Second Brisbane team - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bit of a weird news story. "The choice of ‘Brisbane Firehawks’ is fascinating in that it lacks alliteration, which most team names usually exhibit." Huh? I think they mean the double letter, like Brisbane Broncos has B & B. Which other NRL club has an 'alliteration'? Penrith Panthers. Unless you can't spell knights, thats about it. Far from being 'which most team names usually exhibit'.

Brisbane cant produce 1 decent team. Let alone 2. I dont know if there top juniors are being poached by the likes of the storm. But apart from a few good forwards they got nothing to show for years

The are rich beyond belief but money doesn’t always translate to success.

Remember the old adage,

A champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Have no doubt that there would be a reasonable appetite and acceptance in the greater Brisbane region for a 2 nd team . Crushers still had a reasonable following for the time that they operated and Brisbane and the rest of Queensland has a much increased population base since they were disbanded . Just how soon that they could be competitive would be another matter but should have enough opportunity both overseas and in Australia to assemble a worthwhile playing squad .

I always find it interesting when discussing new teams, it's like all these supporters will come out of the woodwork.
The only time I've seen it work successfully was in the old NSL when Northern Spirit popped up, it worked as all the other clubs had ethnic roots and Spirit didn't. I loved my soccer and now had a team to support.

From what I know of SE Qld residents they are either Bronco's fans or they still support their club
- whether it's a Sydney club or Canberra or Newcastle etc, depends where they grew up.
I've got a mate that's lived in QLD for 20 odd years and he still wears his Bears gear proudly ffs!

The NRL has built State of Origin to what it is and that translates to what clubs we support.
I've got mates and family in Qld and apart from my brother-in-law ( ex Bulldogs) they still support their childhood clubs and NSW, they wouldn't dream of supporting the Broncos.
None of them would consider jumping ship and supporting a new team.

I can't see another Brisbane team working unless it's a Toowoomba/Ipswich type scenario, they'd have generations of local support ( I don't know why anyone would move to QLD and choose to settle there).

I always find it interesting when discussing new teams, it's like all these supporters will come out of the woodwork.
The only time I've seen it work successfully was in the old NSL when Northern Spirit popped up, it worked as all the other clubs had ethnic roots and Spirit didn't. I loved my soccer and now had a team to support.

From what I know of SE Qld residents they are either Bronco's fans or they still support their club
- whether it's a Sydney club or Canberra or Newcastle etc, depends where they grew up.
I've got a mate that's lived in QLD for 20 odd years and he still wears his Bears gear proudly ffs!

The NRL has built State of Origin to what it is and that translates to what clubs we support.
I've got mates and family in Qld and apart from my brother-in-law ( ex Bulldogs) they still support their childhood clubs and NSW, they wouldn't dream of supporting the Broncos.
None of them would consider jumping ship and supporting a new team.

I can't see another Brisbane team working unless it's a Toowoomba/Ipswich type scenario, they'd have generations of local support ( I don't know why anyone would move to QLD and choose to settle there).

Ha I did ( and love it) the weather us magnificent.

State of Origin time is **** they go absolute feral up here but otherwise it’s a good place to live.

The Ippy Jets are very very well supported as are the Redcliffe Dolphins.

Options coming from either place would be very well supported.

The other area is Logan , a city if it’s own just to the south of Brizvegas.

Home to about 200,00 many of whom are islanders and kiwis.

All three would garner immediate support from fans.

It is however the sponsorship dollars that will be the hard one to tackle!!

Also just think it is well past the time for the Broncos to have such an unfair and undeserved monopoly and advantage and especially in the corporate sense in the greater Brisbane region .

And I can assure people not every single person up here follows the Donkeys and many of them remain unaligned.

Brisbane has a population of approx 2.5 million people .... if it can't support 2teams we are all doomed ...

Just thought ... how funny would it be if one head supported the Broncos and the other head supported the new team .... Xmas lunch would be a lark ...

Surely they can come up with better ideas than "The Bombers" or "The Firebirds". I hope the Redcliffe Dolphins get the nod.

the media have been saying "a little but NHL" but for the life of me I can't see what they mean.

No firehawks in the nhl. Surely they don't simply mean the lack of alliteration is a nhl thing..?

I reckon Ricky Stuart must be having a laugh at Channel Nein who continually show the pathetic Donkeys over his well-performing team.
Ironically, Manly rarely features on free-to-air TV unless it is against the Donkeys.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6