Silvertails?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jono, the working man has only his labour for sale. If he chooses to deny the boss that in a dispute over wages or conditions, then it should be his right to withdraw that labour. I would never advocate a return to slavery. The Qantas thing was a lockout. i.e the boss withdrew access to the worksite, thus denying the workers the place of work.

Thanks for the attempt at diversional therapy Matas?

The northern beaches were home to me for almost the first 30yrs of my life. For many people home has that special attachment that others don't quite understand. I can kind of rationalise someone living in Mt Druit but I could never call it home.

I came to realise that if I wanted financial security (sad but true) I would have to relocate, but in typical Silvertails fashion I could not leave the beauty of the coast so here I am in the Ballina shire.

So back to your point, on the whole I feel most people from the peninsula are more likely to be in a better financial advantage, even if it is just collateral. All areas are going to have their share of public housing and respite services but as in most things in life you only get what you pay for, that's why the median house price is above average.

As an aside I work on a nation call grid with lifeline and we get plenty of calls from Sydney, after 4yrs I feel I'm free to say that the ratio from the northern beaches as opposed to other Sydney post codes is (in my opinion) noticeably less.

I had to go to a conference in Collaroy last year and had to admit I was surprised at how grubby parts of the Northern Beaches were becoming. Maybe it was just Pittwater Road.

I hadn't really noticed before but perhaps that was when I was comparing it to the ghetto-like surrounds of Dubbo. But compared to the Sunshine Coast, parts of Brookvale and Dee Why etc look very tatty, unkempt and forlorn. That old Building with all the windows smashed in, close to Warringah Mall, is probably the worst of it.

I meet TK after one of our 7s victories in the 90s. He was high fiving us and talking footy for about 30 minutes then he went home in his Bentley.

Matabele said:
Here's a direct quote:

"I gotta take some of you guys to the overcrowded boarding houses in Manly or introduce you to some of our homeless friends. Or wander through Dee Why, Brookvale or Manly Vale where Islander, Philippino and Somalian families are living with three generations in tiny apartments. I get tired of this ignorant "silver tails" stereotype."

Ask him for the addresses of these boarding houses in manly as most of them have bene closed down over the past 20 years and converted into luxury units.

Manly has a few homeless people mainly in summer who live at Manly oval, the park and beachfront. Most of these people have mental issues and have nowhere else to go since the governments closed down mental institutions. Much worse in inner city suburbs and Manly was way way worse 30 years ago when there was real divide between the well off and the not so well off.

Many people for overseas live in high rise unit blocks and have 6-8 ina 2 bedroom apartment as they are either used to it or regard a brick property as a luxury. Their choice though and it happens in every suburb in Sydney.

Suggest your friend visits a few other suburbs in sydney to realise how affluent the northern beaches is compared to most of sydney. Maquarie fields, minto, mt druitt would be just a few suburbs

Matabele said:
I had to go to a conference in Collaroy last year and had to admit I was surprised at how grubby parts of the Northern Beaches were becoming. Maybe it was just Pittwater Road.

I hadn't really noticed before but perhaps that was when I was comparing it to the ghetto-like surrounds of Dubbo. But compared to the Sunshine Coast, parts of Brookvale and Dee Why etc look very tatty, unkempt and forlorn. That old Building with all the windows smashed in, close to Warringah Mall, is probably the worst of it.

Apart from the oval, Brookvale was never one of my favourite places in the area.

I haven't been back in over a decade.....I mainly stick to Goldcoast and Brisbane games nowadays, I think subconsciously I want to remember things just as they were.

Anyway glad to read you went from Dubbo to the Sunshine Coast and not vice verca.

I grew up on the beaches, and plenty of areas are below average socioeconomically. Take a drive through the backwoods of cromer, narraweena, parts of beacon hill, Allambie or, manly vale, brookvale, frenchs forest, warriewood... Plenty of fibros, weatherboards, rusty cars, little blocks of land. Dee why looks more like parramatta rd every day, crummy old blocks of flats.. It is a land of extremes.

It aint minto, sure, but not all residents are wealthy

We're not all wealthy? Heaven forbid. Pop over the the US on any day and see poverty as it really is. Drive from LA to Las Vegas and check out all the tent cities under freeways, and the middle class looking persons standing on the side of roads with billboards stating they'd work for anything. Then pop into Detroit and see what a mess Reagan did to that city, and there's plenty more like it. The US, The land of the free...free to starve. Give me an old house with a junked car outside in the backblocks of Naraweena anyday.

Piece of useless goss for the younger crew. Naraweena used to be so rough it was nicknamed criminal hill.

Not going to talk politics as way too messy but my family inherited land in Harbord near the Diggers from farming days.
The folks sold the house when I was in my teens for a ridiculous price and relocated to a back suburb on the Gold Coast.
Nothing at all Silvertail about my family but 100% Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4