SG BALL & HAROLD MATTHEWS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Any one see these two games. The Sea Eagles are riding high in these junior comps with top three positions in both. Would love to hear a report especially on how Josh S and Ben T are progressing.

Just some stats for both sides.Matthews after 7 rounds are 5 wins,one bye and one loss,points for are 194,points against are 92.Top tryscorers are Teddy Wilson(half),Dan O'Donnell(hooker) and Ollie Cummins(wing/centre) with 5 tries each,Wilson has kicked 27 from 35 goals(roughly 80% strike rate).Ball from 7 games are 5 wins,one draw and one loss,points for are 218,points against are 116.Top tryscorers are Tito(wing) 8 and Schuster,Weekes(fullback),Trbojevic(centre),Tuipulotu(wing) and Fotu(second row) with 5 tries each,goalkicking is shiitehouse so won't bother with that...

Any one see these two games. The Sea Eagles are riding high in these junior comps with top three positions in both. Would love to hear a report especially on how Josh S and Ben T are progressing.
Ben has been moved to centre and is doing well,don't know if that is where he will stay,but for now he is there.

Just for you @Bearfax ,just my opinions....
Matthews side...
Dion Yazdani: prop and local junior from rugby,plugged in at prop and has been a mainstay.
Dan O'Donnell: hooker and captain,local junior and son of manly hooker and junior David,been outstanding and one to keep an eye on.
Ahofono: prop and from the west,played in last years side,played all year at prop and the whole front row have been a force.
Fakhri: second row and from cabramatta I think,tall guy and been a mainstay at 11,played some centre and versatile.
Tom Wheen: local junior and second row,another consistent guy and a regular in side.
Noa Faatui:local junior from rugby and second row/lock/prop,versatile guy who has worked himself into side.
Oscar Palin: local junior from rugby and lock,very impressive and scored some tries,injured at the moment I think
Teddy Wilson: half and vice captain,local junior,outstanding and if he stays with us will be someone we will hear a lot of in the future,excellent goalkicker.Personally think he will be a star.
Kobe Fulton:local junior(duhhh),Bozos' grandson and has played a couple of games off the bench (at centre mainly),looks good but still early
Ollie Cummins: local junior from rugby,and a centre/winger,seriously fast and has been impressive,injured at the moment I think
Luke Tucker: fullback picked up from Gordon rugby,been a mainstay from start of year and starting to score some tries,hope he keeps developing.
Opetaia: centre from NZ,been a strong performer but injured at the moment I think.
These are the guys who have been the most impressive in my opinion.

Ben has been moved to centre and is doing well,don't know if that is where he will stay,but for now he is there.

Thanks Smokin'. Noted Ben's move. Interesting that two players who were initially in the forwards and ow backs in Ben T and Schuster. At this stage more interested in SG Ball because these guys are potentially a year or two from First Grade. There's some interesting talent in that side. Any thoughts Smokin' about potential in the team other than BT and JS? and does any one know when Schuster and BT turn 18?

And again for you @Bearfax ,thoughts on Ball side.
Weekes: fullback,been good,switched from 5/8 from last years Matthews side,been improving and sort of like Mitchell Moses in ability as a player at fullback if that makes sense...
Tito: wing and played a bit of centre,scored some tries and benefited from good play inside,from parramatta side last year
Kopa: centre and been pretty solid,had some injuries,originally from NZ
Trbojevic: been playing centre and seems to have found a home there,don't know if he will stay there but who knows,could be a dominating lanky centre that seem to be all the rage at the moment(Mitchell,Manu,Burns,Inglis etc...)
Tuipulotu: wing and from rugby/west,injured at the moment but a good player and another benefiting from good play inside him
Schuster: do I need to add anything more,man among boys,has it all,is he Wally Lewis at 5/8 or a Glenn Stewart on roids in the backrow?
Tuitavake: prop and local junior,a mainstay at prop and one who I think we will slowly hear more about over the next few years
Jack Birt: hooker from south coast,been impressive all year,can kick goals(not his forte though...)
Wihongi: prop from out west,played with eels and roosters and went back to rugby,worked himself into the side and a solid player who might keep improving
Zac Fulton: second row from scone(not related to Bozo in my opinion),good with ball and as a defender,could be a Waddell type and hope he kicks on...
Fotu: second row from out west,played in Matthews side last year,try scorer and been a mainstay since start of year,benefited from playing off Schuster,think he has a bright future...
Fainu: lock and switched from front row,big guy and has been solid,injured at the moment.
Matangi: impressive prop from last years Matthews side,just back from injury and not played much
Uesele: lock/prop from last years Matthews side,from the Magpies juniors and been a mainstay off bench

Last edited:
So, isn't it about the age of the current Ball players that Easts move in and recruit the best talent to play in their Jersey Flegg team?
It's so obvious.
Easts are pathetic up until the Under 18s, then become a force in the under 20s with imports.
It's rugby league's version of The Stolen Generation.

Weekes: fullback,been good,switched from 5/8 from last years Matthews side,been improving and sort of like Mitchell Moses in ability as a player at fullback if that makes sense...
Tito: wing and played a bit of centre,scored some tries and benefited from good play inside,from parramatta side last year
Trbojevic: been playing centre and seems to have found a home there,don't know if he will stay there but who knows,could be a dominating lanky centre that seem to be all the rage at the moment(Mitchell,Manu,Burns,Inglis etc...)
Tuipulotu: wing and from rugby/west,injured at the moment but a good player and another benefiting from good play inside him
Schuster: do I need to add anything more,man among boys,has it all,is he Wally Lewis at 5/8 or a Glenn Stewart on roids in the backrow?
Tuitavake: prop and local junior,a mainstay at prop and one who I think we will slowly hear more about over the next few years
Jack Birt: hooker from south coast,been impressive all year,can kick goals(not his forte though...)
Wihongi: prop from out west,played with eels and roosters and went back to rugby,worked himself into the side and a solid player who might keep improving
Zac Fulton: second row from scone(not related to Bozo in my opinion),good with ball and as a defender,could be a Waddell type and hope he kicks on...
Fotu: second row from out west,played in Matthews side last year,try scorer and been a mainstay since start of year,benefited from playing off Schuster,think he has a bright future...
Fainu: lock and switched from front row,big guy and has been solid,injured at the moment.
Matangi: impressive prop from last years Matthews side,just back from injury and not played much
Uesele: lock/prop from last years Matthews side,from the Magpies juniors and been a mainstay off bench
I believe that Zac is Scott Fulton's son as Scott now lives in Scone

I think that Fainu is Manase's brother and used to play for Parra Parra rated him highly

I believe that Zac is Scott Fulton's son as Scott now lives in Scone

I think that Fainu is Manase's brother and used to play for Parra Parra rated him highly
Can't say I know 100% about Zac,but have no idea whether the Fainus' are related,there is another Fainu in the Matthews,but as far as I am aware none of the Fainus' playing for us have ever played for parra,they come from the western area of sydney yes in the parra district,but recruited by us.We get a lot of guys from the penrith and parra districts but very few actually are recruited from parra or penrith directly,Fainu,Fifita and Fotu all came from Guilford rlfc I think?Was scott living on the central coast 5-6 years ago around Woy Woy?

Last edited:
I am not sure if Scott was in woy woy about 6 years ago but he did make the newspapers about stealing some lobsters from professional fishermans pots with Terry Hill on the central coast a few years back

Can't say I know 100% about Zac,but have no idea whether the Fainus' are related,there is another Fainu in the Matthews,but as far as I am aware none of the Fainus' playing for us have ever played for parra,they come from the western area of sydney yes in the parra district,but recruited by us.We get a lot of guys from the penrith and parra districts but very few actually are recruited from parra or penrith directly,Fainu,Fifita and Fotu all came from Guilford rlfc I think?Was scott living on the central coast 5-6 years ago around Woy Woy?
Fainu was recruited by Lamkin and Hoppa Snr i think.

Easing Hoppa in, I like it

Win a title with Ball, build confidence, step up to Blacktown against men.

The cover Turbo at Origin time, round 12

You are a great contributor to this forum Smokin Joe, it's is very much appreciated keeping us informed about our juniors.

Well done mate, thank you for your time and interest!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8