Silvertails 2013 Tipping Comp!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[@Daniel]

I'm in.

Hey Dan,
How hard is it to write in a link to the next round of tips?
For example, once I have put my tips in for round 1, have an arrow that I can click on that takes me straight to the next round. I normally put my tips in a few weeks in advance in case I forget, and this would make it easier. Rather than going in and back out again.
I hope that doesn't sound too pedanatic.
If it's too hard don't worry about it mate. It's not that big a deal and I know you are busy at the moment.

Cheers

Man - obviously I did the bracket thing wrong to PM Dan. How do I do that correctly?

Shouldn't be hard at all I will do that today if I have time

Daniel said:
Shouldn't be hard at all I will do that today if I have time

Do it as soon as people learn to tag correctly!!

:p

@[Daniel]
@[Clint]

It's not as simple as just adding a link, I need to check that the next round is available or filled in so it doesn't throw an error

Daniel said:
It's not as simple as just adding a link, I need to check that the next round is available or filled in so it doesn't throw an error

And do we get membership pins for the amount of years we've been in the tipping comp?

globaleagle said:
Daniel said:

And do we get membership pins for the amount of years we've been in the tipping comp?

Yes but not offically until you reach the next milestone.

manlyfan76 said:
globaleagle said:
Daniel said:

Yes but not offically until you reach the next milestone.

"Officially???"

Man, that blows.

Actually thats a good idea, I might look into that. but probably not before the end of march. I am heading overseas in a few weeks and wont be around and busy in between.

The next round link has now been added to the bottom left of the enter tips screen

Daniel said:
Actually thats a good idea, I might look into that. but probably not before the end of march. I am heading overseas in a few weeks and wont be around and busy in between.

The next round link has now been added to the bottom left of the enter tips screen

WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

CANADA??????

A good idea? Really? Woot!

Not Canada, I do want to get there though. Going to Paris and UK

Daniel said:
Not Canada, I do want to get there though. Going to Paris and UK

Brilliant. Enjoy!

Both places I want to return to, soon. Having a wife who speaks french fluently helps. That's all the help she is, right sweetheart?!?!?!?!?

lol*ow*

Daniel said:

Good work - Thanks Dan

thanks guys.

I am trying to add in a one game a week "pick the margin" as well to help with a possible prize we may be having

@[Daniel]
What about a bonus round Dan?
Where throughout the year each tipster has the opportunity to "double" their points for a particular round that they nominate before the round is played.
Might be too hard to police though??

@[globaleagle]

Hey GE - I think I got that tagging thing right... Hooray.. :p

At this stage we have a bonus game. I am not a fan of the bonus round, I think it takes some of the "skill" out of tipping and allows people to easily just jump to the top sometimes through sheer luck.

I have been dudded in a comp that had that and swore never to sign up for it again.

As for policing its all coding so it takes the thought out of it, the issue being I only have a few weeks until I go away and not much time to code this stuff and then test it properly

Clint said:
@[Daniel]
What about a bonus round Dan?
Where throughout the year each tipster has the opportunity to "double" their points for a particular round that they nominate before the round is played.
Might be too hard to police though??

@[globaleagle]

Hey GE - I think I got that tagging thing right... Hooray.. :p

Hooray!

Actually for some reason your tag to me didn't work, but buggered if I can see what's wrong!

@[Clint]

Just paid and put in my tips. Only thing was, when I was paying, it said it was for the 2011 comp? I went ahead and did it and assumed it was just a typo?

Oops good pick up thanks I will fix that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6