Seibold Selection Surprises - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes they did cop a lot criticism at the time over the Ronnie Gibbs purchase as he was just an ok centre running around with the Roosters. But obviously Arko / Bozo had other ideas. Cliffy was a whole different proposition as blind Freddy could see his talent when he was playing for the Bears.

Well I guess we have the Cliffy equivalent covered in the Shu but definitely missing that Rambo mongrel aggressive forward. Keppie and Alio Olio potentials but jury still out imo.

Your confusing aggression with niggle,look at jwh and jerome luai, jwh is the aggressive intimidation type, luia just niggle, harper is definitely the latter
You could be right but not from what I have seen. I think he not only plays aggressively but can also be intimidating. Time will tell.

Paseka to an edge. Not fit enough to do it permanently. But he’d do well being used running out wide a lot.

There so much more to this blokes game then we get to see with him just hitting it up at prop.

He is quick for a forward. Takes him a couple more steps than a normal human to find his gear. Which is why more space helps him. He is light on his feet, can dance through a hole.

He’s just too soft. He dosent even need a hole to run through. He can smash through.

But out wide, his size just makes holes regardless.

Also would fit well with swapping between Bullemore in defence ie bull attacking at prop then defending Tents edge.

Paseka to an edge. Not fit enough to do it permanently. But he’d do well being used running out wide a lot.

There so much more to this blokes game then we get to see with him just hitting it up at prop.

He is quick for a forward. Takes him a couple more steps than a normal human to find his gear. Which is why more space helps him. He is light on his feet, can dance through a hole.

He’s just too soft. He dosent even need a hole to run through. He can smash through.

Also would fit well with swapping between Bullemore in defence ie bull attacking at prop then defending Tents edge.
Unlike the call for Olakau'atu to move to the centres, they need to change this guy's game up because as you say we are not getting the most out of him and he has the talent. I can vaguely remember him sprinting away with a line break in a game in the past couple of seasons.

It's true, for such a big man he has surprisingly good footwork and balance in motion, Olaka'autu also has that. The more often we could manage to get Paseka a little wide when on or near the line, likely the more tries we could enjoy.

Late edit to my above post! 1 too many beers last night..........

Young Fifita to get a top 17 spot
Correction ...
In 2022 under Des players got a spot in the 17

In 2023 All players should earn their spot
This principle adds to a more inclusive and competitive team spirit

If Young Fifita wants to earn a spot he has to get his Finger out and Fight for one on the field
He is capable of that I am sure

The moral of the story
The Legendary Manly jersey is hard earned not given

In 2023 We need an Attitude change of what the Legendary Manly Jersey really Means !!!

See the source image

Unlike the call for Olakau'atu to move to the centres, they need to change this guy's game up because as you say we are not getting the most out of him and he has the talent. I can vaguely remember him sprinting away with a line break in a game in the past couple of seasons.
Only one I can think of is the ANZAC day game against Tigers at Wankfest

I think the major selection decision will be whether to keep Jurbo at lock or move him back to lock which is where he is more suited. The question then is who do we play at lock? Burbo, Condon or Bully would be possibilities, and The Lawman when he returns from injury. Even Zac Fulton?
But the easiest solution is to continue to play Jurbo at lock, initially, and see if our props step up to the task. It will take a few matches to sort out, and the inevitable Manly injuries will also play a role in selections.

The question then is who do we play at lock? Burbo, Condon or Bully would be possibilities, and The Lawman when he returns from injury. Even Zac Fulton?
My guess is Fulton is the only one of those who is a chance of getting picked at lock. He might be chance of being our 14, certainly until Lawton returns.
In Tuilagi and Haumole we'll have one of the biggest 2nd row pairs in the comp, but probably not the most agile, so we'll probably need tackling dynamos at lock and hooker at all times.

I think the major selection decision will be whether to keep Jurbo at lock or move him back to lock which is where he is more suited. The question then is who do we play at lock? Burbo, Condon or Bully would be possibilities, and The Lawman when he returns from injury. Even Zac Fulton?
But the easiest solution is to continue to play Jurbo at lock, initially, and see if our props step up to the task. It will take a few matches to sort out, and the inevitable Manly injuries will also play a role in selections.

So is he going to play lock or possibly lock 🤣

Getting close now boys and girls. Trials in a few weeks. I reckon our new coach and staff will spring some interesting selection surprises. So in the interest of generating some thoughtful and perhaps not-so-thoughtful responses, here is my standout tip for 2023;

Morgan Harper - from an ok Centre in 2022 to our most feared / aggressive Backrower in 2023. Anyone remember Ronnie Gibbs? Morgan is just a tad shorter and a tad heavier but exactly the same temperament. I think we all agree that we need some aggro in those forwards. The answer might be that obvious.... and right under our noses!!!

Thoughts? Other predictions?
No chance of Harper playing back row. Game has changed since Rambo played. Not many forwards under 100kg and those that are like Cam Murray offer skills hard to find.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4