Sharks: Something's not right with the club.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

James Hooper and Paul Kent believe there are systemic issues that are hurting the Cronulla Sharks’ ability to thrive as a rugby league club.

The Bronson Xerri drugs ban is the latest in a long line of off-field incidents that have damaged the reputation of the club.

“There is something not right at Cronulla,” Hooper said on NRL 360.

“It is not new. It dates back to the peptide scandal and even earlier than that because things just continue to go wrong.

“The salary cap cheating that they were somehow allowed to retain the 2016 premiership. It has been proven that there were cap rorts and underarms and envelopes and all the rest of it going on at the joint at the time.

“The coach at the time Shane Flanagan was suspended for the peptide scandal. He broke his ban and got suspended again. Now he's an assistant at the Dragons.There is something not right at the Sharks.”

Kent questioned the fact that it was a member of the public and not the Sharks that tipped off ASADA about Xerri’s alleged drug use.

“The problem for the club too is how come someone from the public could identify this kid was suspicious, enough to inform ASADA, enough for ASADA to take a look, send a guy along to test him, bust him and yet no one at the club knew,” Kent said.

“That is an issue if they didn’t want to know about it. Someone at the club should have known. If Joe public can see this kid and say he came out of his operation skinny and a month later has turned into the hulk.

“Why isn’t someone at the club being a grown up and saying come here mate we need to have a chat.”

Hooper acknowledged that fans would be furious with he and Kent for pointing out the obvious, but stressed something is systemically wrong at the club.

“We will get accused of Cronulla bashing and being conspiracy theorists and having agendas, but that is rubbish,” Hooper said.

“If you look at the track record of this joint. How many CEOs have they had in the last seven years? Seven or eight.

“The old saying a fish rots from the head. There is something that isn’t right at that club.”

every club has its own cultural issues, linked to the community issues in there own backyards. The cronulla region like all regions is no different, especially amongst the youth

The place has been a grave yard for some of the games greatest ... not even Jack Gibson could sort them out ..

The only good thing to ever come out of Cronulla was Elle MacPherson .....

Had some very good MR whites but still prefer Coonawarra, Barossa reds. Maybe the reds are better since the 15 years I haven't tried them.
Honestly if you drink Red SA is “ by far” the best, I’m a collector and all my good stuff cones from there.

Margaret River does some nice whites.

Hate to defend them but how is this an different from the crap we got in the Baz days?

The place has been a grave yard for some of the games greatest ... not even Jack Gibson could sort them out ..

The only good thing to ever come out of Cronulla was Elle MacPherson .....
she went to Killara High School, so not sure she is truly from there

Henschke Hill of Grace was a standby for me, so was a flagon of brown muscat and a clearlight.

Shame on you for comparing Australia’s greatest wine to a “ goon of muscat”....lol

HOG is streets ahead of Grange but isn’t worth as much.

I can’t afford either now ( $750 a bottle ) but it was fun whilst it lasted.

Shame on you for comparing Australia’s greatest wine to a “ goon of muscat”....lol

HOG is streets ahead of Grange but isn’t worth as much.

I can’t afford either now ( $750 a bottle ) but it was fun whilst it lasted.
It wasn't really my standby, that was the Penfolds Bin 389 which was about $7 a bottle back in the '70's. Sometimes I'd stretch to the St Henri but on really special occasions I'd splash out and get the Henschke. It wasn't $750 a bottle then though.

It wasn't really my standby, that was the Penfolds Bin 389 which was about $7 a bottle back in the '70's. Sometimes I'd stretch to the St Henri but on really special occasions I'd splash out and get the Henschke. It wasn't $750 a bottle then though.

Yes I remember when it was about $25 -$30 which was still a lot in the day.

Funny St Henri is about $130 these days and I used to buy and drink that for about $10.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8