Similar.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trent came out yesterday and said that 2018 we will have a similar team to this year . What does similar mean . Similar to me doesn't mean no change and ill bet there will be a couple or 3 new players in our starting side . Im not convinced Moylan is not coming for whatever i read , i may be wrong but not fully convinced. Im sure we will see a few signings in the next month that you will all be very happy about.

without BJ & Myles it will be different but similar

and so the mystery of the missing million dollars of talent to spend is over.
it is gone in upgrades to players that played in 2017.

So in reality we just had 2 injured players on the sidelines that will not be replaced by anyone near their calibre because we had them all along !!!!

I see us challenging for a premiership next year and top 4 regardless of who we sign. We were a top 4 side this year, with 6 rounds to go we were sitting in the 4, experience and consistency let us down. 2018 will be a top 4 finish even if we dont sign anyone. This squad is a top 4 side.

Yep, have to agree with that. I said before the start of this year that we were a top 8 side, top 4 if we were good enough. Well, as you said we were good enough but it was only some inexperience, lack of consistency and bad timing with injuries (Jorge and Siro) that let us down.

I think we can definitely be a top 4 side in 2018.

and so the mystery of the missing million dollars of talent to spend is over.
it is gone in upgrades to players that played in 2017.

I never quite got why people were saying that once Snake and Skivvy were off the books that we would have that extra cash to spend. The reality is that the extra money will go to things like the Turbo's contract upgrades, paying full price for Uate (and Siro??) while others will also probably get some sort of upgrades. Out of the alleged $1.4 or 1.5 million we'd have free from Brett and Steve, I would hazard a guess and say that at least 1, maybe 1.2 million of that is already allocated before we start thinking about a prized recruit such as a Moylan or Klemmer.....both of whom are starting to appear unlikely to be at Manly in 2018.

Not much but there depth is alot better than ours thats where we could improve but our starting 17 is a top 4 side. We almost knocked off the Storm early on in the year.
Early in the year the whips are not cracking
The whips are cracking at the end of the year where the Big players win the Big matches and teams depth is tested towards the end of the long season.

Question....are we still required to pay for Nate Myles in 2018? That wouldn't help if we do have to because there is half a million straight up.

The whips are cracking at the end of the year where the Big players win the Big matches and teams depth is tested towards the end of the long season.
So we should improve on our depth? I agree and that can be filled with our promoted young guns along with Sipley, Gosiewski and co. As for big players win big matches DCE and Tom stood up multiple times late in the year to get us to stay in the 8.

This whole whipping thing is barbaric. The players take enough punishment as it is.

People say that the whip doesn't hurt them, and it only frightens them to go faster, but I'm not so sure.

Question....are we still required to pay for Nate Myles in 2018? That wouldn't help if we do have to because there is half a million straight up.
I believe not because I think he may not be contracted anymore but i dont understand how it all works. Melbourne dont have him for 2018 I think.

Similar isn’t Same

Simple as that.

We’ve had two ( BJ & Poo) leave for sure.

We’ve announced that guy from Souths and Metcalf from....I forget now think it was the Sharks.

Neither are “known performers”, so in my humble opinion we are a signing or two short.

Wether they are stars ( unlikely) or just good solid first graders ( probable) I don’t know.

It’s highly likely some of the 20’s will come up, so the final mix won’t be known for another 4-6 weeks.

Remember it’s the way they have boosted Membership sales the last two years, why would 2017 be different?

There will be a signing or two!!

Comparing us to Melbourne isn't fair, we are dead set struggling to find a pen most of the time to sign just one contract, how on earth are we expected to sign 2 contracts?

Similar isn’t Same

Simple as that.

We’ve had two ( BJ & Poo) leave for sure.

We’ve announced that guy from Souths and Metcalf from....I forget now think it was the Sharks.

Neither are “known performers”, so in my humble opinion we are a signing or two short.

Wether they are stars ( unlikely) or just good solid first graders ( probable) I don’t know.

It’s highly likely some of the 20’s will come up, so the final mix won’t be known for another 4-6 weeks.

Remember it’s the way they have boosted Membership sales the last two years, why would 2017 be different?

There will be a signing or two!!
Spot on...

Comparing us to Melbourne isn't fair, we are dead set struggling to find a pen most of the time to sign just one contract, how on earth are we expected to sign 2 contracts?
In 2016 we signed Myles, kapow , Api, Brown , Parcell just to name a few so the penn pardon the pun , wasn't to shabby then . Maybe we are just waiting for the moment to announce a couple of astute signings . As mark was saying Membership numbers also a key.

You could run the Harold Matt's out against the Dragons 1st grade and to have 50 put on against them would still be unaccepatble.

Any way you dice it, that 50 against us was a disgrace, regardless of who was rested/injured.

I see us challenging for a premiership next year and top 4 regardless of who we sign. We were a top 4 side this year, with 6 rounds to go we were sitting in the 4, experience and consistency let us down. 2018 will be a top 4 finish even if we dont sign anyone. This squad is a top 4 side.
say it one more time?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8