SeaEagles v Titans Rd3 Game day thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pick the Margin Manly v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans
Saturday 23rd March kickoff 4:30pm QLD time
Gates open 2:00pm QLD time

LIVE TV | FOX Sports 1
LIVE RADIO | Triple M Sydney & Brisbane, ABC Grandstand 2GB

M Cecchin + L Phillips (VR S Chiddy + T Maksoud) ||

207w50m.jpg

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 3
Titans v Sea Eagles @ Skilled, Sat 3:15pm AEDT
(2:15pm QLD time, live on FOX Sports 1)

Sea Eagles:

Titans:

VB NSW Cup Round 3
Wests Tigers (WST) v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) @ Leichhardt Oval, Sat 1:10pm (Live on FOX Sports 1)

Sea Eagles:1. Peta Hiku
2. Dom Nasso
3. Ben Farrar ©
4. Esi Tonga
5. Jacob Gagan
6. Jason Seage
7. Dane Chisholm
8. James Cunningham
9. Kayne Lawton
10. George Rose
11. Michael Chee Kam
12. Jesse Sene-Lefao
13. Nick Skinner

14. Liam Higgins
15. James Hasson
16. Justin Lemalu
17. Ligi Sao

COACH: Luke Williamson

Tigers: 1. James Tedesco
2. Taqele Naiyaravoro
3. Tim Simona
4. Rory Brien
5. Asipeli Fine
6. Sean Meaney ©
7. Jack Madden
8. Michael Bullock
9. Joel Luani
10. Sean Spence
11. Jarrod Farlow
12. Josh Davis
13. David Harris

14. Seffa Silafau
15. Sitaleki Akauolo
17. Jy Hitchcox
19. Inno Inososio
23. Adrian Haangana

COACH: Paul Fletcher

Twitter follow
@manlyseaeagles
@NeilEvansmail
@NRL @LeagueUnlimited
@TripleM_NRLlive
@FOXSportsNews
@FOXNRL for live updates and chat

Hashtags
#GoManly #NrlGldMan

they,ll have to be on their guard against that ponytailed grub in the forwards,who doesnt mind a cheap shot or two,he was number 16 yesterday I think

@manlyseaeagles Steve Matai pulled up ok and will be good for round 3.

And from

@NeilEvansmail
@berkeley_eagle should be okay.. Still wAiting on full MRI report! #matai

Berkeley_Eagle said:
@manlyseaeagles Steve Matai pulled up ok and will be good for round 3.

And from

@NeilEvansmail
@berkeley_eagle should be okay.. Still wAiting on full MRI report! #matai

Good news. Thanks BE for the update. Symonds did a good job, but you just can't replace Matai.

Saw him play a cpl times last year when coming back through q cup @ Tweed...he fancies himself as a knuckleman...who have we got in that department to sort him??..I'm thinking Richie Fa'aoso might be the man to give it to James??:bash:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/redcliffe-angered-as-tweed-heads-rival-ryan-james-escapes-ban-for-shoulder-charge/story-e6frep5x-1226474446952

Can't wait, and can't believe I get to see my team two weeks apart, almost like if they were based here in SEQ.

Oh well, after that bugger all and more trips to Sydney

OR

Join me in New Zealand for the June long weekend????

How's Greg "the glasser" Birds platinum blonde hair do.

Looks like Rutger Hauer in BladeRunner.

I don't think we've turned in a strong performance against the Titans since we crushed them 38-4 in a 2009 semi.

I think we can do them 12+ this time around though.

Clash with Titans sure to have extra heat for Lyon

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/clash-with-titans-sure-to-have-extra-heat-for-lyon-20130318-2gb9b.html#ixzz2NvPWxTdO

Jamie Lyon admits there will be a ''bit more spice'' when he comes up against the Gold Coast on Saturday after rejecting their multi-million offer to join them this season.
Lyon, off contract at the end of the year, was offered a mammoth $3.2 million over four seasons to join the Titans after the club lost Beau Champion and missed out on replacement centre target Michael Jennings.
However, the Manly skipper remained loyal and is hopeful of finishing his career at Brookvale Oval.
The 31-year-old, who scored 12 points in a dominant performance against Newcastle, said the Skilled Park encounter may have a different feel about it this time around.
Advertisement
''I forgot all about it until you brought it up,'' Lyon chuckled. ''I guess it adds a bit more spice. There were a few rumours being spread around at the time and it wasn't a real good look.
''It doesn't worry me now, I'm over it. I would only have [entertained it] if Manly wanted to get rid of me or it was over the salary cap and I had to go. I never gave it a chance really, I was never going to leave the boys.''
In fact, Lyon is hopeful of re-signing to ensure that he finishes his career in maroon and white. His agent, George Mimis, has been in discussions with Sea Eagles officials in recent weeks and it's hoped a deal can be struck soon. ''It's going in the right direction and hopefully it will get sorted out in the next couple of weeks. I'd love to stay for a couple more years if it works out,'' he said.
''Definitely it's my first choice, all of my best mates are here and the club has been great to me over the years.''
The former NSW and Australian three-quarter retired from representative football but remains in career best form. Asked if he would consider again making himself available for Origin, Lyon said: ''Probably not. I really enjoyed it when I was younger and had some good times. But I just don't have the passion for it and don't enjoy it as much as I should. I know that probably doesn't sound great and isn't a good look but it's just how I feel.''
Manly have again been in the headlines for the wrong reasons, most recently for their alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs.
However, the club has a knack of performing despite - or perhaps in spite of - the adversity. They will be aiming for their third-straight victory against the Titans.
''We've got a strong group that's been there for a while and we know each other really well … it's always business as usual for us,'' Lyon said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/clash-with-titans-sure-to-have-extra-heat-for-lyon-20130318-2gb9b.html#ixzz2NvPOkL5W

Always a tough game up there, especially if Checcin is the ref!!

What they don't have is much crowd support, and those that are there are worse than Broncos fans, almost no passion at all.

Heat may have an impact , although its a much later start than last weeks game.

One thing is assured the MWTS will be there in large force and we WILL make plenty of noise.

Although not serious title contenders, I think this year the Titans have close to there best team since joining the competition....man for man we are by far the better team, but I'll be happy to get out of their with 2 points no matter how much we win by.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7