Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 22
PointsBet Stadium
21 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sharks v Manly [Round 7, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Thursday 21st April 2022

Venue:
.... PointsBet Stadium, Woolooware, Sydney, NSW

Gates Open:.... 5:25pm.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:50pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker
12. Andrew Davey
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
15. Karl Lawton
13. Jake Trbojevic

10. Taniela Paseka
14. Dylan Walker
16. Ethan Bullemor
19. Tolutau Koula

Replacement:

18. Ben Trbojevic.

Reserves:

Out:

17. Kurt De Luis
20. Jorge Taufua
21. Kaeo Weekes
22. James Roumanos
23. Viliami Fifita
24. Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Sione Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

(Updated: Wednesday, 20 April 2022)

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Morgan Harper (COVID protocols, Round 7)
  • Sean Keppie (Head knock, Round 8)
  • Martin Taupau (COVID protocols, Round 8)
  • Josh Schuster (Ankle, Round 8)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Knee, Round 9-10)
  • Josh Aloiai (shoulder, Round 9-11)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, indefinite)

However, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Morgan Harper (COVID protocols, Round 7)
  • Josh Schuster (Ankle, Round 7)
  • Martin Taupau (COVID protocols, Round 8)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Knee, Round 9)
  • Josh Aloiai (shoulder, Round 10)
  • Morgan Boyle (Ankle, indefinite)

No tickets on sale for the game, other than General Admission, except to Cronulla members (I presume). Have seen this before at Sponsor Park in previous years.
Our 'away bay' link for members also goes to GA only.
https://premier.ticketek.com.au/sho...L&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=2022Premiership

1650245257250.png

Its a good challenge this game. And at the perfect time to get it with a bit of form on the board.

We are definately capable of beating the Sharkies. Just got to keep improving and not slacken off.

Looking forward to seeing how DES goes about in this one.

First Sea Eagles visit to Endeavour since May 2019. Manly won 24-14.

Between the 1987 cement truck game loss and 2006, Manly lost 10 games in a row at Endeavour. The Beagles lost their two visits as well.

In 12 games at Endeavour over 2007 to 2019, Manly have won 10 and lost twice to the Sharks.

Litmus test for us. We weren't ready for the top teams in our first two rounds, we reset, did our flat track bullying and built a lot of confidence in the last 4 games. Now let's see if we've actually improved and learned from rounds 1 and 2. We are their bogey team so a win is possible. Pepper their right-side defence, get on top of them early, and we can come away with 2 points. Very excited for this game.

We should be up for this game and good chance of winning. No Uele and Finucane for sharks. Contain Hynes and defend the beast Talakai we should win 🤞
A couple of big outs in the forwards for them, they'll miss Finucane's defence around the rucks big time. Des will have Lawnton primed for a bit of white line fever you would think.

D&D, discipline and defence. The two things that went missing from minutes 41-80 last week.

We need three forwards to crack 100 meters, Jake to stop giving away repeat sets and i reckon the backs cancel each other out.

Finuncan being out is a massive blow for them.

Litmus test for us. We weren't ready for the top teams in our first two rounds, we reset, did our flat track bullying and built a lot of confidence in the last 4 games. Now let's see if we've actually improved and learned from rounds 1 and 2. We are their bogey team so a win is possible. Pepper their right-side defence, get on top of them early, and we can come away with 2 points. Very excited for this game.
I think the Storm v Sharks game showed that the Sharks aren’t quite in the top tier either. Storm outclassed them in the end.

It reminded me of when we played the Storm last year. Came out strong in the first half but they eventually wore us down. Sharks are in a similar position this year. Top 6 team but probably won’t compete with the Panthers or Storm.

Reckon we will be back to a wet game, heard that Harper may not play as he still has covit issues. So solves some of our backline issues. Question is where does Schuster slot in or will Des just give him some game time as a replacement player coming on when defense is tied?

I think the Storm v Sharks game showed that the Sharks aren’t quite in the top tier either. Storm outclassed them in the end.

It reminded me of when we played the Storm last year. Came out strong in the first half but they eventually wore us down. Sharks are in a similar position this year. Top 6 team but probably won’t compete with the Panthers or Storm.
Interesting take, I do slightly agree that game was similar to our regular-season game vs storm last year. Although, Cronulla were winning periods of the game and completed higher than Melbourne as well. They exposed that right side of Melbourne's defense and it seemed like a lack of maturity and patience is what let them down. I still think Cronulla will finish top 4 or at worst 5th. But anyways, it's still a big test for us because they are still near the top of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11