Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thought I might start a new 2022 Covid thread to keep things fresh.

Its something none of us want to talk about but I'm really worried next season will be hugely affected by the new Omicron variant.

Over here in UK its taking hold like a tsunami and I can only imagine it will hit Australia with the same ferocity soon.

I'm sure many of you are all over the news but for perspective yesterday here in the UK we had 97000 positive omicron cases. Throughout this whole thing until now the number of positive tests peaked at around 65000 so to jump so high so quickly really has the UK spooked. Government is predicting 150000+ positive cases a day within 10 days.

Now I'm of the thought we need to see what happens with hospital rates and deaths but you would need to think the more that have it the more that die.

So coming back to the NRL I do wonder how they will handle it when numbers are high. Premier league here are getting positive cases all the time now in players and are pushing thru with testing and standing players down for 10 days so will be interesting to see if they try to shut the NRL down again.

Let's hope not. Our window is opening and we don't need more disruption this season.

Hope that the optional mask wearing in N S W in many locations has or will be reviewed very soon and to be made mandatory . Just like trying to fight the virus with one hand tied behind one "s back , especially for the public heath authorities there . Going to be hard enough to contain the virus even with the most recommended public health practices without some flaky public health directives from some elected Poli representatives . Especially for the sporting comps and naturally the N R L for 2022 to get back to some normality as soon as possible

Will it impact season 2022, absolutely!!

Do we have to learn to live with it , probably.

Are vaccines the cure , at present no but they appear to keep you from getting it too seriously.

It’s a bastard isn’t it and affects each and every one of us in some way.

'Covid cancellations: Which games are off? What are the rules?'

42 positive cases this week amongst teams and players. Ouch
As of today the NFL has over 120 players on the COVID list.

This is causing havoc with some teams.

Evidently there are 10 Sydney Swans who have tested positive. Which just goes to show how easily it spreads even if it isn't as life threatening as Delta. If one person gets it, you can pretty much bet it'll spread to enough others that might make fielding a team difficult.

The NRL is contractually obligated to deliver content so any cancellation will cost them money.

And there's the issue of the competition. What do you do with the match ? Call it a draw ? I can't see a heavy favourite accepting that when the greatest likelihood was that it would've won the match.

I think about the only certainty is that it's going to get messy at some point in the season.

I doubt the NRL will institute a bubble next season. It's going to be hard for the TAB to set their markets when they don't know who and how many players will have to sit out each week. What if the whole Roosters team visit the same nightclub a couple of days before a match against Gold Coast and one of the coke dealers tests positive.

I doubt the NRL will institute a bubble next season. It's going to be hard for the TAB to set their markets when they don't know who and how many players will have to sit out each week. What if the whole Roosters team visit the same nightclub a couple of days before a match against Gold Coast and one of the coke dealers tests positive.
I think it will be like the cricketers when they go out it will be only 3 out a time.

I think it will be like the cricketers when they go out it will be only 3 out a time.
Do you know how they manage infections in the NFL and EPL? I know that Aaron Rodgers had to sit out a week or two earlier this year when he contracted Covid, which made Green Bay sitting ducks. Jordan Love may prove to be the worst draft pick in history.

Do you know how they manage infections in the NFL and EPL? I know that Aaron Rodgers had to sit out a week or two earlier this year when he contracted Covid, which made Green Bay sitting ducks. Jordan Love may prove to be the worst draft pick in history.
We , as in the NRL, are seriously just going to have to learn to live with it.

You can’t shut down games / lock out fans with it raging in the community.

People just need to take personal responsibility, wether that’s not attending , a RAT test before attending , Vaccines , Masks whatever is needed.

But we just have to get on with life.

It’s been a stressful couple of years. Mankind has a lot to answer for no question. Is Mankind responsible directly or indirectly for these viruses maybe maybe not. I am satisfied of one issue and that is politicians around the world are short sighted fools.

At 6k a day cases in NSW I can’t see there being crowds at footy. It’s only getting worse..

BBL & Test Matches in Sydney still going ahead at the moment. Can't see any reason as to why NRL crowds will be halted at this stage.

If healthy & fully vaccinated (including any boosters) and are still worried about getting COVID, then you might as well weld your doors shut because it's near impossible to stop an airborne virus. We're all going to get it at some point.

Roosters? They'll just play their Origin rep reserve graders.

I was watching the cricket today (you may have been too) when they stated that, in Sydney, the players will be in a bubble. When Ponting asked if this meant they couldn't go to restaurants he was told that, in fact, they can go out to restaurants but only in groups of two or three and they have to sit outside. Isn't outside where all the unvaccinated people have to sit?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4