Silvertails winning matches on the seventh tackle.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Choo Choo Bars that made your tongue go black :D

They were epic. Right up there with Chomps, Curly Wurlys and one of my old favourites, King Rats.
Recipe: eat King Rat's tail, put Caramelo Koala on top of King Rats body, eat together. Delightful!
And @Normie, you can usually still get a Bertie Beetle show bag for $2. Bargain!

That sounds like sugar-overload to say the least @niccipops And I had a surreptitious look in the confectionery aisle in Coles this eve...lots of disturbing concoctions but NO bertie beetles!

And I wasn't about to ask the lady shop assistant there about their availability either.

So for me, at the moment, they are still a myth!

Http://m.quicksales.com.au/Details/20197748/

Get 50 Delicious coconut/honeycomb beetles.

They are not in shops anymore :(

Roy has turned us all into nostalgia buffs :p

$32.50 for 50 bertie beetles?!?

They must be antique, from the 70's or something to cost that much surely!

Alas, I concede they do exist.

I don't know yet if I'm concerned, or relieved, I have never seen them before!

RiverEagle said:

My eldest got a $5 Bertie Beetle bag from the Easter show when we flew down for our Manly v sharkies and cows trip. She got about 40 beetles. Much better value than my Wagon Wheel bag.
There was a cool Manly Sea Eagles bag at the show too which I noticed plenty of people buying.
You need to set a goal RE. You must eat a Bertie Beetle. There's no turning back.

Yeah @niccipops
40 beetles for 5 bucks sounds more than fair, but really, they just look like your standard milk chocolate treats... same as a freddo frog.

I confess I bought a bag of snack-size cherry-ripes at Coles earlier. I like them, or anything with dark chocolate; in moderation of course.

HM says the bertie beetles aren't available in retail now anyways.
And I'm certainly not sending away mail-order just to fulfil that goal...lol.

Quite a few other things have far greater importance on my bucket-list!

RiverEagle said:
Quite a few other things have far greater importance on my bucket-list!
Surfing pipeline, wearing a Manly jumper while eating a Bertie Beetle isn't a bad idea.

Remember when Bertie Beetles were wrapped in a tin foil wrapper and they were quite thick? I much prefer those Bertie Beetles to the small thin ones of today.

Yesterday, we picked up a couple of $4 Bertie Beetle showbags and a $2 smaller Bertie Beetle showbag for each of our grandsons when we took them to the Fraser Coast Show. They are still the best value for money without all of the crappy toys that are used as fillers in other showbags. The next value for money showbag was the Freddo showbag which they both got one of them too.

Jethro said:
Remember when Bertie Beetles were wrapped in a tin foil wrapper and they were quite thick? I much prefer those Bertie Beetles to the small thin ones of today.

Yesterday, we picked up a couple of $4 Bertie Beetle showbags and a $2 smaller Bertie Beetle showbag for each of our grandsons when we took them to the Fraser Coast Show. They are still the best value for money without all of the crappy toys that are used as fillers in other showbags. The next value for money showbag was the Freddo showbag which they both got one of them too.
Long live Bertie.:D If you do your research you'll find out that that the delicious chocolate Beetle is a Manly supporter.:)

I asked a mate of mine today, straight up if he'd ever heard of the bertie beetle?

He said yes. He's around the same age as me, so I'm perplexed again as to how I missed out on this iconic treat as a kid...?

He did grow up in Canberra tho...perhaps that explains it in his case!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4