SIGNINGS for 2011 :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ant80 link said:
Like many others on here I'm bit worried about our depth in the centres noticed that Souths are willing to release Dylan Farrell might be someone to get a hold of
really  i never heard that i think we`re skinny in the forwards not backs..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293176850[/time]

wouldnt mind a nice relief hooker add some thrust in last 15-10minutes of a game like we had with dunley & lestrange.. mona`s  too  ..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293176952[/time]

seu seu showed abit of it in the last game of the season ..pity he didnt do it in the 1st two games ...

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185933.msg310341#msg310341 date=1293176507]
Like many others on here I'm bit worried about our depth in the centres noticed that Souths are willing to release Dylan Farrell might be someone to get a hold of

wouldnt mind a nice relief hooker add some thrust in last 15-10minutes of a game like we had with dunley & lestrange.. mona`s  too  ..

seu seu showed abit of it in the last game of the season ..pity he didnt do it in the 1st two games ...
[/quote]

We've still got Seu Seu to cover that position, and also Liam Foran now

i knw ant..  but hooker isnt  like  a back where thy can just slot in if the newbie hooker dont get involved we have no thrust..
hope liam shows the same attitude has his brother because maybe he could ..
i just like an energetic dummy half who`s a schemer  like matty balin & lestrange.. eg matty balin`s 1st try in 08 GF  outta nowhere.. i like that.

Melbourne Storm has today signed former South Sydney centre Beau Champion on the three-year deal, with Greg Inglis officially released from Storm and signing with the Rabbitohs.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=32692&title=storm-sign-champion%2C-release-inglis

jjai link said:
i knw ant..  but hooker isnt  like  a back where thy can just slot in if the newbie hooker dont get involved we have no thrust..
hope liam shows the same attitude has his brother because maybe he could ..
i just like an energetic dummy half who`s a schemer  like matty balin & lestrange.. eg matty balin`s 1st try in 08 GF  outta nowhere.. i like that.

To get back to your original point Frontrow yes we are tight, second row. I'm hoping we pick up James Graham (I live in hope I know) for that posi.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293178683[/time]

jjai link said:
heard the sharks are willing to buy any discards that south have..

think the Sharkies might have a descent side next season

jjai link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185933.msg310341#msg310341 date=1293176507]

[/quote]

I thought Seu Seu got unfairly tarred when we dropped those 1st 2 games last year. He wasn't flash but did nothing wrong from what i saw.

now if we had looked after our forwards coming thru (jarrod and lama) we wouldn't be in this position of trying to sign anyone on the market. We are all hoping for a pommie who probably won't come. Roosters weren't stupid, signing stars as well as the best juniors around. Look at us, we have mauro and moorewood  ::)

+ James Cunningham looks ok Darren. He's a current International at his level.

+ Tim Robinson was also an International prop/2nd rower, and played with the Falou's etc. He's his current teams captain.

+ Daniel Harrison is very highly thought of in plenty of circles. He, too, captained his Bulldogs side, who went right through.

+ Jamie Buhrer. I don't see why people aren't more excited by this young 21 year old? On an injured beat-up team, he looked like a standout to finish the year, and I see a lot of Glenn Stewart in him.

+ Darcy Lussick is a junior State-of-Origin backrower. From what I have seen of him in both the NYC and QLD Cup, he looked mobile, aggressive, and is sort of the Beaver type.

+ Full strength, we have another 21 year old prop / 2nd rower in Tony Williams. I've said this a multitude of times, but if anyone remembers the World Cup, when he played in the forwards, he actually looked fast and mobile compared to the others.

+ Limoni Latu is a prop / 2nd rower in our NYC team. He has played for a few good clubs, and he looks like the Kenny Edwards type (without the poor behavioural problems). He's 19.

+ Junior Palau has been around for a while, and is always on the cusp of grabbing a spot. If he got fit, lost a few k/g's, surely he would be in Des' mix of forwards.

+ If you say at full strength, our bench is Williams / Rose / Galuvao / Buhrer, you can then include a 26 year old Matt Cross (premiership winner), who probably struggled in a team overall that struggled in 2010.

+ Terrence Seu Seu came very good at the back-end of last season, and that is why he has re-signed with us for another 12 months, and will probably get that utility spot on the bench. (Seu Seu, Rose, Galuvao, Williams). He's only 23, and an International forward.

+ Ashley Kemp is an 18 year old Fijian International forward at 202 cm's, and 127 k/g's. He's scored 5 tries in a game 3 times. The club obviously think very highly of this kid.

+ Vic Mauro. You mentioned him as though it is a bad thing. The kids still only 23, and in my opinion, has never, and I mean EVER let us down when being called up. As depth goes, he VERY handy. Has 1st grade experience. As you tell people mate, props develop later, so why not let Mauro have a chance? He's still so young.

+ Ok, we also have Phil Moorwood, but really, another depth player - and would he even GET a shot at first grade again. Even so, he got QLD Cup's forward of the year, so he is busting a gut, and again, has a little first grade experience, which isn't so bad for someone so far down the player chain.

There are obviously more I'm missing, and I'm assuming we will see more with us having a team in the NSW Cup now.  

It isn't as bad as "look at us, we have Mauro and Moorewood".

If you say:-
08. Jason King (29) Current State of Origin prop
09. Matt Ballin (26) Current State of Origin Hooker
10. Brent Kite (29) Experienced International Prop
11. Anthony Watmough (27) Current International Backrower
12. Shane Rodney (27) Experienced City/Country Backrower. Grand Final winner
13. Glenn Stewart (26) Experienced International Lock

14. Terrence Seu Seu (23) Experienced International Hooker
15. George Rose (27) Indigenous All Star
16. Joe Galuvao (32) Experienced International Prop / Backrower
17. Tony Williams (22) International forward

MOST of the above, is all depth, and pretty handy you'd have to agree.

ryan whilst your loyalty to manly is admirable, theres probably only 1 or 2 players from that list that will go on to the next level.

the statistics are even less if you take a look at nsw and australian  junior sides over the last 10 years across the nrl

I hope so Ryan, with Kite probably finishing up and Rose's form pretty ordinary in 2010 our front row engine room looks quite bare. We really only have King who had a great year.

Ryan link said:
+ James Cunningham looks ok Darren. He's a current International at his level.

+ Tim Robinson was also an International prop/2nd rower, and played with the Falou's etc. He's his current teams captain.

+ Daniel Harrison is very highly thought of in plenty of circles. He, too, captained his Bulldogs side, who went right through.

+ Jamie Buhrer. I don't see why people aren't more excited by this young 21 year old? On an injured beat-up team, he looked like a standout to finish the year, and I see a lot of Glenn Stewart in him.

+ Darcy Lussick is a junior State-of-Origin backrower. From what I have seen of him in both the NYC and QLD Cup, he looked mobile, aggressive, and is sort of the Beaver type.

+ Full strength, we have another 21 year old prop / 2nd rower in Tony Williams. I've said this a multitude of times, but if anyone remembers the World Cup, when he played in the forwards, he actually looked fast and mobile compared to the others.

+ Limoni Latu is a prop / 2nd rower in our NYC team. He has played for a few good clubs, and he looks like the Kenny Edwards type (without the poor behavioural problems). He's 19.

+ Junior Palau has been around for a while, and is always on the cusp of grabbing a spot. If he got fit, lost a few k/g's, surely he would be in Des' mix of forwards.

+ If you say at full strength, our bench is Williams / Rose / Galuvao / Buhrer, you can then include a 26 year old Matt Cross (premiership winner), who probably struggled in a team overall that struggled in 2010.

+ Terrence Seu Seu came very good at the back-end of last season, and that is why he has re-signed with us for another 12 months, and will probably get that utility spot on the bench. (Seu Seu, Rose, Galuvao, Williams). He's only 23, and an International forward.

+ Ashley Kemp is an 18 year old Fijian International forward at 202 cm's, and 127 k/g's. He's scored 5 tries in a game 3 times. The club obviously think very highly of this kid.

+ Vic Mauro. You mentioned him as though it is a bad thing. The kids still only 23, and in my opinion, has never, and I mean EVER let us down when being called up. As depth goes, he VERY handy. Has 1st grade experience. As you tell people mate, props develop later, so why not let Mauro have a chance? He's still so young.

+ Ok, we also have Phil Moorwood, but really, another depth player - and would he even GET a shot at first grade again. Even so, he got QLD Cup's forward of the year, so he is busting a gut, and again, has a little first grade experience, which isn't so bad for someone so far down the player chain.

There are obviously more I'm missing, and I'm assuming we will see more with us having a team in the NSW Cup now.  

It isn't as bad as \"look at us, we have Mauro and Moorewood\".

If you say:-
08. Jason King (29) Current State of Origin prop
09. Matt Ballin (26) Current State of Origin Hooker
10. Brent Kite (29) Experienced International Prop
11. Anthony Watmough (27) Current International Backrower
12. Shane Rodney (27) Experienced City/Country Backrower. Grand Final winner
13. Glenn Stewart (26) Experienced International Lock

14. Terrence Seu Seu (23) Experienced International Hooker
15. George Rose (27) Indigenous All Star
16. Joe Galuvao (32) Experienced International Prop / Backrower
17. Tony Williams (22) International forward

MOST of the above, is all depth, and pretty handy you'd have to agree.

Is that a forward Yart from Ryan....a Fart

Can anyone confirm that we have actually signed Ashley Kemp?

And has Des made Tony Williams make his new year resolution not to drink at Mona Vale pub until 1.00 am on game days?

tookey link said:

And has Des made Tony Williams make his new year resolution not to drink at Mona Vale pub until 1.00 am on game days?

I remember hearing Kemp signed 3 years for 250k (total not per year) and was expected to play for the 20's squad and the NSW cup side his first year

Ryan you are the Silvertails version of the Iraqi information minister, you made a forward squad skinny on experience and talent seem like world beaters. I admire your optimism but I can't see that pack dominating the NRL next year. If we lose a prop or two to injury we are screwed.

agree chip n chase, that's why losing 2 top junior props is a massive concern,there are very few around!! and if Rose, Gilavou and Cross are considered top 17 then we are really short in talent. 

tookey link said:

He still has 6 days to convince him.
And if he can't, we can always look on the bright side, drinking at the Mona Vale pub is better than him drinking up The Cross.

I dont understand why people keep posting about signing other players. We have no more money there will be no more signings. Listen to what management has been saying NO MORE SIGNINGS.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8