SILVERTAILS TEAM .. NOW ..PICK YOUR COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who would you have coaching ?

• Ron Willey

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Frank Stanton

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Bob Fulton

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Des Hasler

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
I have gone for Ron, simply because he got the club to go from Bridesmaids to championship material. He put steel, hardness and determination into our players which is still on display for decades to come (except with the odd exception)

However all of them would do a fine job

Since Bozo and Des are in the side, for me its a choice between Willey and Stanton.

Both won 2 premierships with us. Willey was also a successful State of Origin coach leading NSW to the first 3-0 Origin sweep in 1986, while Stanton was highly successful as Kangaroos coach with 2 Kangaroo Tours, one unbeaten.

Tough choice really, but I went with Biscuits.

Mate .. forget that they are in the side ... the object is to choose who you think was our best coach over the past 50 years ... it is not a team selection, it is a best in their position poll ...

I have gone for Ron, simply because he got the club to go from Bridesmaids to championship material. He put steel, hardness and determination into our players which is still on display for decades to come (except with the odd exception)

However all of them would do a fine job
Ron certainly deserves a tribute being the i st Manly coach to crack a premiership and easy to underestimate his contribution . That was in the era of just one main coach having almost full responsibility and not the assistant coach arrangement in most recent eras . Still would opt for Des however for a number of reasons again .

With nearly double the votes of his nearest rival ... Cranky or Biscuits is Coach ..

Buscuits went on to coach the Balmain Tigers for a couple of seasons after his Manly commitments , maybe Ron Willey as well and do recall Willey at the Panthers in 1988 . Ron must have had a very long i st grade coaching career , in charge of Manly sides in the early 70 's and still again coaching i st grade sides until 88 at least .

Mate .. forget that they are in the side ... the object is to choose who you think was our best coach over the past 50 years ... it is not a team selection, it is a best in their position poll ...

I do see and get what you're saying, but I've never been big on playing coaches. Hence, I'm sticking with my choice of Stanton.

But either way you can't go wrong with any of them can you? There is 8 premierships and 16 Grand Finals between Willey, Stanton, Fulton and Hasler (13 were with Manly. Bozo coached Easts to the 1980 GF and Des took the Dogs to 2012 and 2014. But all 8 premierships were ours).

Buscuits went on to coach the Balmain Tigers for a couple of seasons after his Manly commitments , maybe Ron Willey as well and do recall Willey at the Panthers in 1988 . Ron must have had a very long i st grade coaching career , in charge of Manly sides in the early 70 's and still again coaching i st grade sides until 88 at least .
And norths

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4