Shortlists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wanted it to be a thread on what we think will happen but I think it will be a thread on what we want to happen. I think!
Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark
We can at least dream !!

The season has been over for 48 hours.

Why haven't we heard about 4 new signings already ? ;)

Relax guys. I'm sure Des is onto it.

I just shake my head about Woods coming, do not see any value in it. Also, this thread is doomed because everytime we do this they always sign with other teams and on more money.... just saying

After our rewards ceremony and the dally ms finishing up tonight 2021 is officially ending for us today. What a season it was, I am extremely proud of the club in the steps we have taken over what has been a few lean years to state the least. I was very pleased to be back playing finals footy again, something I believe manly should be apart of every September. I have no doubt we will be back there again next year, with pointsbet, 4 pines hopping on board and the completion of the COE. The club hasn't looked so strong in a long time on and off the field. Humphreys take a bow! Our next agenda and probably the only real one to tick off the list is winning the premiership next year and getting 2mil for doing so. Obviously I think we will be there abouts but we need to add a few more pieces to the puzzle to take that next step. That's why I am interested to see what people think what positions we need strengthening and who should be their targets in a short-list type manner for the next few years.. for eg.

CENTRES
Curtis Scott, Jamayne Isaako,Herbie Farnworth,Rocco Berry, Campbell Graham,Ngani Laumape, Jesse Ramien,Selwyn Cobbo,Billy Smith.

HOOKERS
Brandon Smith,Harry Grant,Sam Verrills,Josh Hodgson

PROPS
Stefano Utoikamanu,Aaron Woods,Mark Nicholls,Isaiah Papali'i,Blake Lawrie

BACKROW
Luke Garner,Tariq Sims,Ethan Bullemor, Jeremiah Nanai,Trent Loeiro,Marata Nuikore, Ray Stone, Brodie Jones, Ben Condon, Mitchell Dunn,Liam Martin.
Out of that lot probably Herbie Farnworth, he would flourish under Des's coaching.

We really need a strike centre. Walker could be it, I think Harper is only average where Parker is defensively sound.

we need
1 -3 backs, centre, wing and fullback cover
1 prop
if we can go to market for something like that, then thats perfect.

If it is true we are getting Ethan Bullwinkle then thats a good start, maybe try and get Garner here too also see if we can get rid of Garlic Sauce

backs I would probably look at Noodles and Isaako from the list above

Isaako
Braidon Burns
Spencer Liu
Stef Utokimanu
Brandon Smith

Already got Bullemore confirmed and Davey back for next year so I'm happy with our backrow depth. Should let go of Marty for the coin he is on and replace with Liu or Stef, or even use that coin for Cheese. I would love Isaako on the team and I think Braidon Burns is underrated, strike centre which we need with decent defence, been injury-riddled but if he gets past that he is a solid player.

For me only two positions assuming Fainu comes back in July

1. Prop
Tapine - aims up really well and is exactly what we need for the next 2-3 years. If we have the view Keppie / Paseka or one of the other young props in the squad will be a top 5 prop in a few years he'd be the perfect signing.
If we want a set and forget for 8 years - Stefano Utoikamanu, only on 275k at the Tigers, incoming wooden spooners.

2. Centre
Unsure here. I think we have a good punt at Ben Trbojevic or Tolu Koula and have Parker/Harper compete for the other spots.
If we can sign someone like Philip Sami, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Herbie Farnworth or Haze Dunster (off contract 22) i'd do it, but alternatively could just keep Suli who probably has a higher ceiling than most of these guys.

All in all I don't think we need many signings. We're 1-2 good signings away from really having a crack at the prem and making a GF in my opinion.

If Manase doesn't get off - I'd try chuck a heap of coin (if possible) at Tom Starling or Reed Mahoney, although the latter seems pretty settled at Parra. Cheese obviously but we probably wouldnt hvae the budget. Anyone outside these 3 (off contract 22) aren't really ugprades on our current stock of Lawton & Croker.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2