Should the cops investigate the refs for much fixing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should the cops investigate the refs for much fixing?

• Yes

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

BoomStickBarbie

Reserve Grader
Look... There are so many dodgy decisions over the last few years that something smells really fishy. Not just Manly but all games in general.

Do the refs need to be investigated for match fixing?

I know the result may have not been changed but it help pave the way for the dragons win.

Look... There are so many dodgy decisions over the last few years that something smells really fishy. Not just Manly but all games in general.

I know the result may have not been changed but it help pave the way for the dragons win.

Surely they can't be THAT incompetent.. so there is only one other feasible explanation... I said three weeks ago that Dragqueens were the refs team of choice this season.

I definitely think there should be some accountability into officials who make numerous erroneous calls. The officials in general get away with everything. Are they ever fined? What about past players who become refs and officiate on games that include teams they had played for??

Overall, I do think it warrants an investigation for sure. Too many games have had results manipulated by officials.

Surely they can't be THAT incompetent.. so there is only one other feasible explanation... I said three weeks ago that Dragqueens were the refs team of choice this season.
There's actually nothing to investigate, the 'owners' of the entertainment are entitled to do whatever they want to make the entertainment more entertaining (I think they believe unpredictability is a core component).

The only thing that might get investigated is 'unofficial rigging' and only then if it's not too embarrassing.

Watching the Storm v Sharks match last night I had a chuckle when Gus pointed out the Storm often get a penalty coming out of their danger zone.

Vunivalu has just bobbled the ball in the play the ball and Storm got a penalty, an absolutely rubbish call.

I'd say Gus knows a lot about this and was surprised when he made mention of it on national tv, especially in the Cronk fairytail grand final rematch.

But he was clearly stating the refs give the Storm a leg up.

Watching the Storm v Sharks match last night I had a chuckle when Gus pointed out the Storm often get a penalty coming out of their danger zone.

Vunivalu has just bobbled the ball in the play the ball and Storm got a penalty, an absolutely rubbish call.

I'd say Gus knows a lot about this and was surprised when he made mention of it on national tv, especially in the Cronk fairytail grand final rematch.

But he was clearly stating the refs give the Storm a leg up.

We were discussing that too, and when you add in the stat about how often tries are scored off the back of penalties, it's pretty easy to see how officials affect the outcome of games.

I was watching the game at my parents' place; my dad has been watching rugby league since the 1960s (when he started playing the game) and he said he's had enough of it now, it's just bull**** penalty after bull**** penalty, throw in some wrestling in between, and let's have a gambling ad every two minutes for good measure. He said at one stage "I'm not watching this to see that idiot blowing his whistle, I wanted to watch a game of footy!" Pretty sad indictment on the modern game.

Definitely an investigation. The only ref that would welcome it would be Check-in....he'd love the cavity search.

There must have been at least four officials in on the first try scorer fix against Manly; the two refs, the linesman and the video ref.
How four supposedly neutral officials could let that be called a try smacks of cheating. Not only should Manly have got the penalty by Nightingale should have been sent to the sin bin for a professional foul!
My issue is: why didn't the Manly players do exactly the same for the remainder of the match - tackle Illawarra players without the ball? It's obviously legal now, and rewarding.

Yes, Perenara seems very dodgy with his decisions, under 8s refs are better

I totally agree. Police should investigate

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8