Similarities

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Only  a short comment

This year is looking a bit like last year - With some added distractions

Manly will look good for a few rounds then a distractions off court will tamper our season

I agree  with Ryan

9th is best i can see us in 2010

either way I am really excited about seeing what a new halves combination will do for us. Whether we finish first or last this freshness and building for the future to me is exciting and worth the ride

Dan link said:
either way I am really excited about seeing what a new halves combination will do for us. Whether we finish first or last this freshness and building for the future to me is exciting and worth the ride

I agree with you on that point aswell Dan

If Manly looks good for a few rounds then this year will be the opposite of last year.

These distraction have been coming and the club should be prepared - I hope. But 9th at best is still close to where will finish. Other teams are stronger and we gone backwards.

Rambo1987 link said:
These distraction have been coming and the club should be prepared - I hope. But 9th at best is still close to where will finish. Other teams are stronger and we gone backwards.

Rambo said it well, the main distraction was last year, hopefully the fires burning in the belly for a few them.

We DO have a great team on paper. We have great depth as well. The team I would like - that Des won't go for being risk adverse, is:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Farrar
15. Josh Perry
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

The pushing for a spot in 1st grade:-

18. Terrence Seu Seu
19. Chris Bailey
20. Tony Williams
21. Matt Cross
22. Darcy Lussick
23. Daly Cherry-Evans
24. Jamie Buhrer
25. Vic Mauro

I think a lot of 2010 hinges on Kite, he was pretty quiet last year after the death of his father. If he and Perry get a bit of mongrel back in their game we will be competitive up front and then the skies the limit.

Absolutely, you can do so much when the big 4 props are firing for 80 mins every game.  That will be the foundation for them this year - Go forward and give everyone else room!

It is hard to predict how we will go as our halves combination is untested and not established. A lot will depend on how they develop as these are key positions.

I don't think the Stewart court case will be big as a distraction as the club knows what we are dealing with up until the 22nd March. Anything after that is unknown.

What worries me more is that we play all away games in the first month. Four losses would knock the confidence of the younger players and put us up against it early.

I hope our defence is more like the 2008 variety rather than the leaky fence that we saw at times last year, especially on our own line.

Canteen Worker link said:
I hope our defence is more like the 2008 variety rather than the leaky fence that we saw at times last year, especially on our own line.

Really? I'm hoping to concede 30 points a game min.

Ryan link said:
We DO have a great team on paper. We have great depth as well. The team I would like - that Des won't go for being risk adverse, is:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. George Rose
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Ben Farrar
15. Josh Perry
16. Brent Kite
17. Joe Galuvao

The pushing for a spot in 1st grade:-

18. Terrence Seu Seu
19. Chris Bailey
20. Tony Williams
21. Matt Cross
22. Darcy Lussick
23. Daly Cherry-Evans
24. Jamie Buhrer
25. Vic Mauro

Like that team but Des will have Bailey in the 17 and probably Tony Williams - You cant pay the big money and not be given the chance.

Without any recognised halves, we could really slide down the table this year, a la Tigers post-Prince. I'm worried - where is the creativity for us to score tries? Choc will do his bit, but who is going to get the ball to Lyon, Robbo, Brett, Wolf & co? Brett may really suffer without a top half - i think we might have underestimated how lethal the Ox-Stewart combo was.

Crusher_Cleal link said:
Without any recognised halves, we could really slide down the table this year, a la Tigers post-Prince. I'm worried - where is the creativity for us to score tries? Choc will do his bit, but who is going to get the ball to Lyon, Robbo, Brett, Wolf & co? Brett may really suffer without a top half - i think we might have underestimated how lethal the Ox-Stewart combo was.

They may be inexperienced at the top level but it's not like the three young blokes have never seen a footy field before. As long as their temparement is up to it, they all have the talent.

Manlyborn & Eggson are spot on.

If the props don't fire, we won't make the 8.

Des needs the big 4 (Kite, King, Rose and Perry) to really man up and have a good year. If they don't our young halves will get smashed, physically and mentally.

I think Lyon will be forced to become more involved with the young halves. If he gets the captaincy even better. The more he touches the ball and gets involved the better. Early last year he was devastating in attack.

Bring it on....

Rambo1987 link said:
Care to nominate which 8 teams (at least) you rate as superior to Manly?

I tend to be thinking more on the positive side, at least at this stage. I think everyone will use wiser heads at Manly this year relating to functions, off-field behaviour and negotiating with the Nrl.
The team looks pretty good on paper. The first four weeks will be a bit of a hurdle as Manly will be desperate not to have a horror start again. They need to forget about last year and just concentrate on this year.
I'm tipping for 4th and then we'll have to win it from there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4