Signing now done and dusted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Now we have signed Orford Wolfy Robbo & Co I think it's time we start supporting our team and players.

I wasnt happy with Ox's performance this year, however we made the 8 after a terrible start wasnt really a bad effort. Now we signed them how about start supporting them.

I still think we have a decent team next year and can give the comp a shake.

Go Manly in 2010. (And fix Brookie up for god's sake)

The problem rambo is ox didn't really steer us around the park enough this year even that game against cronulla at brookie that we almost lost it's games like that he should have had total controll.

More like do you really want to hurt me DSM by Boy George and the bum bandits.

and Lyon as well apparently

Sign here: four Manly stars to get contracts

Glenn Jackson | October 12, 2009

AFTER months of speculation, Manly are finally about to confirm the signings of their off-contract stars Matt Orford, Jamie Lyon, David Williams and Michael Robertson - and will then turn their attention to solving one of the main problems that held up their signatures, their search for a new chief executive.

The four players have been all but signed for several months, however the confirmation of all of the deals has been delayed. But Sea Eagles chairman, Scott Penn, said he expected closure on all four contract sagas to come this week.

''That's the plan, although I know we've said that before,'' Penn said yesterday.

Explaining the protracted negotiations, Penn said: ''It's a combination of things. But because of the rules where you must register a contract within seven days of announcing it, we have to have everything signed, sealed and delivered.

''But they're as good as done. Everyone's aware of where we're at.''

The resignation of Manly's chief executive, Grant Mayer, also played a part in delaying the signatures, but Penn said he hoped to have found a new club boss within a month.

The Sea Eagles have hired a recruitment company to find their next CEO, and Penn said there had been a ''really good response'' to advertisements for the position.

''Hopefully we'll have a shortlist in a couple of weeks and we might be able to make an appointment in early November,'' he said. ''There's some real solid candidates, and some overseas candidates in amongst there too.''

Also ready to put pen to paper is Parramatta winger Jarryd Hayne, who is expected to finally ink his new $2 million deal this week, just before he heads off to the UK to play in the Four Nations tournament.

The Australian representative, arguably the best player in the code at the moment, has pledged his future to the Eels but has not officially re-signed with the grand finalists.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/manly-stars-to-get-contracts/2009/10/11/1255195700223.html

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
The problem rambo is ox didn't really steer us around the park enough this year even that game against cronulla at brookie that we almost lost it's games like that he should have had total controll.

The game was not Orfords fault.  It was a game when our forwards played like under 9 girls.  No half can stand out and control a game when your forwards are going that bad. 

Leave off Garts.  Orford was pathetic for most of the 09 season.  Both Cronulla games and the pass into the crowd in the Tigers match were just a couple of highlight.  He shouldn't have been re-signed.  However it will keep me posting.  There's a lose/win in everything. 

I'm willing to give Ox a fair go next year so long as the forwards give him room to play with.  He's got an established partner in Lyon and no doubt the off season will see him develop one with Foran, might take a few games to settle.  

If that happens then there's no excuse for bad kicks, options and that god awful sprint 15m sideways and throw the ball to the 9th row in the stands.  So for all you haters and lovers out there there's nothing really but to watch him play and then let the keyboards to the talking!

Williams has a heap of work to do.  I only found out he used to play second row.  It'd explain his running style and even his bad positioning during games on the wing.  Oh and he used to kick goals pretty well.

BUT... if you guys thought this round of contract negotiations was hard, next year will be a nightmare.  Forwards, origin players, aus reps, more up and coming kids with the goods...fun times

eggson link said:
BUT... if you guys thought this round of contract negotiations was hard, next year will be a nightmare.  Forwards, origin players, aus reps, more up and coming kids with the goods...fun times

The Storm manage to fit their players in and sign new players and go for Choc. Also have Schbert on their books.

DSM5 link said:
Leave off Garts.  Orford was pathetic for most of the 09 season.  Both Cronulla games and the pass into the crowd in the Tigers match were just a couple of highlight.  He shouldn't have been re-signed.  However it will keep me posting.  There's a lose/win in everything. 

I agree Orford was well below his best.  Part of it was due to his own form and part was due to the team as a whole.  If a NRL forward pack is playing like little girls (Sharks game) how is a halfback meant to create attacking options.  You however have the blinkers on that badly that it is always his fault when we lost, even if the forward pack was going backwards. 

Orford won the Dally M medal in the year he played without injury. This past year it has been well documented he played with injury for the most of it. If he signs a new 2 year deal, can we PLEASE just give him a shot at LEAST before we destroy him with your criticism.

I also would like us to re-build with Hodgkinson and Foran, but if that's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

Please - I beg you all - two years of Orford bashing will be just painful.

Let's give him 10 games next year to see if uninjured, he can get back to 08 form.

Lets not and say we did Ryan, he is substandard, pure and simple.

Half the NRL is playing with injury at any given time, so that excuse is on the nose, if he is injured, rest it or fix it...

Ryan link said:
Orford won the Dally M medal in the year he played without injury. This past year it has been well documented he played with injury for the most of it. If he signs a new 2 year deal, can we PLEASE just give him a shot at LEAST before we destroy him with your criticism.

I also would like us to re-build with Hodgkinson and Foran, but if that's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

Please - I beg you all - two years of Orford bashing will be just painful.

Let's give him 10 games next year to see if uninjured, he can get back to 08 form.

If he was playing with injury then they should have given someone like Hodkinson a go. I think Orford's best is behind him but I hope I'm wrong.

I'll give him 5 games next year when he's fully fit and if he doesn't perform then blood Hodkinson

5th was an amazing effort really, when you think about the fact we had 2 **** front rowers, 2 **** wingers, an average fullback, a rubbish centre and a crap halfback for the season :p

If 2 of them show up next season we may go through unbeaten :)

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai / Ben Farrar
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran / Chris Bailey
07. Matt Orford / Trent Hodgkinson

List any better backlines.

Kiwi, 5th was a poor effort.  Mediority is not acceptable.  5th was not acceptable. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6