Season Over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
The same person who always uses an alias that doesnt use spaces between full stops and the next sentence.

Is it chrisos?  I have just read the Talkin' Sport thread and he has done exactly as you have written.  Sorry if it is not you chrisos.

<G> Whoever it is they got the desired result in getting everyone in a flutter and in getting a varience in the karma.

Two Words

WONT HAPPEN

I'm starting to sense a certain aurora about the team and back to back premierships  ;D

C'mon reyam get back to your desk at the daily terrorgraph there are more important hatchet jobs to connive on  ::) why waste your precious time sticking the knife into Manly?

We'll all be the wiser by Sun afternoon and some of us might have egg on our faces.....

As other posters have said, if Manly continue to play like they did against the Bulldogs and Titans (at Brookie) we'll see them roll on like their form of last season's finals comp. It is in their hands entirely and they have shown us they remember how to play like this...OK I win todays prize for captain obvious ;D

I don't think we've fallen into the finals at all.  To get into 5th after being second last on the ladder after 8 rounds is a great effort and the team has shown a lot of character to bounce back.  With all the crap we had to endure from the media at the start of the year I think it will be one of the sweetest victories if we end up winning back to back premierships

I'll put my neck on the block and admit to similar thoughts to the original poster.  We have not played with the same panache and intensity as 2008 all year.  There's that, but also a sense that the whole year has been damn near cursed, particularly with today's news on the tragedy to beset Hall.  It reminds me of Penrith in 1992 where nothing went right for them post-Premiership, so simply making the finals has been a fair effort all things considered.

I'm 50/50 on our prospects tonight and am very nervous.  I really hope we win or it will be a long weekend, although I do think the Titans can bounce back and the Queens will beat the Eels. 

But in some respects if we lose tonight and two sides below us win it may be easier to cop than losing a knock-out semi in coming weeks.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=181662.msg240710#msg240710 date=1252634378]
Tonight we will be beaten and by sunday we will be out of the comp.I have to say we do not deserve to go any further.We have played like an old and tired side this year,and I can't remember to many games this year if any when we have played our best.We fell into the finals and will be first out very poor
F**k off and die c**t
[/quote]

So eloquently put, like the majority of your posts. So much anger!

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=181662.msg240710#msg240710 date=1252634378]
Tonight we will be beaten and by sunday we will be out of the comp.I have to say we do not deserve to go any further.We have played like an old and tired side this year,and I can't remember to many games this year if any when we have played our best.We fell into the finals and will be first out very poor
F**k off and die c**t
[/quote]
+1

Tosser.....go back to the rock you crawled out from under!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion (and I suppose he or she is as well) BUT fair dinkum that does me!!

reyam I respect that's your opinion mate.

But I personally can't except that and never will no matter what as the game hasn't even kicked off yet. Ok if we lose and are out then so be it. But the fight is still ahead of us and I'm confident we will beat the scum.

Go Manly show NO MERCY lads.  

Mark from Brisbane link said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion (and I suppose he or she is as well) BUT fair dinkum that does me!!
            Mate the only tosser is you.I'm a fan who has supported this club for 34 years and just because i'm not a sycophant like most fans. Our team has been as soft as butter all year and we got our just deserts for being so slack this season. This is meant to be an open forum and I happen to look at my team with a more critical eye then others and will continue that way. I'm no less a supporter then others who have blinkers on about the club and the performance of the team this year

reyam, welcome to the hated side.  However, one must think positive thoughts about the team, even when dishing it out on individual players and posters on this site.  I think dissing our prospects so quickly, before a pass had even been dropped, is what got up most posters noses.     

reyam link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=181662.msg240822#msg240822 date=1252651174]

Mate the only tosser is you.I'm a fan who has supported this club for 34 years and just because i'm not a sycophant like most fans. Our team has been as soft as butter all year and we got our just deserts for being so slack this season. This is meant to be an open forum and I happen to look at my team with a more critical eye then others and will continue that way. I'm no less a supporter then others who have blinkers on about the club and the performance of the team this year
[/quote]

Well, u have certainly got plenty of ammunition to fire back, that's for sure! Last night was always coming. In the past month we have been thrashed by the Bunnies at Brookie, bounced back superbly to thrash the wooden spooners, miraculously beat a 12 man team coming second last and beat a disinterested Titans team last week. We got the Storm down there at Olympic Park, but look what happened when they were fair dinkum!

Matabele link said:
I'll put my neck on the block and admit to similar thoughts to the original poster.  We have not played with the same panache and intensity as 2008 all year.  There's that, but also a sense that the whole year has been damn near cursed, particularly with today's news on the tragedy to beset Hall.  It reminds me of Penrith in 1992 where nothing went right for them post-Premiership, so simply making the finals has been a fair effort all things considered.

I'm 50/50 on our prospects tonight and am very nervous.  I really hope we win or it will be a long weekend, although I do think the Titans can bounce back and the Queens will beat the Eels. 

But in some respects if we lose tonight and two sides below us win it may be easier to cop than losing a knock-out semi in coming weeks.

Have to agree with DSM and Mata that through this topsy turvy year I like many have been soo disappointed at Manly's up and down form and have had similar thoughts about the final series like reyam posted. We've all discussed this stuff at length through the year, and all have wanted our team to perform with the passion, intensity and commitment that we saw last year and were so proud of.

Because reyam's negative pooh pooh comments came after a very positive game last week and after the generally positive climb back into 5th spot after the disastrous self inflcited start to the season, this is why so many of the true Manly supporters of this site acted so heatedly towards our mate reyam.

Crying in the beer negativity was the last thing we needed or wanted on the eve of the finals series when we all were looking forward with postivity and hope, and all knew what Manly could produce. DSM summed it up well above and I'm only being cptn obvious again to reinforce how this bloke got our back up  ;D

Whether reyam is an alias for a troublemaker or a true supporter as he claims, who can say? I certainly don't know and we can only judge reyam on his/her actions. Anyone can post up "mate i've been a true supporter for the last 357 years" to justify their position....none of us can know whether that is true  unless we know the person in question.

OK so we have the egg on our face for the time being after hoping our team would beat Melbourne in a simlar way to what they did 4 weeks ago. Lets hope they can turn it around if results favour them this weekend. Stranger things have happened in sport....

By the way, why is reyam "mayer" spelt backwards?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2