Simple version - for those struggling to comprehend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Orford is not worth 450K

if we pay that money we will not get a decent cente which we need more.

nah people were missing the point thinking that i would hate to see orford at the club.

I have been sitting on the sideline on the other thread!

However:

Fact 1:
Halfback and Hooker handle the ball more than any other player. You must have topline players in 7 and 9 to be near the best, espcially in the end of season games where the men are quickly sorted from the boys..

Fact 2:
No side has won the comp in the past 10 years (and majority of years) without sensational players in these two positions, and usually 6 as well. Go through the combinations and this is evident.

Fact 3:
A half is usually the player that a side is built around and the type of player he is determines the style adopted by the team. There is one game to get to the semis but the real game starts there again - who will win it.

Fact 4:
Monas is untried and unproven at the highest level. In several big games over the last two years he has gone missing against top opposition. Some in our club question whether he possesses the composure to play well in the pressure of end-of-season games.

Fact 5:
Orford has been selected to represent NSW, City and is considered by all unbiased judges and fans as being in the top echelon of halves in the country.

Fact 6:
If $450 k is what it takes to build a side to win a premiership, so be it!

Conclusion:
Do you want a half that will get your team to the semis each year with a few good and a few poor performances or do you want to win???? Is it worth the extra money to get the very best. (especially as Johns, Gower, Sherwin, Head, Finch and Kimmorley are all contracted by their clubs.)

I think that summarises the discussion that has been waged this morning!

win ....... cw also should note that management obviously thought they could afford it as they front loaded a lot of contracts last year for this very reason,who are we to second guess our financial affairs when we dont know how we stand.

Orford is 2 -2 from finals footy.

This is gamble with very little basis.

He may have been picked but has never played SOO.

Conclusion - this is a very big gamble that will weaken our chances of strengthening the centres - our weakest position.

Please show me a team that won the premiership recently with centers anywhere near as weak as ours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4