Signing News:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Player announcements will come out this week.

Perry
King
Matai
L’Strange
NO Musprat
Cuthbo has agreed to terms but just tidying up a couple of clauses.

NOt sure mate...the above is the only info provided to me.

That said, George Rose was on the Sunday Footy show, and when asked will he be at Manly next year, the quote was:-

"Yeah mate, I think so".

George then went on to say life is tough at present, and he can't wait to get back for us to show what he can do.

Additionally, and assuming this:-

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Glenn Stewart

Try fitting these players into the final 4 bench spots:-

Heath Le'Strange
Clint Halden
George Rose
Luke Williamson
Mark Bryant
Glenn Hall
Adam Cuthbertson
Jack Afamasaga
Josh Perry

My goodness !!! How is the depth !!!

I really hope the big fella is with us next year, he was by far our best bench player before he got injured. Has the Beaver made a decison yet?

Now that we have lost Monnas and burns we need to sign a half back/5/8 to cover orford as well.

I like the look of Brett Seymour as a back up for orford.

Also on the signing news we have signed a young islander front rower from Kebra Park High, Kenny Edwards is his name.

I hate to criticise one of our own, but if Matai falls off the list it wouldn't worry me. I just can't see how we are going to get any value out of signing him for 3 years. Every week it is the same rehash of how he will cut out the rubbish, improve his defensive lapses and stay away form the judiciary. Right. He leaves the game yesterday and we put it all together. Enough is enough.

He made two huge breaks against the Dragons at Brookie last year.

Hasn't done anything similar this year, but he hasn't really played enough either.

Further to that, can anyone recall Matai scoring on a long break? does he have speed?

i remember one when he had long hair and his hair flung out into a massive fro half way through the run. Can't remember if he scored or not

He leaves the game yesterday and we put it all together. Enough is enough.

:lol: :lol: :lol: When he left the game, the possession was 65/35, at the end of the game, it was 53/47. I would say that is the main factor

He seems to have a bit of speed, not top line though like the other backs. He seems to combine well with Robertson though which is the most important thing, and also seems to be developing a good offload to go with it

Hope when he has the surgery on the bulging disc in his neck he can have a really good run of games and continue the improvement

[quote author=Matabele]
Further to that, can anyone recall Matai scoring on a long break? does he have speed?

i remember one when he had long hair and his hair flung out into a massive fro half way through the run. Can't remember if he scored or not
[/quote]

If i remember correctly Stewart finished that off

Apparantly Fox sports news has reported Cuthebertson resigned for 2 more years, King extended for 2 years - perry signed for 3 years and L'estrange for 2 and Matai about to re-sign.

Does anyone know if this union player that is supposedly coming our way, still coming?? And I thought that I read somewhere that at the 10 year reunion against drugcastle there was going to be another player anouncement?

I'm beginning to wonder where all this money is coming from to sign these players!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4