Season Launch, What happened!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
The night was ok, Food on offer was finger food, dim sims, fish and chips. Tooheys extra dry Beer, Champaign, Red and white wine. The players mainly kept to themselves at the back of the auditorium. But they were happy enough to talk to fans when they were approached. None of the legends like Cliffy etc turned up. Wendy Hamer did her best to MC, she was funny and cheeky at times. It got a little annoying that certain sector of people kept talking while preceding were happening. The Cheerleaders walked around in there NEW outfits before and after the speeches.

I would hope in future years the club gets more “creative” with such an important event.

I spoke to Crusher at length. He stated that Kane, Burns and Ballin plus 4 more of the better PL players will be very hard to keep at manly. He said most of these would only get low money at Manly but other clubs are willing to pay close to 100k. So he may have no choice but to some of them go.

Also Manly rarely pays for the younger players from the country to come to Manly. So he’s competing with clubs like the Roosters and Parra who pay around 10k for a player.

Aaron groom won a scholarship payment from the club.

Kane is keen for a big year, he was disappointed at being suspended so often last year, but he will do his best to stay on the paddock.

Willie Bishop is very focused in making an impression at 5/8 he has a kiwi arrogance about him saying that he can do things with skill and footwork that most players don’t have and he’s looking forward to adding spark to the Manly side. He’s in full fitness.

Burnsie initially stated that he should be playing NRL, but after I mentioned Monas, Orford and Witt that were ahead of him he realistically said that he can hope to make an impact when he gets a chance. He’s a little character.

Beaver-Doesn’t know if he’ll play next year. He said travel is VERY tempting.

Dunley- I said that our site calls him the “Angry Smurf” he thought that was funny. He’s Good bloke. He’s adamant he’ll share the duties with Monas. I also stated the Ballin is going very well in PL. He agreed.

Speeches
They were predictable, the sort of info you’d expect to hear.

Dessie-We should make the 8, if he fails to he will still finish his 3 years.
He said we won’t see the best out of the team until round 6. I recorded some of this interview on my Mobile I’ll see if I can get it on the site as an mp3 file.

The Ox- He’s enjoying the change, the team is looking sharp.

BK- Was happy with our performance against the Tigers even though it was a trial we are sharp. Still doesn’t know about his future. But he’s feeling good atm.

Pat Wilson- His speech was good, he reinforced Manly zest to improve in all facets of the club.

Dunley got interviewed and Monas didn’t!

nice work mate.

I really hope we dont let too much talent go - certainly in the back row with beaver and Bk getting old.

First one I would let go would be Kane, I doubt that will happen though (as I remember Scott Fulton).

I would hope they could atleast keep Ballin ,& invest a bit into the future especially with Groom.If Burns doesnt get a shot this year ,i cant see any reason to keep him ,By all sounds of things Groom could be biting at the heels for a shot sooner than later..

"He’s adamant he’ll share the duties with Monas. I also stated the Ballin is going very well in PL. He agreed"

I wonder if this will equate to a raft of amended YARTS

Great report Byso !

Nice of Crusher to give his son Kane a wrap. I saw his trial form against The Roo$ter$ at Gosford & his defence was ordinary to say the least.

Kane Cleal on $100k ?????? What currency are talking ??

If Crusher can get Jamie Lyon to Brookvale in 07' , I'll retract my comments about his sons football ability.

"You know it makes sense "

I spoke to Crusher at length. He stated that Kane will be very hard to keep at manly. He said most of these would only get low money at Manly but other clubs are willing to pay close to 100k. So he may have no choice but to some of them go.

**** off. One of the worst ever. Taking the piss, surely.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6