Silvertails Leadership group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
Is anyone going to represent the gay and indigenous communites? (kidding and hope I'm not being inappropriate in any way) Love this site and those who run it do an awesome job.

Well indigenous communities, we already have MB ;)

Fluffy said:
niccipops said:
Is anyone going to represent the gay and indigenous communites? (kidding and hope I'm not being inappropriate in any way) Love this site and those who run it do an awesome job.

And I am a snappy dresser....

Leadership group sounds is an interesting idea. I must admit I am concerned about the left field inclusions as I have suspicions as to who they may be, but will wait and see. Just hope I am wrong

I think it's a great idea Dan. Hope it goes ahead. The Eagle I hope things get better. This place needs you mate. All the best and chin up

I think it's a great idea Dan. Hope it goes ahead. The Eagle I hope things get better. This place needs you mate. All the best and chin up

voicefromthehill said:
Leadership group sounds is an interesting idea. I must admit I am concerned about the left field inclusions as I have suspicions as to who they may be, but will wait and see. Just hope I am wrong

3 additional names to the moderators have been offered up so far and the group has agreed, they are going to be approached today and then we can add them to that group.

I don't want this to feel like a big brother thing, I just want it to be a source separate from a complete authoritarian view where people can go to deal with any grievances and actions can be taken.

It's quite ironic that on it's own this thread revealed one of the many reasons why this was needed, not to mention the appalling stuff I have been informed of in another thread.

It's just so sad, this is a website to talk about footy, more specifically to talk about the Manly Sea Eagles. A team that we are all fans of and love. It strikes me as tragic that a group with a common interest can't self moderate and talk reasonably. It's even more sad that things denigrate as they often do.

When we started this site, we rarely if ever had these issues, and everyone was here for the common good and a common reason, now it seems there are just so many that can't seem to adhere to what I would assume are socially accepted practice.

It's a sad indictment on the internet itself and so much of me wishes we could just get a long without the need to have a swarm of moderators, admins or leadership groups. However the idea of a utopia is naive and I do not believe myself to be a naive person.

Anyway such is life

I think it's a great idea Dan. Hopefully it will keep the site a lot less troll free lol. The Eagle you are needed on here mate. Hope things get better

Couldn't agree more Dan. The anonymity of the net can be dangerous. I am a member of a running site and it took a turn for the worse a few years ago - in much the same way this site has recently. I haven't been back since, too much petty bickering, I think you are doing a good thing to try abd restore balance and civility

niccipops said:

Look, we are pretty well covered here and internationally with this. Cameron is looking after Oz and Thailand and Kiwi Eagle is running the show in NZ.
:D:cool: Jace has offered to get behind both boys and assist. :dodgy:

Darren said:
niccipops said:

Look, we are pretty well covered here and internationally with this. Cameron is looking after Oz and Thailand and Kiwi Eagle is running the show in NZ.
:D:cool: Jace has offered to get behind both boys and assist. :dodgy:
hahaha

I don't really have anything to add but as Dan's the owner, reply I shall.

Do what you want. Free site = free reign.

I doubt it'll make any difference to me as no one listens to the drivel I post here. ;)

See, told ya nuttin to add. But that's what the pm button is for.

I was thinking of adding your hat to the group though

ManlyBacker said:
Fluffy said:
niccipops said:

And I am a snappy dresser....
Obviously modesty isn't your best quality stu lol :)

Daniel said:

lol.

he has always been the smart, good looking, more respected one of us two.

I just lift heavy things.

Daniel said:

Probably have more to add than most of the names currently :)

I never thought I'd be jealous of a hat travel wise....

Shane, a mate of mine committed suicide a few years ago. His funeral was the biggest ever at our local church. People spilled out the doors.
His parents, who i know well, are not the same people now.

If you need help, as Dan said, ask for it. Suicide litterally is the most tragic thing in the world and can more often than not be prevented.

At the end of the day, this is a footy forum, and i enjoy the verbal assualt i partake in with you.

All the best mate.

Daniel said:
It's a sad indictment on the internet itself and so much of me wishes we could just get a long without the need to have a swarm of moderators, admins or leadership groups.

Don't be too down on the site, Dan. This is a quality site with wonderful news and resources, and I for one am visiting it every day at the moment to get my Manly "Fix".

It might just take the banning of one or two make it a better place for all. I am not sure how strict you are on the warning level, but perhaps that could be tightened? With so many differing views, there is always bound to be some friction, especially as more and more people sign up to Silvertails.net (and especially with our seemingly incompetent Board).

For what its worth, I think a leadership group can help with this and to help balance the workload, for which it must be quite a job going through each post.

P.S. The Eagle - hang in there mate. If life was perfect all of the time, it would certainly get tiresome.

Thanks Simon.

Just for an update

Kiwi Eagle and SeaEagleRock8 have been added to the leadership group

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7