SGBall 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Very curious that Schuster is rarely mentioned in the match summaries. Is this to keep other sides off the scent

Gee. I thought we were a big side, but the quote that Canterbury were a big side got me wondering if it's time to reduce the number of players on the field to 12?
With the vast majority of forwards now from Polynesian/Islander stock the opportunity for smaller, skilful players diminishes. If rugby league becomes too heavily skewed towards power then it will lose some of its appeal, and the smaller, faster kids will be more inclined to play soccer or Aussie Rules.
Rugby league should be a mix of raw power with scintillating football and ball movement.
The dimensions of a RL field have not changed in 110 years yet players have got so much bigger that there is less space to move.
Personally, I'd get rid of the 'lock' position. A lock is no longer needed to lock in the scrum, which has been a bad joke for many years.
To me the game is headed towards gridiron where big, beefy blokes line up to crash into one another, while the exciting actions happens away from them.

Gee. I thought we were a big side, but the quote that Canterbury were a big side got me wondering if it's time to reduce the number of players on the field to 12?
With the vast majority of forwards now from Polynesian/Islander stock the opportunity for smaller, skilful players diminishes. If rugby league becomes too heavily skewed towards power then it will lose some of its appeal, and the smaller, faster kids will be more inclined to play soccer or Aussie Rules.
Rugby league should be a mix of raw power with scintillating football and ball movement.
The dimensions of a RL field have not changed in 110 years yet players have got so much bigger that there is less space to move.
Personally, I'd get rid of the 'lock' position. A lock is no longer needed to lock in the scrum, which has been a bad joke for many years.
To me the game is headed towards gridiron where big, beefy blokes line up to crash into one another, while the exciting actions happens away from them.
Games would definitely be more exciting 12 vs 12.

The draw they had with parramatta could have easily been won if the refs at the eels home ground were actually unbiased... Some very bad calls helped the eels in the last 10 minutes. Good luck to the boys they are having a great start to their season and I will be there to cheer them on next game!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4