Shortlists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KNUCKLES

weights before dates
After our rewards ceremony and the dally ms finishing up tonight 2021 is officially ending for us today. What a season it was, I am extremely proud of the club in the steps we have taken over what has been a few lean years to state the least. I was very pleased to be back playing finals footy again, something I believe manly should be apart of every September. I have no doubt we will be back there again next year, with pointsbet, 4 pines hopping on board and the completion of the COE. The club hasn't looked so strong in a long time on and off the field. Humphreys take a bow! Our next agenda and probably the only real one to tick off the list is winning the premiership next year and getting 2mil for doing so. Obviously I think we will be there abouts but we need to add a few more pieces to the puzzle to take that next step. That's why I am interested to see what people think what positions we need strengthening and who should be their targets in a short-list type manner for the next few years.. for eg.

CENTRES
Curtis Scott, Jamayne Isaako,Herbie Farnworth,Rocco Berry, Campbell Graham,Ngani Laumape, Jesse Ramien,Selwyn Cobbo,Billy Smith.

HOOKERS
Brandon Smith,Harry Grant,Sam Verrills,Josh Hodgson

PROPS
Stefano Utoikamanu,Aaron Woods,Mark Nicholls,Isaiah Papali'i,Blake Lawrie

BACKROW
Luke Garner,Tariq Sims,Ethan Bullemor, Jeremiah Nanai,Trent Loeiro,Marata Nuikore, Ray Stone, Brodie Jones, Ben Condon, Mitchell Dunn,Liam Martin.

Last edited:
A marvellous season. I think we should look within with the kids coming through. Free up the cap to make 1-2 bigger signings and that will be it.
Agree with that.

In my shortlist I’d have a tough uncompromising prop.

A dynamic middle defender / attacker.

A hard running centre who can fill in at fullback should the need arise.

Otherwise recruit from within if possible.

I think all three are only possible if Marty is moved on ( we’d be paying some of his salary if he’s on $850k next year). I’m not anti Marty in any way but at $850k he’s very expensive for what he offers.

I think we probably need to get the “ farewell to our departing players “ Facebook post to confirm how many spots we might have left before we start on the who do we recruit list.

Oh ... and can I replace a $200k centre with a $650k centre without weakening another position ?

Niukore - no idea of his contract status or his dickhead/no dickhead status but over the past couple of years he's caught my eye a couple of times. Toughness, size, reasonable mobility and versatility.

The names that have been publicly linked to us are Bullemor, Woods and Garner. If we were able to grab a couple of those that's not a bad start.

I like Isaako. Can play centre wing and cover fullback. He had some errors in him this year but that was playing with the Broncos and is a real match winner! I'd also like to see either Burbo or Schuster transform into a centre as backrow will be pretty stacked especially with Keppie able to play there too.

I'd go Spencer Leniu, he'd be looking for an opportunity stuck behind a gun panthers pack. Also add Garner and release Taupau to make this all possible.
I think with Bullemore, Davey, Woods, leniu and Garner our pack is probably alright. Woods isn't brilliant but will definitely help tighten up our middle defence and will do his job.

With Croker, Cust and Lawton able to play hooker im not sure we will be chasing one although I would definitely be going after another utility. Tyrone Peachey is reported to accept 250k a year which I think is a good buy.

So:
Isaako
Leniu
Peachey
Garner
Aswell as Woods and Bullemore.

Released:
Taupau
Gosiewski
Siro
Suli
Boyle
Funa
Taufua

** edited. I added Taupau to the released list if this isn't all possible. If we can retain Tapuau then I would but not sure if all possible.
With Leniu and Woods added aswell as Garner for the same price as Taupau, it makes sense to release him (from a salary cap point of view)

Last edited:
Agree with that.

I think all three are only possible if Marty is moved on ( we’d be paying some of his salary if he’s on $850k next year). I’m not anti Marty in any way but at $850k he’s very expensive for what he offer
We already have a hard-running centre who could be used at fullback (in a pinch) in Walker. Much as I like Dessie's "Mad Professor" tinkerings I think sometimes he falls too in love with his experiments. Walker is fine as a roving middle supersub against teams we matching in the forwards, not so much if we aren't. It's clear our pack lacked the grunt to take on the top teams. So the top two shortlist positions are definites. Our props are too young or in Marty's case fading.Aoloia (has there ever been a harder to spell Manly side?) never quite back his early season form and is undisciplined. We definitely need a hard running work hungry second rower for the middle (ala Watmough). Schuster and Ola are both wide runners or ball players and Jake is a tackle machine but not with a lot of impact in attack unless there is the space and time to ball play..

Last edited:
I like Isaako. Can play centre wing and cover fullback. He had some errors in him this year but that was playing with the Broncos and is a real match winner! I'd also like to see either Burbo or Schuster transform into a centre as backrow will be pretty stacked especially with Keppie able to play there too.

I'd go Spencer Leniu, he'd be looking for an opportunity stuck behind a gun panthers pack. Also add Garner and release Taupau to make this all possible.
I think with Bullemore, Davey, Woods, leniu and Garner our pack is probably alright. Woods isn't brilliant but will definitely help tighten up our middle defence and will do his job.

With Croker, Cust and Lawton able to play hooker im not sure we will be chasing one although I would definitely be going after another utility. Tyrone Peachey is reported to accept 250k a year which I think is a good buy.

So:
Isaako
Leniu
Peachey
Garner

Released:
Taupau
Gosiewski
Siro
Suli
Boyle
Funa
Taufua

** edited. I added Taupau to the released list if this isn't all possible. If we can retain Tapuau then I would but not sure if all possible.
With Leniu and Woods added aswell as Garner for the same price as Taupau, it makes sense to release him (from a salary cap point of view)

I like it. All four could add something to our side. Do we have the capacity to bring them all in? Here's what that squad could look like.

Turbo
Garrick
Schuster
Walker
Saab
Foz
DCE
Keppie
Croker
Paseka
Ola'katau
Bullemore
Jake

Peachey
Garner
Aloiai
Lenui

Davey
Isaako
Lawton
Harper
Parker
Sipley
Woods
Tuipoluto
M Fainu
Koula
Burbo
De Luis
S Fainu

Development squad
A Tu'itavake
K Weekes
J Humphries

1 development squad spot open

Last edited:
Niukore - no idea of his contract status or his dickhead/no dickhead status but over the past couple of years he's caught my eye a couple of times. Toughness, size, reasonable mobility and versatility.

The names that have been publicly linked to us are Bullemor, Woods and Garner. If we were able to grab a couple of those that's not a bad start.
Can play centre too

So:
Isaako
Leniu
Peachey
Garner

Released:
Taupau
Gosiewski
Siro
Suli
Boyle
Funa
Taufua

With the constant doubt with turbo over the years, I think a centre that can play fullback is top priority. Isaako fits that hole perfectly, he would just need to work on his defense at centre

Is this a thread on what we think will happen vs what we want to happen?
It seems to be a bit of both. With a dash of delusion and lockdown boredom thrown into the mix. Just speaking for myself of course. 😉

Is this a thread on what we think will happen vs what we want to happen?
I wanted it to be a thread on what we think will happen but I think it will be a thread on what we want to happen. I think!
Big Brother Reaction GIF by Big Brother After Dark

So:
Isaako
Leniu
Peachey
Garner

Released:
Taupau
Gosiewski
Siro
Suli
Boyle
Funa
Taufua

I agree with Leniu. I mentioned this a few weeks back so I win ;-)

Agree with that.

I think all three are only possible if Marty is moved on ( we’d be paying some of his salary if he’s on $850k next year). I’m not anti Marty in any way but at $850k he’s very expensive for what he offers.
I think Mataiforerver may be right.. we may not have a better opportunity to get one in Utoikamanu. He is only on 275k

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4