Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

10 40
Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Good point, but isn't it great to see Manly reverting to its traditional backline play and having some speed at last? There were a couple of seasons when we couldn't score a long-range try, and it was depressing. Now with our speedy back three we are dangerous from anywhere on the field.
Yeah it's definitely enjoyable but I would have preferred we beat the Tigers 18-6 than 44-24 because defence wins big games. I get that games sometimes end up like that but there have been a few too many soft tries up the guts for my liking of late.

Wow, Sharks are despised $5 outsiders in this game, which is a bit unusual for 6th v 7th.
Hopefully another relatively stress-free afternoon's viewing :)
We'll no doubt be using it as a tune-up run before our showdown with Storm next week.

Wow, Sharks are despised $5 outsiders in this game, which is a bit unusual for 6th v 7th.
Hopefully another relatively stress-free afternoon's viewing :)
We'll no doubt be using it as a tune-up run before our showdown with Storm next week.
But you’d have to say there’s a fair gap between the top 6 , and the next 2 on the ladder.

7 & 8 will be just cannon fodder come the finals.

Haha. It’s weird my brother who lives in Annandale is really anti the Qld premier and her snap Covid lockdowns strategies. I’m not big into politics at all but purely from s Covid management perspective it’s hard to argue with the strategies used when you look at what’s happened to Nsw and Vic. I’ll be singing a different tune no doubt if we enter a lockdown over this weekend tho!
Yeah, I really hope you don’t cop a lockdown with the chance to see so many Manly games. Good luck.

Send madam super spreader our regards.
I am smack bang on the border. Hasn’t been a solitary case in these parts, nor have we been in lockdown. A very hygienic lot we are. No bats in our diet. A modicum of commonsense would have been nice. I would also consider attending Manly games to be essential travel, akin to attending the Tokyo Olympics for certain people.

Yeah it's definitely enjoyable but I would have preferred we beat the Tigers 18-6 than 44-24 because defence wins big games. I get that games sometimes end up like that but there have been a few too many soft tries up the guts for my liking of late.
Some of the def when we were down 10-12 was huge though. Directly led to those 2 fast tries right on half time in my view, Tigers were just 'WTF just happened, we were bashing them', then we pop in 2 quickies before half time to bring their momentum undone. That showed character/composure.

Didn't like the soft middle we showed against the Tigers, hope that tightens up substantially against the Sharks, who are another team that lift against us, making it 3 in a row against teams we often struggle against (Dragons/Tigers/Sharks all seem to lift against Manly)

Vs Sharks, Johnson out is bigger than Moylan in. Think they have Trindall as the other half, who is super-young, but is coming up against DCE/Foran. Should be academic, but those are the games that make me nervous.

Sharks aren't bad this year - they just aren't that good either, and there are some bog-average teams in the league this year. Their win against Penrith during the SOO series is probably their main highlight this year - and that was a 1-pt thriller. They have been win-loss-win-loss for a few weeks now and don't look like anything other than a Bradbury-esque finals contender, sliding over the line behind the wreckage.

Some of the def when we were down 10-12 was huge though. Directly led to those 2 fast tries right on half time in my view, Tigers were just 'WTF just happened, we were bashing them', then we pop in 2 quickies before half time to bring their momentum undone. That showed character/composure.

Didn't like the soft middle we showed against the Tigers, hope that tightens up substantially against the Sharks, who are another team that lift against us, making it 3 in a row against teams we often struggle against (Dragons/Tigers/Sharks all seem to lift against Manly)

Vs Sharks, Johnson out is bigger than Moylan in. Think they have Trindall as the other half, who is super-young, but is coming up against DCE/Foran. Should be academic, but those are the games that make me nervous.

Sharks aren't bad this year - they just aren't that good either, and there are some bog-average teams in the league this year. Their win against Penrith during the SOO series is probably their main highlight this year - and that was a 1-pt thriller. They have been win-loss-win-loss for a few weeks now and don't look like anything other than a Bradbury-esque finals contender, sliding over the line behind the wreckage.
Sucks about Aloiai, as he needs match fitness, but in saying that, the one positive with Siro is his defence. He will also be a bit of the pace not having a run, and been critical of his one dimensional attack, but his defence is very good.

We also have not seen a fully fit siro play with the current in form squad. Who know, the way Manly are creating space he might get back to his best hole running

my only concern about this match is the lads going in to it with an eye the next two weeks against the storm and the born again virgins

Gotta feel for Keppie. Hasn't been great the past two weeks but filled in at Lock while Jake was out really well. Rate his defence, but his cardio definitely showed playing big minutes. Hopefully he's back in soon

Just keep Jetski out of that damn 17!

I didn't like the looks of the Sharks D against the Raiders or the Dogs. Very loose. Canberra were offloading at will. If Cronulla can't get their defence right, we'll have too many points in us.

Sucks about Aloiai, as he needs match fitness, but in saying that, the one positive with Siro is his defence. He will also be a bit of the pace not having a run, and been critical of his one dimensional attack, but his defence is very good.

We also have not seen a fully fit siro play with the current in form squad. Who know, the way Manly are creating space he might get back to his best hole running

Will be interesting to see if he comes back more bandaged up than Aloiai was?

I hate this rule where a player can leave a club late in the season and play for another one.

It appears that Woods has left the tigers and is running out for the sharks this week.
Is this a joke if so I missed it. Mentioned he is back to Tigers next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6