SILVERTAILS TEAM .. NOW ..PICK YOUR COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who would you have coaching ?

• Ron Willey

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Frank Stanton

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Bob Fulton

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Des Hasler

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The Silvertail's team of the past 50 years is ..

1 .. Graham Eadie
2 .. Ken Irvine
3 .. Jamie Lyon
4 .. Bob Fulton
5 .. Kerry Boustead
6 .. Cliff Lyons
7 .. Geoff Toovey
8 .. Mark Carroll
9 .. Max Krilich
10 . Ian Roberts
11 . Steve Menzies
12 . Terry Randall
13 . Malcolm Reilly

14 . Desmond Hasler
15 . Anthony Watmough
16 . Kevin Ward
17 . John O'Neill

Coach .. ?
Manager .. Ken Arthurson

Whilst many coaches have made important contributions over the past 50 years ... the 4 stand outs are nominated .. good luck ..

Also I think choosing your coach based on their coaching ability rather than is a player coach a good idea .. in the context of this team ... may be the way to go ...

PSS .. Great to see 5 bona fide born and bred locals make the squad ...

Last edited:
Here's where does joins the party.
Can he coah after being selected at 14 ??
I go Des

Both Stanton & Fulton were successful rep coaches. All four coaches have won two premierships each. Hopefully, Des will surpass this. If he does, he may be rated Manly's best ever coach in future years.

Both Stanton & Fulton were successful rep coaches. All four coaches have won two premierships each. Hopefully, Des will surpass this. If he does, he may be rated Manly's best ever coach in future years.
Let us put things in clear perspective feathered friends ....

Our Unique and most decorated Sea eagles of all time The Incomparable Immortal holds the unique honour and distinction of winning premierships and Rep titles as a player captain, and coach and excelling at every level in the game

The Godfather and founder of our success needed to bring to our club his favourite Son to Grace the football fields and Grace our Legendary Club

The Great Des was one of The Incomparable Immortals disciples who discovered him in the wilderness on the foot of the mountains where he struggled to make an impact with the Panthers playing only 12 games in 2 years between 1982 and 83 .
Under the Legendary Incomparable Immortals wings the Great Des was shown how to fly and reach great heights and that he did

The moral of the story
The Incomparable Immortal set the high standards at every level in the game as a player and coach and laid the great foundations for others to follow in his great footsteps .

20210121_132329.jpg

Why isn't Trent Barrett an option @Woodsie ? Sheesh.....
I might not agree with some of @Woodsie opinions but I have learned to admire his resilient character to come out and speak his mind and stick to his guns and never falter .
That is a sign of great character . Keep the passion of your beliefs and always tell it how it is Woodsie !!!

Frank for me. Ron Willey didn't seem to have the tactics as the others and Frank had to pick the team up after a poor 1974 campaign and lost Fulton after 1976 and had to recreate the world.
Hard to go past Fulton and he would have been a shoe in if the golden period of 1995 to 1997 gave us the rewards we deserved ie 3 premierships.

Will you be calling for votes for Director of Outdoor Furniture ?? Have an idea or two for that.

Will you be calling for votes for Director of Outdoor Furniture ?? Have an idea or two for that.

Interesting question ... my immediate thought was .. I wonder what Cranky Frankie would have done if he had turned up to work .. and found that the **** of an owner was too cheap or too disinterested to provide even the basic needs of a football office ... but then again, under a professional like Arko that would never have happened ...

Frank for me. Ron Willey didn't seem to have the tactics as the others and Frank had to pick the team up after a poor 1974 campaign and lost Fulton after 1976 and had to recreate the world.
Hard to go past Fulton and he would have been a shoe in if the golden period of 1995 to 1997 gave us the rewards we deserved ie 3 premierships.

How he got that '78 team home I'll never know ... I witnessed it and still amazed ..

Bit concerned about some of last season's coaching and post 2011 G F outcomes but think that i will have to go with Des Hasler on this one . Patiently and methodically built a i st grade team up to premiership level after he first had the coaching reins and with the difficult N th Eagles episode still affecting procedings and in a predominately cap constrained era . Then two impressive titles and of course especially 08 . Fulton was the consummate and successful professional , Stanton very thorough and good successful coach , Lowe very progressive but just think that Des had the harder and more challenging task with assembling eventually very good squads and achieving titles and it was easier to attract top quality players in those earlier Manly coaching eras .

Since Bozo and Des are in the side, for me its a choice between Willey and Stanton.

Both won 2 premierships with us. Willey was also a successful State of Origin coach leading NSW to the first 3-0 Origin sweep in 1986, while Stanton was highly successful as Kangaroos coach with 2 Kangaroo Tours, one unbeaten.

Tough choice really, but I went with Biscuits.

Let us put things in clear perspective feathered friends ....

Our Unique and most decorated Sea eagles of all time The Incomparable Immortal holds the unique honour and distinction of winning premierships and Rep titles as a player captain, and coach and excelling at every level in the game

The Godfather and founder of our success needed to bring to our club his favourite Son to Grace the football fields and Grace our Legendary Club

The Great Des was one of The Incomparable Immortals disciples who discovered him in the wilderness on the foot of the mountains where he struggled to make an impact with the Panthers playing only 12 games in 2 years between 1982 and 83 .
Under the Legendary Incomparable Immortals wings the Great Des was shown how to fly and reach great heights and that he did

The moral of the story
The Incomparable Immortal set the high standards at every level in the game as a player and coach and laid the great foundations for others to follow in his great footsteps .

View attachment 16774

That Rooster?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7