Sione Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing we are lacking ( in my humble opinion ) is when the going gets tough is a forward leader to group the players together behind the score line and say “ ** this ** , who is going to follow me in winning this game “.

Ben Kennedy was a perfect example , we won plenty of games after being behind after him screaming at his players , then taking the first hit up in the next set , turning around and screaming at them again “ see you lazy pricks that’s how it’s done “.

Inspirational stuff.
Do you think there are a lot of those players playing in the NRL now? I tried to think it through and couldn't come up with many. Have those who play the game changed?

Keppie is our man. In finals he keeps being our best in ground.

I have say I think the club should expect more from Jake and Marty here.

They are both our Experienced Middles. Getting paid the big bucks. Yet neither seem to want the ball or hit the opponent with the ball in the big games like our Keppie.

@madmax I'm assuming that Walker doesn't play for us next season as he is yet to sign a contract. I am basing my squad picks on who is actually contracted for us right now. Clearly Walker has a greater impact on games then Lawton, but Lawton arguably has greater utility value. However, even if Walker does sign how many games will he play for us considering he is an anti-vaxxer?
Utility value?? Walker can play Center, 5/8, Lock & FB if desperately required. Lawton Hooker & Backrow….I dunno mate. Let’s see how all this plays out.

I note that Kapow is now listed as a 'Lock' on the MWSE website.
How many 'Locks' are picked in an NRL 17? I thought only one, and Jurbo is ours.

Utility value?? Walker can play Center, 5/8, Lock & FB if desperately required. Lawton Hooker & Backrow….I dunno mate. Let’s see how all this plays out.
Lawton started off for the Titans as a half mate. He has also played a lot at five-eight, before coming through into the NRL. The Warriors bought him to play in the halves, but he also played 4 games at centre. Due to injuries he has adapted his game to play hooker, and now is primarily used as a backrower. He covers quite a few positions in both the backs and the forwards. So yes arguably he has equal or greater utility than Walker. Walker definitely provides greater impact than Lawton, but Lawton is a better defender. Horses for courses mate.

Do you think there are a lot of those players playing in the NRL now? I tried to think it through and couldn't come up with many. Have those who play the game changed?
Yeah

Big Nelson from the Drizzle
Nicholls from the Bunnies
JWH from the Roosters

And that’s without going through each team.

Yeah

Big Nelson from the Drizzle
Nicholls from the Bunnies
JWH from the Roosters

And that’s without going through each team.
Yep. I thought of Nelson and JWH but then struggled. Not that I pay much attention to other teams!

Yep. I thought of Nelson and JWH but then struggled. Not that I pay much attention to other teams!
James Tamou ( although not as fearsome these days but still a great leader ).

Isaiah Yeo from the Panthers is a great leader.

Nearly all of the top sides have a standout forward , Marty should be ours but isn’t !!

The thing we are lacking ( in my humble opinion ) is when the going gets tough is a forward leader to group the players together behind the score line and say “ ** this ** , who is going to follow me in winning this game “.

Ben Kennedy was a perfect example , we won plenty of games after being behind after him screaming at his players , then taking the first hit up in the next set , turning around and screaming at them again “ see you lazy pricks that’s how it’s done “.

Inspirational stuff.
Jake?

He’s try’s , and hard , but doesn’t seem to have the impact ( possibly because of his game time in comparison to the Props Ive mentioned).
agree but he plays too much first receiver to be a forward leader. His efforts are divided by tackling his heart out and giving the team direction around the park and that style of play is suited to meandering rather than ball tearing. defence aside he plays more like a back

agree but he plays too much first receiver to be a forward leader. His efforts are divided by tackling his heart out and giving the team direction around the park and that style of play is suited to meandering rather than ball tearing. defence aside he plays more like a back
Yep the type of forward I’m talking about is the one who screams at his team mates after he’s taken a big hit up and knocked over a player or two turning around to say “ like this you lazy pricks , let’s win this ****ing game “.

That’s not Jake.

Yep the type of forward I’m talking about is the one who screams at his team mates after he’s taken a big hit up and knocked over a player or two turning around to say “ like this you lazy pricks , let’s win this ****ing game “.

That’s not Jake.
no jake is more of the gavin miller style player who was a great captain and ball player from hooker. we waste a forward spot on jake to a point

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6