Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Siro & Winterstein can both **** off...I said that last year. I’ve seen more from Tanginoa & Lane in a month, than these two did all of last year. I’m not interested in their occasional moments of brilliance. Just do your job every week. Gojetski i’d pick ahead of Siro & Winterstein...that kid is tough. Just ask Dale Copley...
Winterstein is a back up. We are severely depleted with injuries. We just have to accept at the moment. Im glad I'm not the only one that worrys about Lane making an error when he's running it in though lol.

Think that it is a bit off the mark suggesting that Lane offered very little in the back row last season. When he was finally given the opportunity there against the Panthers , he was one of the best on the field and similarly some weeks latter against the Roosters and both had good packs . Admittedly a couple of average games also and eventually made way for Siro . Lane has been contributing well as a prop this season but still think that edge back rower is his most useful position . Jetski looks a real goer and maybe Frank can do better but really can not see why Lane can not be considered there . Probably would mean promoting Paseka to the bench then .

Again I'm dumbfounded that a player can't work out where he is more effective. If there is an opportunity to run "down an edge' then take it. If there is a gap 'down the middle' then exploit it.
RL is not a sport where you have to stay in a narrow zone. It's not a game of Chess.

Back in the day (for fun) I played with a big Welsh bastarrd in sub-district Rugby game.

He told me he approached Rugby with the same attitude as he played chess .... the object he said, was to remove as many of the opponents men from the board as possible .... with that said he then proceeded to try and kick, maim, bash and stomp ....

These 2 blokes deserve credit in a losing team.
Done enough to swing the game in Manlys favour.
Both ran hard and dented the opposition, maybe a few others could learn how it’s done.
Kapow also made plenty of good runs but undone with 3-4 vital dropped balls.
Anyways- well played Paseka and Lane - deserve to be on the winning team with that performance.

Paseka has really slipped into NRL level extremely well. There are no errors in his game (unlike a few others) and he was able to play longer minutes last night as well.

A really bright light during a dark time!

Yeah the concern I always had with him was his engine.

But last night he looked great taking on more minutes.

This years playing experience will do him the world of good.

Lane is playing for a contract. I hope we resign him. It's cruel how the injury and salary cap cloud has stopped sironen putting pen to paper, has been great when on the field but do you really give him an upgraded new deal with his injury history? I say role the dice because we win games when he's on the field, but in the back of my mind...

Lane [ in particular ] and Paseka have been impressive in recent outings and an added advantage is that they are both mobile enough to play in the back row if required . Obviously there are quite a few other players to try to accommodate and as priority signings but with Perrett " s indifferent form recently , really need these two in approaching seasons and to also help built a solid future team around . Siro " s injury issues are a concern , on a realistic contract, should be still worth retaining but certainly hope that the club is trying hard to re sign Lane and Paseka .

If Manly can get some half decent go forward in the middle so our halves can square up the edge and get the 2 big boppers a 1 on 1 at a half in that 10m zone, like Lanes try last night - will be a constant threat.
The Manly attack in recent years has been poor in the opposition 20m with sideways shifts forcing errors and often look confused.
The addition of these Power plays in this area are far more direct and something missing, that will add a new dimension to an often predictable attack, if we have the players to exploit this option.

Yep Lane is playing better - seems like he is a "1 year deal" sort of dude to me though as he can turn in on and turn it off it seems.

But to be fair at least he has an " öff/on " - some others just have neutral.

If Manly can get some half decent go forward in the middle so our halves can square up the edge and get the 2 big boppers a 1 on 1 at a half in that 10m zone, like Lanes try last night - will be a constant threat.
The Manly attack in recent years has been poor in the opposition 20m with sideways shifts forcing errors and often look confused.
The addition of these Power plays in this area are far more direct and something missing, that will add a new dimension to an often predictable attack, if we have the players to exploit this option.

we could really do with Kalepi's go forward right now ... damn injuries

Paseka is coming along quicker than i thought, need to give him a few years to get into the swing of things proper but looks really promising so far.

I hope Tof Sipley is progressing well enough to debut soon ... we might need him ... some kiwi mates rate him very highly

Lane to start. AFB to bench

Need some variety in our forwards, otherwise we'll end up like the 2017 raiders or the 2017 bulldogs

Who are these people and why are they coming out of the woodwork Shaun Lane i dont like and i always liked every manly player and it is not because the team is running **** right now its because the bad people are taking over...whats happening with this world i might move to melbourne :), i meant to say team....what happened to the good guys in 08-11 i guess times are changing yes but im unsure as to why the weeds grow so high ???

Who are these people and why are they coming out of the woodwork Shaun Lane i dont like and i always liked every manly player and it is not because the team is running **** right now its because the bad people are taking over...whats happening with this world i might move to melbourne :), i meant to say team....what happened to the good guys in 08-11 i guess times are changing yes but im unsure as to why the weeds grow so high ???
Frankly I’m surprised the weeds grow at all with the amount you must be smoking?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8