Seibold Ball

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
well. I guess there is nothing wrong with the theory that no matter how many points we concede we have a plan to score more.

Adz

Reserve Grader
Think the author is overthinking things.
Bozo had Manly attacking from everywhere back in the 80's,it worked against most but the best drilled sides they struggled to beat.
It is just attacking whenever possible instead of just playing field position.

Nordburg

First Grader
It’s the same as the “Bazball” argument and much like the man it was named after,Brendan McCullum,it’s highly entertaining at times and fast paced but at the end of the day,you don’t win anything that actually matters

Bloke on the hill

Reserve Grader
If the club doesn't believe it's able to win the comp this year, then being competitive whilst playing entertaining footy will hopefully get the crowds & dollars through the gate for the future.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And Tim Sheens, Tigers were ranked 10th in defence in 2005. It can be done.

I keep bringing this up......it's happened once in living memory, with the most attacking player in the game at Sheens' disposal.....which kinda proves the point of how fustrating it is that we have chosen this path.

I guess the Walker Bros would agree with you as well. How is their NRL coaching careers going?

krusty

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Just shows you there is more than one way to skin a cat. It’s been done before and can be done again. Our strength is speed and being able to play what we see rather than a highly structured game. We are playing to our strengths. Copying other teams and trying to emulate their plays and playing styles won’t win you anything. We need to play our own style and so far this year it’s got us wins against some of the premiership favourites and has given us a winning chance in every game we have played.

manly al

First Grader
Just shows you there is more than one way to skin a cat. It’s been done before and can be done again. Our strength is speed and being able to play what we see rather than a highly structured game. We are playing to our strengths. Copying other teams and trying to emulate their plays and playing styles won’t win you anything. We need to play our own style and so far this year it’s got us wins against some of the premiership favourites and has given us a winning chance in every game we have played.
Tend to agree , though just for example , was just a bit overdone with that Garrick clearing kick in that last season game against the Panthers .Prior to that , pretty much had them unsettled .
Eels and Cowboys were trying a similar style a couple of seasons ago with reasonable outcomes and that Broncs - Storm match earlier this season was played in a similar vein .
Losses to the Raiders and Dolphins this season was more the result of careless and less focussed play rather then any attacking aspects .
Pretty much set a helpful trend moving the ball early against the Roosters this season and unsettling them a bit as well .
Always have to temper things a bit to have the required defensive requirements but fairly well accepted that Manly has some serious speed in their squad and not just confined to the backs .
So to get maximum benefit out of that and giving that speed or part speed advantage some better opportunities , definitely worth trying a less structured attack or as a priority at times

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Of course playing an attacking style is fine, and it's good that we encourage that.

Our tendency to resort to 2nd tackle kicks whilst ahead on the scoreboard, conceding intercept tries on the stroke of half time, etc, etc is where the frustration lies.

Time and place...for both attacking footy, and game management. Until we learn this (Cherry never will), we ain't winning anything.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18
15 7 7 28 17