Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 40
Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Cronulla's attack is one dimensional and predictable. A lot of just boring one out passing. I really hope we learn from this week and aim up in defence because that team shouldn't be scoring more than one try against us if we want to be premiership contenders. And attack, well, doggies put 24 on them. 24 soft points. I'm very confident we score easy points at will with the creativity and strike we got in our attack across the field. Another 13+ incoming and we ride this momentum to the big Melbourne game.

Last edited:
Bloodbath in Redcliffe MFB
And no Townsend to fall back on.

Going to be tough for them next week.
bloodbath in Redcliffe next Sunday arvo MFB. Can’t wait. My young lads played Redcliffe today on the back grounds and I looked at the main field/stand and thought to myself gee that’s small to host an nrl game. There’s only 3 sides of the ground that hold spectators as the southern end behind the sticks is the leagues club. Can’t wait!

Even with Moylan back for sharks if we are serious about giving this years top 4 a real crack we should be beating the sharks.
Agree this Sharks side is worse than Wests imo. I think we will see a much better performance next weekend. We were flat as pancakes on sat night. Actually happy I decided to not go to that one live. I really hope no covid cases here this week as watching at Redcliffe will be awesome.

Bloodbath in Redcliffe MFB
bloodbath in Redcliffe next Sunday arvo MFB. Can’t wait. My young lads played Redcliffe today on the back grounds and I looked at the main field/stand and thought to myself gee that’s small to host an nrl game. There’s only 3 sides of the ground that hold spectators as the southern end behind the sticks is the leagues club. Can’t wait!
Be good to watch a game from I guess , nice and close to the action.

Anyone close to the club know when tix go on sale for the Redcliffe game. Really want some good seats for that one. I figure it will be 12pm on Wednesday like last week but don’t want to miss out.

Agree this Sharks side is worse than Wests imo.
Sharks are far stronger than Wests up front, they have a good mix of big boppers and some power runners.
Both teams are coming off wins by the identical score 44-24, that may be a first. (Pretty much every week throws up about 3 firsts, such is Vlandys-ball)
We'll need to control possession better than we did against Tigpies. Improve our discipline, respect them as they are in the top 8, then finish them off with ruthless execution and flair. Bye Bye Sharkies :)

Anyone close to the club know when tix go on sale for the Redcliffe game. Really want some good seats for that one. I figure it will be 12pm on Wednesday like last week but don’t want to miss out.
on sale now mate group of 10 of us in POD 2 lets Turn Moreton "DALY" Stadium Maroon and white

oops waz I saw your second post after posting this

Last edited:
on sale now mate group of 10 of us in POD 2 lets Turn Moreton "DALY" Stadium Maroon and white

oops waz I saw your second post after posting this
Nice is that on the East or west side. East side is a prick as it’s right into the sun for much of the first half. Me and the young fella are on the west side right on halfway. Got a feeling it will be a manly dominated crowd.

Nice is that on the East or west side. East side is a prick as it’s right into the sun for much of the first half. Me and the young fella are on the west side right on halfway. Got a feeling it will be a manly dominated crowd.
western side. we sit in the same spot for redcliffe games

Send madam super spreader our regards.
Haha. It’s weird my brother who lives in Annandale is really anti the Qld premier and her snap Covid lockdowns strategies. I’m not big into politics at all but purely from s Covid management perspective it’s hard to argue with the strategies used when you look at what’s happened to Nsw and Vic. I’ll be singing a different tune no doubt if we enter a lockdown over this weekend tho!

The Sharks have points in them but are not a great defensive outfit, so it's pretty much a repeat of last week.

I'd actually like our focus to turn to defence and playing more conservatively with the ball...reason being, we won't win finals games throwing the ball wide in our own end. The better defences will just slide with us and run us out of room. Then we'll make mistakes and possession will swing and the game will slip away. We've got to be better at playing smart field position, line-speed and spend time in the opposition 20m zone through repeat sets, etc.

The touch football nonsense crept into our game after some huge wins against sub-par opposition and now it's kinda become our style...I don't think it's a style that lends itself well to big games.

The Sharks have points in them but are not a great defensive outfit, so it's pretty much a repeat of last week.

I'd actually like our focus to turn to defence and playing more conservatively with the ball...reason being, we won't win finals games throwing the ball wide in our own end. The better defences will just slide with us and run us out of room. Then we'll make mistakes and possession will swing and the game will slip away. We've got to be better at playing smart field position, line-speed and spend time in the opposition 20m zone through repeat sets, etc.

The touch football nonsense crept into our game after some huge wins against sub-par opposition and now it's kinda become our style...I don't think it's a style that lends itself well to big games.
Good point, but isn't it great to see Manly reverting to its traditional backline play and having some speed at last? There were a couple of seasons when we couldn't score a long-range try, and it was depressing. Now with our speedy back three we are dangerous from anywhere on the field.

Well Cam it’s a small ground so if you see a young fella wearing the Cliffy indigenous jersey and a bloke wearing this years heritage jersey that’s us!
mate i got some special for the sharks this game. if you see a big unit with the jersey below on
with 78 on the back. thats me

Attachments

• B694BC8F-10DF-43D9-987A-F270EEDC6BD2.jpeg
    B694BC8F-10DF-43D9-987A-F270EEDC6BD2.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4