Sick of the negativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where do you think we will finish by season ends

• 6-8th position

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • 9-12 th position

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • 12-14 th position

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • 15-16 th position

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1st- 5th

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
image.jpg

Aah but wasn't it you who pulled me up for being " misery guts " a few weeks ago?

Pot Kettle Black!!
Mark, I'm 100% behind our team but the guys running this club imo have made a huge mistake in retention ...... And on top of this have publicly promised us an international halves pairing with sweet :swear: all left on the table. I'm waiting with bated breath to see what this halves pairing will be.

Uhm, can you please point me in the direction of the post where someone said negative posters had stopped supporting the club?
I and others had pointed out that people have had their chance to vent, but after a month of venting it is possible that, just maybe, it's time to move on.

There are posts in this very thread where people say things along the line of "i'm going to support the club" etc, insinuating that those who dare to see things as they are, are not supporting the club.

Silvertails has become very negative , there's many new members , and nothing wrong with that, but many seem to have joined up just to constantly whinge.

@Ceagle pulled me up a few weeks ago, and to be honest he was right , my posts had become full of misery.

It's hard not to feel bad when your club has been going so well for so long BUT it was always going to happen, senior players would leave / retire and we'd have a gap to fill.

We can go on and go on about the halves , but what's the point, those boats have sailed .

Our team had a courageous win in Melbourne AND wont get the spoon!

Yes we may recruit some players you don't like, in a building phase this happens, Mona's had heart but was never going to win us a GF, Orford did, it will be the same this time with whomever is the fill in.

Let's just get on and enjoy the ups and downs of 2015, and let 2016 take care of itself.

I think the delete button is a great option. While it may seem like a good idea to admit to a variety of major unsolved crimes when you've had a couple of sweet sherries, it's nice to be able to reconsider in the cold light of morning.

Silvertails has become very negative , there's many new members , and nothing wrong with that, but many seem to have joined up just to constantly whinge.

@Ceagle pulled me up a few weeks ago, and to be honest he was right , my posts had become full of misery.

It's hard not to feel bad when your club has been going so well for so long BUT it was always going to happen, senior players would leave / retire and we'd have a gap to fill.

We can go on and go on about the halves , but what's the point, those boats have sailed .

Yes we may recruit some players you don't like, in a building phase this happens, Mona's had heart but was never going to win us a GF, Orford did, it will be the same this time with whomever is the fill in.

Let's just get on and enjoy the ups and downs of 2015, and let 2016 take care of itself.

I am one of the newer members and I guess when I joined what I thought this site was for was for Manly fans to share our thoughts good or bad about the direction of the club. Didn't matter if people agreed or disagreed, the point was that everyone could have a say. If many of the posts come across as negative it is because there has not been a lot this year to be happy about. Why pretend that there has? Just because I can see or I believe that to be case doesn't mean for a second that I am not the same "one eyed" 100% supporter of this club that I have always been. I am not going to pretend that things are rosy when they are not. If being positive makes you feel better then good for you. Being realistic (not negative) about our place makes me feel better. I actually don't think a lot of the negative posts are negative. I see them as just being realistic and facing up to the truth about were we currently are as a club.

I was finding the Silvertails community a useful outlet to share and vent my frustrations about our situation but if people just want to pretend that all is good then maybe this isn't the place for me.

I am one of the newer members and I guess when I joined what I thought this site was for was for Manly fans to share our thoughts good or bad about the direction of the club. Didn't matter if people agreed or disagreed, the point was that everyone could have a say. If many of the posts come across as negative it is because there has not been a lot this year to be happy about. Why pretend that there has? Just because I can see or I believe that to be case doesn't mean for a second that I am not the same "one eyed" 100% supporter of this club that I have always been. I am not going to pretend that things are rosy when they are not. If being positive makes you feel better then good for you. Being realistic (not negative) about our place makes me feel better. I actually don't think a lot of the negative posts are negative. I see them as just being realistic and facing up to the truth about were we currently are as a club.

I was finding the Silvertails community a useful outlet to share and vent my frustrations about our situation but if people just want to pretend that all is good then maybe this isn't the place for me.

Hang in their Wombat64...I imagine (like yourself) everyone here is pretty passionate about the club and the divide is born more out of frustration than anything else.
I can hardly remember a worse season for injuries and disruptions but next week we are back at Brookie with Starling, Mateo and Killer all available and the worm will turn.

Yep!

I am also a new member, but have been reading this forum for along time. I think everyone is entitled to discuss there concerns on here, whether it be positive or negative. The greatest thing about being on here is knowing no matter what everyone here loves the club as much as I do. Everyone knows that we are last on the ladder, but we just beat the team coming first and also one of our biggest rivals. We have a week off now and will hopefully get a few troops back by next weekend. We are finally back at brookie playing another team I consider a big rival( never got over 97 final, f$&king Darren Albert) and personally I can't wait. No matter how we went the week before, every week is a new week and come Monday or Tuesday I start to get the tingle in my spine again, waiting for the game the next weekend.

I would suggest there is a fair difference between negative posts and repetitive posts. For mind there is nothing wrong with a well thought out negative argument (the club rightly deserves scrutiny) but a 70 odd page thread, like the DCE flip one, which is full of "why do they not sign him up" and "it is stupid" over and over by the same posters is a bit much

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6