across and fill the whole when Sullivan went through. Keppie’s attempt wasn’t great but he should be able to show a runner his inside shoulder there and expect some support to come from his inside.
People don't see the cause of the missed tackle, they only see the "actual" missed tackle. Sipley was gassed and he was probably more to blame but apart from that Sipley was awesome. Definitely needs to work on fitness but he hasn't had much game time for 1.5 years so that'll come back soon. I enjoyed his impact off the bench

Ohhh to just have a Mrs that u can say, "Sipley is gassed" and she's actually sitting beside u mildy interested in what's going on...... #Melts

I agree, it was as much Sipley’s fault as Keppie. You just have to push across there in 1st grade.
But don't forget that he didn't play a game last year and have only played NSW cup this year

The game in NRL is a much higher speed than NSW cup and it takes quite a few games to get up to to speed of NRL

I remember AFB looked pretty big and slow in his first few FG games as well He has improved ever so slightly since those days

Give Sipley more game time and he will adjust to the speed and get fitter

Offers alot more than captain plodder Boyle. Not sure where he feature next week, cust be back in 17 and Hamole to starting and row.

I recall mentioning a time in 2019 In another thread when I had the chance to speak with Toff in the sheds

it was after a game we won against the raiders at brooky

DCE left the field with an ankle injury by memory and Toff started fir an injured AFB

He played very strong and helped secure the win

when talking to him he thanked us for watching him play and spoke of his desire to not let down AFB who he replaced and hoped the fans saw how hard he tried

he has been a winner for me ever since and not sure why he has not played more but has more upside than down side

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4