Seibold Selection Surprises - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Getting close now boys and girls. Trials in a few weeks. I reckon our new coach and staff will spring some interesting selection surprises. So in the interest of generating some thoughtful and perhaps not-so-thoughtful responses, here is my standout tip for 2023;

Morgan Harper - from an ok Centre in 2022 to our most feared / aggressive Backrower in 2023. Anyone remember Ronnie Gibbs? Morgan is just a tad shorter and a tad heavier but exactly the same temperament. I think we all agree that we need some aggro in those forwards. The answer might be that obvious.... and right under our noses!!!

Thoughts? Other predictions?

I agree 100% with the threads sentiments and see many fresh faces getting a shot starting with the trials.
The Harper backrow is no chance imo and I see very few similarities to the great Rambo Gibbs, who opposition forwards feared....I don't think Harper has kicked on that well and don't reckon there would be 1 NRL centre intimidated by him and on the flip side, most NRL forwards would eat him with a side salad.
Weekes, Fulton and more of Fifita to stake claims in the 17.

Johns will get a number of games up, which is unlikely to excite many here. He is the safest back-up halves option at this stage.

Getting close now boys and girls. Trials in a few weeks. I reckon our new coach and staff will spring some interesting selection surprises. So in the interest of generating some thoughtful and perhaps not-so-thoughtful responses, here is my standout tip for 2023;

Morgan Harper - from an ok Centre in 2022 to our most feared / aggressive Backrower in 2023. Anyone remember Ronnie Gibbs? Morgan is just a tad shorter and a tad heavier but exactly the same temperament. I think we all agree that we need some aggro in those forwards. The answer might be that obvious.... and right under our noses!!!

Thoughts? Other predictions?
I was so convinced your recollection of Ronnie Gibbs as a centre was crazy, i went it looked it up. Holy cow he made his debut as a winger! A winger! All 1983-85 he is a Roosters winger/centre. Even the first 2 games at Manly in 1986 were as a centre alongside Choppy Close.

I will never doubt you again. Maybe Harper could make the move.

I was so convinced your recollection of Ronnie Gibbs as a centre was crazy, i went it looked it up. Holy cow he made his debut as a winger! A winger! All 1983-85 he is a Roosters winger/centre. Even the first 2 games at Manly in 1986 were as a centre alongside Choppy Close.

I will never doubt you again. Maybe Harper could make the move.

I was actually at that game where Rambo debuted (?) for us and thought he made a good fist of it. One year later he was the premier 2nd rower in the comp and was close to man of the match in that 87 GF (apart from cliffy of course). I see close parallels with Harper and I reckon so will Seibold. time will tell!!

I was actually at that game where Rambo debuted (?) for us and thought he made a good fist of it. One year later he was the premier 2nd rower in the comp and was close to man of the match in that 87 GF (apart from cliffy of course). I see close parallels with Harper and I reckon so will Seibold. time will tell!!
What i remember is Arko & Bozo copping a lot of media heat for buying Rambo & Cliffy as both players were seen as too undisciplined. Bozo proved them wrong of course.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4