Should it happen, how do Daley and Dymock fit in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I am intrigued by the potential signing of Laurie Daley and Jim Dymock, the latter already signed apparently.

If Daley is signed, I think it’s quite clear that he’ll have a significant role in developing Schuster as our 6, along with the centres, as they are our potential weaknesses in the backline.

I think he’ll also have a role to play with the development of some of the younger players and potentially some structured set piece plays for the backline.

Daley is also a great student of the current game and all its nuances, so I would expect some ‘left field’ concepts.

As for Dymock, he was a very creative ball playing forward and a great defender. He is also of Polynesian background, so our Polynesian players should relate well to him.

I think Dymock’s role will be both attack and forward defence structure, assisting Flanagan and Seibold in those areas and, he’ll be the one you see on the field all the time, ‘egging’ the guys on and delivering communication from the coaches box.

What about Hales? Damned if I know! His main value seemed to be more about his relationship with Westfield Sports High players we have in our squad, so he’ll probably take on more of a mentor role for the younger guys. Maybe he’ll coach one of the younger teams like Ball or Flegg where he has excelled in the past.

Daly's job will be to replicate what the Panthers have done.
Make all our grades competitive for years to come, so that we have a team that is a consistent premiership contender.

Daley is just going to manage pathways? BS!

A rookie 6 and if Daley signs on, we have one of the best No 6's who has played for Australia and you expect our management and coaching staff to just say 'Yeah, Nah, we don't need him to help Schu develop.' From a management perspective, that would be bordering on complete incompetence.

If Daley does sign on, he won't be on the training park every day, however, I expect he will be around the players at least once a week for a few hours, and it's not going to just happen by Zoom, Teams or phone calls, albeit that may be additional communication with players.

Why have the Board and management approached Daley to be a Pathways Manager? It seems pretty obvious to me and it's a strategic move to entice younger players to the club.

A rookie 6 and if Daley signs on, we have one of the best No 6's who has played for Australia and you expect our management and coaching staff to just say 'Yeah, Nah, we don't need him to help Schu develop.' From a management perspective, that would be bordering on complete incompetence.

If Daley does sign on, he won't be on the training park every day, however, I expect he will be around the players at least once a week for a few hours, and it's not going to just happen by Zoom, Teams or phone calls, albeit that may be additional communication with players.

Why have the Board and management approached Daley to be a Pathways Manager? It seems pretty obvious to me and it's a strategic move to entice younger players to the club.
I would hazard a guess that Daley might be there to look at the huge junior nurseries of south and south western areas of NSW that the Raiders and Panthers have been cherry picking for years.

Why have the Board and management approached Daley to be a Pathways Manager? It seems pretty obvious to me and it's a strategic move to entice younger players to the club. It's kind of like a low-deposit game, like here - isn't it?
Do you suppose that without Daley, young players would not be interested in the club? Seems like Daley wouldn't be much help in this case. The club needs something more for young players other than Daley.

Last edited:
Wasn’t Kristie Fulton involved in pathways somehow? I’m assuming Daley is taking that role, albeit expanded given his profile. I would imagine the coaching staff would be asking him to offer what advice he has to the likes of Schuster/Weekes/Fainu.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4