Sharks - predictable but effective

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Firstly I expect a comfortable Manly win but....only due to the faith in Tooves & the trainers having them mentally & physically prepared against a team ready to go to war in the middle tonight & the fact most still dont get,we have a pretty underrated tough pack at Manly.
The thing is, never underestimate a team willing to play simple hard footy & roll downfield into good position to apply lottery high balls all day.
For those old enough to recall the 80's games against Newtown & Souths, Manly had them outclassed all over the paddock yet lost in slug fest style games they were expected to win comfortably.
Its so predictable the Sharks are going to play it in the fowards as they should, the old saying fowards win big games is backed by many.
Expect Fifita, Gallen & Tagatese to attempt some intimidation & the loss of Carney helps strengthen this style of game defensively with Lewis a tough edge defender who can hit.
The Manly backline is so superior here its chalk & cheese but this advantage is lost if we dont match them up front.
This Manly side seems ready & more resilient than possably any team I have seen over the past 30 years, which can help combat this simple, predictable, yet effective style of footy.

I think that last week's game would have been the 'wet mullet to the head from the Universe' for Manly:cool:

Simple play would have won the game, the 3 passes to Opposition Players looked ridiculous - but is totally in Manly's control to fix :angel:

Focus Manly and trust in 2v!

We need to match them in the opening 15-20, make it clear they wont bully us in the forwards, and sneak a few points/tries. If we can get a nice lead I think the Sharks will fold and realize their season is over (a bit like the Cows in 2011 when we were down 8-0 at half time and won 42-8). If it's close for a long time that will only steel them to continue the grind, and Robson (and even Lewis at 6) will keep that defensive mindset.

If we turn up focused 100% on this week I think we'll win and win well. The issue could be having a half eye on next week.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2