Signing now done and dusted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This squad of players should be doing better than 5th, correct

Most played below potential, that is also correct

If they play to close to their potential we are a massive threat in the comp again, that is also correct imo

Form was an issue but also running around with a target on our backs wasnt a help.

I still dont think any team will go back to back in the NRL - and thats that.

Again apart from the Storm somehow...

Yeah but Storm has had a target on their back for a while and they at least keep making the GF.

ads link said:
Yeah but Storm has had a target on their back for a while and they at least keep making the GF.

I know but they somehow fit Finch on their books, also they can chat to Choc and still be under the cap - something doesnt fit right there

Ryan link said:
01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai / Ben Farrar
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran / Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford / Trent Hodgkinson

List any better backlines.

The Melbourne backline is better than ours on 2009 form. I'd even say that the St George backline is better than ours on 2009 form (Boyd, Cooper, Morris, Soward, Hornby, Sailor). You could also mount a pretty good case for the Broncos with players like Lockyer, Hodges, Hunt and Folau, even Wallace is a better half than Orford on current form. There is no point talking about our "potential" if it's never realised. Anyway you've persistently written off Chris Bailey so you can't now claim him as a NRL leading backline star. I'm not convinced that too many people here have even seen Hodgkinson play, yet he is to be our saviour in the number 7.

Also I think anyone who thinks that we are going to sign Orford to a 2 year deal and then not have him play every game is kidding themselves. He won't get dropped for poor form, you can take that to the bank. Our only hope is injury so that Foran gets an extended shot at the 7 with Lyon at 5/8. Alternatively we need the forwards to really get back some mongrel and start dominating sides like we did at the end of 2008. That way we don't have to rely on Orford "skills" to conjure up wins, the forwards make the space and that takes the panic out of Orford, he can just spread the ball and let those more capable do something with it. If his thinking time gets cut down, his vision narrows and he takes poor options. I accept that he might have have been carrying an injury, but if he has an injured groin why is he risking it every week when he stubs his foot on the ground taking drop-outs, surely that can't be good for him.

Chip & Chase link said:
I'm not convinced that too many people here have even seen Hodgkinson play, yet he is to be our saviour in the number 7.

[/quote]

Ive seen him. He has the physicality and mental tenacity to make it in 1st grade. The question is can he lift the skill sets to the required level (not sure).

What was our backup plan this year (also next year for that matter) if Orford went down injured for an extended period ?

Jatz Crackers link said:
What was our backup plan this year (also next year for that matter) if Orford went down injured for an extended period ?

Hodkinson was picked out by Crusher & bought for that purpose as far as I know.

I watched the Q Cup decider and was impressed with Hodkinson, probably more than with T-Rex though he was man of match. From memory he threw an intercept pass for a try but not when the match was on the line. He did not stand out for his skill as much as for his very strong defence. That is a quality that I expect will see him given a shot in NRL fairly soon. If Ox has an injury next year I'd say Des wouldn't hesitate to give the young bloke a run.

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, 5th was a poor effort.  Mediority is not acceptable.  5th was not acceptable. 

5th would have been fine if it converted to 1st, it was the conversion into 7th that you're really frustrated with.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4