Sione Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Didn "t Sione Fainu have a brief stint at hooker in the 2021 trial match and acquitted himself reasonably well from some reports . Must have a bit of mobility and agility about him according to some other reports but not sure how relevant they were [ but maybe not actual size also ]. Anyway , maybe things can still work out with Manase eventually being a valuable player for Manly again , Latu very likely an excellent player in the making and Sione contributing something even if it is of a lesser scale

Wow So Delius in the 30 as well? And our 30s done. Hmm

We certainly have a lot of players whose best position is most likely lock.

Has anyone noticed that we have ten props in our top squad? I bet Alex Baldwin wished he had at least one.
There's Tuitavake, Bully, Al, DeLuxe, Kapow, Lance, Keppie, Sione, Tent and Sippers.... In keeping with the Baldwin reference, don't you think 10 is over-kill?

Has anyone noticed that we have ten props in our top squad? I bet Alex Baldwin wished he had at least one.
There's Tuitavake, Bully, Al, DeLuxe, Kapow, Lance, Keppie, Sione, Tent and Sippers.... In keeping with the Baldwin reference, don't you ...think 10 is over-kill?
I see 2 things with this....
Firstly The depth is great, as could fill in during regular season with any of them players and get it done and the addition of Bullemore is an exciting 1....
Secondly Still not convinced there is that tough, motivational leader amongst them for the crunch games....but hopeful 1 - 2 could grow into this as some youngsters in that group.

Didn "t Sione Fainu have a brief stint at hooker in the 2021 trial match and acquitted himself reasonably well from some reports . Must have a bit of mobility and agility about him according to some other reports but not sure how relevant they were [ but maybe not actual size also ]. Anyway , maybe things can still work out with Manase eventually being a valuable player for Manly again , Latu very likely an excellent player in the making and Sione contributing something even if it is of a lesser scale
Yes, he did play hooker and he threw about three forward passes from Dummy Half all of which he was 'pinged' for however, apart from that showed some pretty good skills and he's no slouch either.

If it's a new contract of Manase, wouldn't we need to leave a spot open for him, so it's as good as another spot filled?
Clubs can apply to replace a player who is subject to the no-fault stand-down thing. As to how this works in practice, that's anyone's guess.

The thing we are lacking ( in my humble opinion ) is when the going gets tough is a forward leader to group the players together behind the score line and say “ **** this **** , who is going to follow me in winning this game “.

Ben Kennedy was a perfect example , we won plenty of games after being behind after him screaming at his players , then taking the first hit up in the next set , turning around and screaming at them again “ see you lazy pricks that’s how it’s done “.

Inspirational stuff.

Don’t think Bully has been bought for a Props role.
100% agree @Mark from Brisbane I think he has been brought in as a backrower/lock who can also play prop. I would love to see him play Walkers role from last season, and come in after 20 minutes and play 60 minutes as lock, putting Jake into the prop rotation. The combination of Jakes middle defence and the impact that Bullemore will provide off the bench in that role could be potentially more than Walker gave us last season Potentially, that gives us a bench of Lawton, Bullemore, Taupau, and Aloiai, with Paseka, Croker, Keppie, Schuster, Olakatau, and Trbojevic as the starting pack.

100% agree @Mark from Brisbane I think he has been brought in as a backrower/lock who can also play prop. I would love to see him play Walkers role from last season, and come in after 20 minutes and play 60 minutes as lock, putting Jake into the prop rotation. The combination of Jakes middle defence and the impact that Bullemore will provide off the bench in that role could be potentially more than Walker gave us last season Potentially, that gives us a bench of Lawton, Bullemore, Taupau, and Aloiai, with Paseka, Croker, Keppie, Schuster, Olakatau, and Trbojevic as the starting pack.
Swap Walker for Lawton & done! Sorry mate I don’t rate Lawton….nowhere near the impact of Walker.

Swap Walker for Lawton & done! Sorry mate I don’t rate Lawton….nowhere near the impact of Walker.
@madmax I'm assuming that Walker doesn't play for us next season as he is yet to sign a contract. I am basing my squad picks on who is actually contracted for us right now. Clearly Walker has a greater impact on games then Lawton, but Lawton arguably has greater utility value. However, even if Walker does sign how many games will he play for us considering he is an anti-vaxxer?

However, even if Walker does sign how many games will he play for us considering he is an anti-vaxxer?
He might not be an anti-vaxxer at all.
Vaccine hesitancy is a bit different to being anti-vax. A lot of people are initially hesitant but eventually come round. Marty was hesitant about the flu jab last year but eventually decided to get it.

As of five hours ago on 2022 signings tracker: Official rosters for all 16 clubs

Manly Sea Eagles​

Josh Aloiai20222023
Morgan Boyle2022
Ethan Bullemor20222023
Daly Cherry-Evans20222023
Lachlan Croker20222023
Cade Cust2022
Andrew Davey2022
Sione Fainu2022
Kieran Foran2022
Reuben Garrick20222023
Morgan Harper20222023
Sean Keppie202220232024
Tolutau Koula2022
Karl Lawton2022
Haumole Olakau'atu202220232024
Brad Parker20222023
Taniela Paseka202220232024
Jason Saab20222023
Josh Schuster202220232024
Toafofoa Sipley20222023
Jorge Taufua2022
Martin Taupau2022
Ben Trbojevic2022
Jake Trbojevic20222023202420252026
Tom Trbojevic20222023202420252026
Christian Tuipulotu202220232024
Alec Tu'itavake20222023

Development List​

Gordon Chan Kum Tong20222023
Jamie Humphreys20222023
Kaeo Weekes2022

No Walker yet ..........
Still three spots available in main squad (not including Walker), and one in the development list.
Wow we can actually see the end of the DCE contract. Feels weird! Same with Buddy at the Swans.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8