Sharks could be forced to move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If I'm not mistaken there is a clause in the WADA code relating to teams that if they have a certain amount of participants with infraction notices (I'm guessing proven and I think the number is 4) than that team shall be suspended from the competition it is in. Its happened in cycling but obviously things are a bit different with how that sport runs its schedule. Maybe the NRL is leaking the story in a way of informing the public of what could be happening and getting them slowly used to the idea. The AFL did the same thing with Essendon, leaked the story of possible punishments to certain journos who ran with it whilst the AFL denying it the whole time, then surprise surprise when the punishments came out they matched the stories that was leaked months earlier.

Cronulla has performed well over recent years. Keep them and relocate the joke-of-the-league, Parramatta, to Brisbane. That way we'll have two Brisbane teams to laugh at.

Masked Eagle said:
If I'm not mistaken there is a clause in the WADA code relating to teams that if they have a certain amount of participants with infraction notices (I'm guessing proven and I think the number is 4) than that team shall be suspended from the competition it is in. Its happened in cycling but obviously things are a bit different with how that sport runs its schedule. Maybe the NRL is leaking the story in a way of informing the public of what could be happening and getting them slowly used to the idea. The AFL did the same thing with Essendon, leaked the story of possible punishments to certain journos who ran with it whilst the AFL denying it the whole time, then surprise surprise when the punishments came out they matched the stories that was leaked months earlier.

What does "competition" mean? The "competition" they are investigating was the 2011 competition not 2013 or 2014. That rule sounds like something used when evidence is found while the competition is still going, like at the Olympics or Tour de France.

What if the 2014 Sharks include less than 4 guilty players from 2011?

What if the 4 players from 2011 Sharks are all in 2014 playing at another NRL club together?

What if the Kangaroos or Kiwis at the 2013 world cup are suddenly found to have 4 players from 2011? What if the 2013 Maroons used 4 players later found to be guilty from 2011 or 2012?

Brissie Kid said:
Masked Eagle said:

What does "competition" mean? The "competition" they are investigating was the 2011 competition not 2013 or 2014. That rule sounds like something used when evidence is found while the competition is still going, like at the Olympics or Tour de France.

What if the 2014 Sharks include less than 4 guilty players from 2011?

What if the 4 players from 2011 Sharks are all in 2014 playing at another NRL club together?

What if the Kangaroos or Kiwis at the 2013 world cup are suddenly found to have 4 players from 2011? What if the 2013 Maroons used 4 players later found to be guilty from 2011 or 2012?

All excellent questions Brissie Kid, but unfortunately I don't have the answer for any of them. All I know is that there is a provision in the WADA Code for teams who have multiple drug testing viloations against them. I know at the time it caused concerns from just about every sport on the globe, and I'm sure there have been 10000 clauses added that wouldn't make sense to anyone not a lawyer, but I'm fairly sure it still exists.

Shire people and queenslanders have very little differences, culturally it's 1982 in both locations and I'm sure as long as gallen gets to watch his reruns of country practice and the waltons he'll be happy.

God said:
Shire people and queenslanders have very little differences, culturally it's 1982 in both locations and I'm sure as long as gallen gets to watch his reruns of country practice and the waltons he'll be happy.

As a shire resident (I live here because I can!!) I did laugh at that. I have also lived in a number of other parts of Sydney so not totally blind to the rest of the world ie North of the Bridge ... I refer to Capt Cook & Tom Uglys Bridges.

Like a true Manly supporter and Shire resident I get sh*t put on me all the time. All I do is laugh it off as I'm content in the team I follow and where I live!

Move them to CQ. In five years time there won't be many of the 2013 team left anyway and there will be a side representing CQ that will have a lot of local talent in it. Melbourne and Broncs will move Heaven and earth to block it though. They love swooping on the talent pool here.

You'd have to turn the air con down in the DT off ice today. I reckon the reception Phil Frothfield gave Bec would have been icy!

CAMBO said:
If they are going to get rid of any Sydney team the bulldogs should be first to go. That club is a blight on the game. The thing is if they ever cracked down on poke gambling the bulldogs would be in real trouble as that club is propped up on poker machine cash

Its funny about how a discussion on the struggling Cronulla Sharks ends up in a discussion on the Canterbury Bulldogs . Thought this was a Manly forum ?

Las Vegas Blvd said:
CAMBO said:
If they are going to get rid of any Sydney team the bulldogs should be first to go. That club is a blight on the game. The thing is if they ever cracked down on poke gambling the bulldogs would be in real trouble as that club is propped up on poker machine cash

Its funny about how a discussion on the struggling Cronulla Sharks ends up in a discussion on the Canterbury Bulldogs . Thought this was a Manly forum ?
Lol sorry mate just a bit of banter. Nothing wrong with displaying some healthy disdain of that filth of a club. ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7