Section 7 Row "A"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Section 7 Row "A"

BOYAAAAA.....Front and centre...Roosters versus Manly at Gosford.

Got my wife and I a ticket...

See Yas there....

Section 7 Row "A"

Ill give it a miss i think - save myself for the following weekend against the tigers

Section 7 Row "A"

Why would Manly go to Gosford given the way we were treated there?

Very good point, surely we would have been better promoting the club in country NSW/Qld to expand our supporter base.

Section 7 Row "A"

Do Manly make these schedules or are they chosen by the NRL???

There was a lot of hype for the Bulldogs/Sharks game when we were down in Ulladulla last week. (Do the young women of that town know what the are up against.) I didn't find out where the players were staying but there certainly are not the big nightclubs etc that exist in Coffs!!!!

Section 7 Row "A"

Do Manly make these schedules or are they chosen by the NRL???

There was a lot of hype for the Bulldogs/Sharks game when we were down in Ulladulla last week.

1. The NRL choose.
2. Manly were supposed to play in Taree for the country carnival, but Group 3 couldn't afford to host them (approx $12,500 for the weekend), that is why we are playing in Rockhampton on that weekend.

Section 7 Row "A"

Why would Manly go to Gosford given the way we were treated there?

Can't point the finger at Manly here. The trial was organised by the Roosters, they chose the venue, will pay for the venue and presumably pocket any profit from the day.

Apology gratefully antcipated.

Section 7 Row "A"

Dubbo was desparate for a trial.

They may well have been, but did they approach the Roosters?

Manly are playing their first trial at Brookvale this year for the first time in recent history, whilst I understand the need to promote and propogate the game in country areas I feel Manly are doing the right thing this year by giving the bulk of their supporters the opportunity to see our team play on our ground.

I will admit that I am selfish, so my care factor for not playing the game in the bush is nil. In the past few years we have watched trials in Tamworh, Maitland, Wollongong and probably some other easily forgotten town. Give me the choice of driving hours & hours to a trial or watching it at Brookvale, well the answer is a no brainer, give me Brookvale any day.

In my view Manly have done the right thing by staging their trial match at Brookvale and by doing so have given the main core of their supporters the opportunity to see not only our marquee signings but also the fringe signings, up and coming young players and hopefully the improvement of some of those that were pressing for NRL last year.

Brookvale or the Bush? please we support Manly, play every game we possibly can at Brookvale.

Section 7 Row "A"

There are Sea Eagle supporters everywhere. Any trial played away is good for fans who don't get the normal chance to see them. My friends on the Gold Coast always roll up for a trial when on. All the same I am also selfish and look forward to every opportunity at Brookie.

Section 7 Row "A"

There are Sea Eagle supporters everywhere. Any trial played away is good for fans who don't get the normal chance to see them. My friends on the Gold Coast always roll up for a trial when on. All the same I am also selfish and look forward to every opportunity at Brookie.

Yeah give us a go!!

I'm up here in QLD i get to see them once, when they play the bronco's at suncorp (should i remind you guys that the halftime score was 30 - 0 in the last game i saw them in up here) You get to see them between 10 and 13 times a year!!

I see them once up here against the broncos and then again when i drag my sorry arse down to manly to watch them there!!

I would love an oppurtunity to see the guys more!!

Yes, i choose to live here and i understand i should be down there if i want to see them more but it's not that easy!!

Considering rugby league is played pre-dominantly in only NSW and QLD, why not send at least one of the 2 trials up here!!

Section 7 Row "A"

Considering rugby league is played pre-dominantly in only NSW and QLD, why not send at least one of the 2 trials up here!!

Manly are playing a trial in Rockhampton this year, as they did last year and the year before they played a trial on the Gold Coast.

Section 7 Row "A"

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

Manly are playing a trial in Rockhampton this year, as they did last year and the year before they played a trial on the Gold Coast.

[/quote]

true but the squad they send is not choc full of NRL players like we get in the main trials.

Section 7 Row "A"

The game in the country has been withering on the vine since the Supergreed farce. The CRL has tried valiantly but has had little support at the professional level. (Clubs are too interested in themselves and are too happy to take the talent and give little.)

As a kid in the country I dreamed of going to see Manly and it was the best experience of my young life at 10 for my grandfather to take me to the SCG (in the members stand) to see the Sea Eagles play Souths in a major semi. We lost but it made me an Eagle for life - the next time I got back was in the 80s, over 10 years later but the initial experience had me hooked. Seeing the country divisional games was good but there was nothing like seeing the big time guys up close, instead of on black and white telly!!

For my grandfather to move to Harbord and take on Manly as his team was the icing on the cake.

Never underestimate what a game in a town does for country footy. They are starved of it and need all the games they can get.

Dubbo for the Eagles would be sensational in 2007.

Section 7 Row "A"

[quote author=Corso_Pete]
[quote author=Nutzcraw]

[/quote]

true but the squad they send is not choc full of NRL players like we get in the main trials.
[/quote]

And I think thats a good thing Garts. We can always see the regular NRL players during the season, so to be able to identify the up and coming talent (even in trials) is to my way of thinking similar to the pavlovs dog theory.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8